It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baked Chicken Herbs de Provence with veggies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is super easy and super tasty!

Baked Chicken Herbs de Provence with veggies

Ingredients
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into pieces OR
2-3 lbs chicken pieces like thighs and legs.
(I have used both and both came out great)
2 cups baby carrots, whole
2 cups red potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
3/4 cup mushrooms sliced
3 1/4 tbs Herbs de Provence
1 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/3 cup white wine
2 1/2 tbs Olive Oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 425F (218C)
Mix Herbs de Provence, garlic, onion powder, wine and olive oil in a large bowl. Add chicken and veggies and coat evenly. Pour chicken and veggie mixture into large casserole dish.
Bake for 30mins uncovered then stir and bake an additional 15-20 until done.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Looks scrumches, I will try it with cubed veggie chicken, by Gardien or one of the numerous great ones!

Found this since i don't have..

Herbs de Provence

INGREDIENTS:
    2 tablespoons dried rosemary
    1 tablespoon fennel seed
    2 tablespoons dried savory
    2 tablespoons dried thyme
    2 tablespoons dried basil
    2 tablespoons dried marjoram
    2 tablespoons dried lavender flowers
    2 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
    1 tablespoon dried oregano
    1 tablespoon dried tarragon
    1 teaspoon bay powder
    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Grind rosemary and fennel seed in a spice grinder; transfer to a mixing bowl. Stir savory, thyme, basil, marjoram, lavender, parsley, oregano, tarragon, and bay powder with the rosemary and fennel. Store in an air-tight container between uses.

edit on 21-1-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I had a striking similar meal this evening, only with salmon and additional veg.

Made a light mushroom sauce (touch of crushed garlic) to pour over after to was done roasting/baking.

Very healthy and very tasty
Simple too!

edit: Chicken is my preference, the salmon was on offer and i couldn't resist a few slices for a few quid. you can use any meat at all apart from shell fish and even that could work.

edit on 21-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Biigs
I had a striking similar meal this evening, only with salmon and additional veg.

Made a light mushroom sauce (touch of crushed garlic) to pour over after to was done roasting/baking.

Very healthy and very tasty
Simple too!

edit: Chicken is my preference, the salmon was on offer and i couldn't resist a few slices for a few quid. you can use any meat at all apart from shell fish and even that could work.

edit on 21-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

Ohhh that sounds good! I am not a big fan of salmon but I sure do love a good mushroom sauce. I wanted to make a sauce with the mushrooms instead of using them in the dish but I really liked the flavor without a sauce and the mushrooms in the dish instead. I've made this a few different ways and this by far is my favorite. I prefer white meat so I use chicken breasts and when my husband is home I use chicken thighs and other pieces. It is still pretty tasty either way.

Chicken is also my preference. I'm not into pork unless it's in the form of bacon and I like fish but I'm very picky about the kind and where it's from. If it even remotely has a fishy taste to it I won't eat it. I love shrimp though and this wouldn't be bad with shrimp either come to think of it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I always had a hard time finding the lavender for Herbs de Provence! There is a local herb shop at our flea market that has the best dried Herbs de Provence. It is a little expensive but it goes a long way because I don't ever really use a lot at once. I'd love to make my own and store it. I do that with my taco seasoning. It's pre made and kept in a tupperware container.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I am a lover of herbs and grow what I can, not enough sun and to wet here but I have some good ones all the same, I even has some curry but it died after 4 years.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Char-Lee

I am a lover of herbs and grow what I can, not enough sun and to wet here but I have some good ones all the same, I even has some curry but it died after 4 years.

I would love to grow all my own herbs!! I have basil, oregano, rosemary and thyme. I'm in FL and I'm in an apt upstairs so I can't have too much with the sun and the way the porch is set up. My back porch kills a lot of stuff because sit gets direct afternoon sun. It's not so bad right now but it will get super hot and humid out there and everything seems to bake in an afternoon.

I keep the ones I use the most that i mentioned above. Those seem to do just fine. I am about to get hanging plants so I can plant a couple more herbs on the front porch. I love that we are allowed to do this here, a big reason I moved here was because they allowed you to have plants out front and on your porch. Most apartments don't allow it.

I have never grown curry. What kind of environment does it need?

What kind of herbs can you grow where you are?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Well it likes hot weather so i am amazed it lived and did well so long. I have all the ones you have but I have a green house. I have many varieties of each because i am a collector! Can't stop at one and now they keep adding varieties. I grow all my lettuce and onions but the root crops don't do much here. I have large plants like mountain pepper bushes (tree) stays a bush here. We have local myrtle trees which are a bay leaf, nearly the same. Bunches of stuff ca't remember it all :-)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Char-Lee

Well it likes hot weather so i am amazed it lived and did well so long. I have all the ones you have but I have a green house. I have many varieties of each because i am a collector! Can't stop at one and now they keep adding varieties. I grow all my lettuce and onions but the root crops don't do much here. I have large plants like mountain pepper bushes (tree) stays a bush here. We have local myrtle trees which are a bay leaf, nearly the same. Bunches of stuff ca't remember it all :-)

OH I'd love a greenhouse! That is great. I have a small porch and some potting racks. I do ok with what i have to work with. I told my husband the next place we move is a house with a yard. I want my own garden.

You sound like my mom with her garden. She grows her own veggies, herbs and some fruits. I just had some of her broccoli, it was really good. She always has tomatoes too.

posted on Aug, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join