It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New History of Humanity - Astounding Scientific Discoveries ..3.4 million year old tool use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
The video speaks of a change in what has been written in our history books as far as man's early beginnings. 3.4 million years ago man was carving meat with stone tools.
Fluted tool manufacture and use is at least 2 million years old.
The use of fire goes back to over 1.4 million years ago which allowed our guts to shrink due to cooked food.. Well some guts shrank! .

The 1.2 million year old extinction event that brought the breeding populations down to a guesstimated 18,000

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Good video. I wonder how long that hominoids have been using tools and fire. Earliest evidence shows does not mean that it was not way before that. Sure humans were not there back then but the ancestors of humans were. I think everyone alive has ancestors going back millions of years. How else would we be here, we did not fly in on space ships.

I could be wrong though, I do not see any evidence yet that disproves that we are not even real. It could all be an illusion like a video game beyond our wildest comprehension. Totally interactive with some sort of being on a real world somewhere. But that is another story.

Very good film, I have to go sleep, I only watched eleven minutes but will get to it tomorrow again.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Nice vid
Catch it on the flip side S&F

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Cantwatch now (at work) but I will check it out from home later!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Brilliant vid - thanks.

I was fascinated to see that humanity was originally far more diverse than it is today. I am not surprised that our ancestors have been around working with both tools and fire well before our text books told us.

I have always 'known' that with our brains we were certainly not sitting calmly in a cave for tens of hundreds of years without travelling - our curiosity which is a part of being human would never have been satisfied with that.

Its kind of frightening to think that although we watch a video that says we have been nearly extinct several times already, sooner or later, us or our future relatives, will face the same near extinction happenings again.

This information is great to digest slowly because it means rethinking our history and all that that entails.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

3.4 million years? Wait, it says it is at least 2 million years old? Let me guess, the "scientific" carbon dating puts the date around 25,000 to 4 million years old? Like usual? Oh, nevermind....You carbon daters wouldn't understand what I am saying anyways....You know we used stone tools as recent as a few hundred years back.....How old are those rocks we are using to make them? Oh well, have fun....

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Collectors of stone points now have a wider range of years to speculate about and to collect. I had a feeling humans had been around far longer than the past estimates, thanks for this thread an video.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
You carbon daters wouldn't understand what I am saying anyways....

Please enlighten us, oh wise one. Just how old is the Earth? I heard 5,345 y.o. from some Catholics, but a couple Lutherans derided that as a complete lie and said the Earth was definably no older than 5,127 y.o.

I don't know what to believe anymore

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by 727Sky

3.4 million years? Wait, it says it is at least 2 million years old? Let me guess, the "scientific" carbon dating puts the date around 25,000 to 4 million years old? Like usual? Oh, nevermind....You carbon daters wouldn't understand what I am saying anyways....You know we used stone tools as recent as a few hundred years back.....How old are those rocks we are using to make them? Oh well, have fun....

You're right, If I understand you correctly.

The rocks that the stone tools are made of may be hundreds of thousands of years old but that doesn't mean that the tools themselves are that age.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Shiloh7
reply to post by 727Sky

Brilliant vid - thanks.

I was fascinated to see that humanity was originally far more diverse than it is today. I am not surprised that our ancestors have been around working with both tools and fire well before our text books told us.

Sorry you had such crappy textbooks.
2 million year old tool use was discovered in the 1930's by Louis Leakey. Olduvai Gorge. Heard of it?
Leakey's 2 million YBP date had been pushed back to 2.6 MYA. That find is 20 years old. Source
This most recent find (2009) is thought to be tools used by an Australopithicine. Not human, but possibly in the family tree.

No tools were recovered (source), but a tiny piece of stone was found wedged in one of the cut marks in the bone fossil.

Since the Afar stone tools were transported to the kill or scavenge site from nearly four miles away, A. afarensis must have valued the sharp objects. What's unclear, however, is whether or not the ancient hominids made the stones themselves, or just picked already sharp stones up from the ground.
Source

When were you using these textbooks?

Harte
edit on 1/22/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by 727Sky

Maybe you should read up on C14 dating, how it works and what the limitations are on it. You can't date non organic material with they method so its not what was used to date any rock ever. It also can't be used to get an accurate date beyond approximately 40,000 BPE Making statements based entirely on ignorance only makes your point look foolish, not the data or methodology you call in to question.

top topics

join