It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin, the winter olympics and Muslims...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
At least Russia has a leader. The US has George Soros and his puppet Obama...

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

nwtrucker
Slowly, I've found reasons to agree with Putin and some of his comments.

As an older person, I prefer the culture I grew up in over the changes occurring now. I believe in the "melting pot" rather than "multi-culturalism" . His comments on the Muslims wanting Sharia law in Russia should go to a country that has and is dominated by Sharia law resonates with me.

Did he by any chance comment on destroying and massacring one of those countries? Put is another side of the same extremism coin, and according to your comment, you have some extremist views as well.

nwtrucker
I also am not particularly a huge support of gay rights. We're not going to get rid of it, but leaving it in the closet is my preferred solution...as weak as that is.LOL.

No surprises there... go on...

nwtrucker
Apparently, Putin has called for some sort of coalition to fight Muslims. I'm not sure about that one, he may be visionary or pure evil.

Throw in the new one where five different countries claim information on a supposed at attack planned during the Winter Olympics and that opens the door to a new "false flag" possibility. An attack at the winter Olympics blamed on Muslim extremists.

Now there are two very possible scenarios. A legitimate attack AND a false flag attack.

I, for one, will not be attending these games.LOL

The truth may set you free...but trying to find the truth will probably cause a brain aneurism and kill you.....

Putin fighting 'Muslims'. Where did you get that?

So you will not support Russian economy? Don't worry, you are not the only one. I heard it on TV that sales of tickets were fairly low. In England they had military fill empty sits, I guess Putin can do the same.

I am against any terrorism, including one called Putin and your so called agreeing to it.
edit on 24-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

You raise good points.

Spiritually speaking, this is all insanity.

Reality says something different. This crap has been going on since the dawn of time. between species and internally in almost every species. It's not going away.

If it isn't going away, I prefer being on the winning side, my likes, dislikes, my culture over "theirs".

My thread is, if nothing else, an honest communication of how I feel about it, as well as my uncertainties.

If some of my views fall into your definition of extreme, Mia Culpa. I am equally certain I could find "lines" that if crossed in your ideas that you'd have a similar response, to wit, "extreme", at least in somebody's viewpoint.

I confess to finding agreement with some of Putin's comments, apparently many others do as well, certainly not all of his actions, suppressing opposition, free press and his affiliation with Russian mafia, not mentioning his apparent 20 billion in stolen monies from the Russian people sitting in international banks-don't know if that's true or not.

This you know, one person's "terrorist" is another's "freedom fighter". The only good these labels serve, other than collation, is to show that others don't see things the way you do.

I guess it's the mixed feeling I have on all this that prompted this thread.

My honest feeling is if I woke up tomorrow and all Muslims where summarily deported, I wouldn't lose much sleep about it.

Yet, a war against them, "them or us" , a genocide, so to speak would not sit well with me, whatsoever!

I do know without any reservation that continued pandering, continued ignoring the fact of the movement towards Sharia law, the holding of their religious beliefs higher than our own, will result in our eventual loss of that culture which I grew up in.

If you can cubbyhole me based on this post, than your a better man than me, Gunga Din. LOL.

Bottom line, is I'm not sure about Putin. There seem to be some positive qualities in him that are blatantly missing in our leadership.

Perhaps, if our leadership wasn't lacking those qualities, Putin wouldn't stand out in any positive light whatsoever!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nwtrucker

There is not much positive or good about Putin, not for his people, nor rest of the world. His view and politic is very extreme, from view on LBGT people to views on religious minorities.

I don't call that leadership, it shows more characteristics of dictatorship, and I know that many would welcome that, if that means that they can express their extreme views.

I really don't care about wining side, as there is not such a thing. We are all loosing, that is fact.

Your mentioning that this is not unique to people, this self-destruction can be seen elsewhere - true, but not to this degree, that we are danger not just to ourselves, but to whole planet.

One very smart man once said:

"It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value."
- Arthur C. Clarke

I completely agree.
edit on 24-1-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

OK! Then what's your solution to this "extreme"-my label is "norm".

I very much care who wins....if the contest is inevitable.

The ideal vs reality. I don't have a magic wand, neither do you.

What is your solution?

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

He has the right to articulate and represent the moral code of the Russian nation. That IS a leadership function. Whether you agree with his view of it or not.

As far as "religious minorities", a generality, goes. If a minority is innocuous, it should be treated differently than one that commits acts of terrorism. That's basic common sense. If and when he acts against more than Muslims, then you can label it "religious minorities", until such a time it's Muslim extremists. Not religious minorities.

On the point of gays, oh well, stay away from Russian children....

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
How can anyone agree with a dictator, seriously dudes is evil as they come, and thos evil muslim caveman as people call them, are freedom fighters, there fed up of how russia as raped and pillaged the caucasus since the 19th century and maybe more. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

nwtrucker

That IS a leadership function. Whether you agree with his view of it or not.

Can't be the same said for president Obama, whether you agree with his views or not?

Or you should use different criteria in his case?

As for Russia and surroundings, history is your friend. You can learn more from it, some of that history is recent, just past 20-30 years.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I agree, different labels for different point of views. If Putin violates the Russian constitution repeatedly as Obama has, then it's up to the Russian people to do something about it.

I'm aware of the historic side that you refer to and it's valid...to a degree. Similar acts as that are committed in Russia by fundamentalists are occurring in multiple countries around the world with zero "Justifications" that you offer up for the Russian incidents. That, in my book, mitigates the so-called righteousness of these acts.

Apparently, there are 22 current conflicts world-wide. The Muslims are involved in 21 of them, in some cases, against each other.

I believe that was the point Putin was making for an international coalition.

Yes, he's a dictator, more or less, yet there are many that fall into that category, not excluding Obama....

You seemed to have forced me into defending him..LOL.

As I said, I've mixed feelings on him. I admit I admire his vocal and unfettered threats against any that attempt to undermine Russia and I suspect that trait is what is admired most and seen to be missing for American and it's culture.

<< 1   >>

join