It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Market Reloaded. TOR network arrest continue...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

According to the criminal complaint, Korff suggested tucking the poison into the bun of a cheeseburger, or possibly pouring it into a shot of rum or whiskey....

....Korff allegedly assured the agent the victim's death would appear to simply be a severe case of the flu.

This is a 19 year old man who conspired to knowingly provide a weapon to commit murder. There is no other way to view this.

This is not a poor dumb kid and it's absurd to even suggest that. Human life clearly has no value to this person. 20 years would be reasonable IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Could we say it equates to selling a loaded gun ?
He didn't kill anyone.
Would he be just as guilty if he just pointed to the bush for the FBI ?
What if he just pointed out the information online ?
What if he wrote it in a book ?

I mentioned a rock above, would it have been a crime to say here's a rock this is how you can kill with it ?
What if he had sharpened the rock ?

Anyone see what I'm trying to say ?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

redflinstone
This arrest was not done by breaching the anonymity of the TOR network.. This kid went to a location, and that is how the cops got him.. This dumb ass is not innocent and he did not sell harmless rocks.. He sold a REAL poison capable of killing people even with small doses.
edit on 21-1-2014 by redflinstone because: (no reason given)

Ugh, "real poisons" are sold at the hardware store. Sold in flower shops. Sold all over the place.

The crime is the intent. The undercover agents explained their intent with it, and that underlines the severity of the criminal behaviour.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I am not saying what he did is ok.
I am saying it's a shame.
What's the news saying his mom & dad were dead when he was 13 -15, raised in foster care.
When of age he moved out on that land, alone.
And still I'm not making excuses, just think it's a damn shame...
He had no one, no chance...

Anyone that actually wanted to harm, would have picked their own berries, the only intent here was to catch someone.

edit on 25-1-2014 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

donlashway
reply to post by boncho

I am not saying what he did is ok.
I am saying it's a shame.
What's the news saying his mom & dad were dead when he was 13 -15, raised in foster care.
When of age he moved out on that land, alone.
And still I'm not making excuses, just think it's a damn shame...
He had no one, no chance...

How many people without those resources don't sell a poison that can kill someone?
I am sure their are people on this very site that didn't have parents and found a better way in life.
The fact that he tried to sell poison is not a shame, it's a crime and hopefully he does the time for it.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Another pointless reply, I did not imply that he did not have intent. Everyone wants to tell everyone else they are wrong, so much so that they add meanings to what others wrote, my only response to that is "Grow up."

His intent is evident, since he gave instructions and likely outcomes. Anyone that can not see that is rather simple.
edit on 26-1-2014 by redflinstone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Abrin is an ugly ugly toxin, as I've just been reading. A very bad thing and like others said, he deserves no sympathy in my opinion. He's just one great big fail here. All around.

For anyone interested, this is the page about Abrin from The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. Pretty much textbook and as solid a reference for info as it comes and given that? I hope the kid never sees freedom again.

A lot of people could have died ...and it doesn't sound like he cared beyond getting paid for the means to do it.
edit on 26-1-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

redflinstone
reply to post by boncho

Another pointless reply, I did not imply that he did not have intent. Everyone wants to tell everyone else they are wrong, so much so that they add meanings to what others wrote, my only response to that is "Grow up."

His intent is evident, since he gave instructions and likely outcomes. Anyone that can not see that is rather simple.
edit on 26-1-2014 by redflinstone because: (no reason given)

I only made a clarification because you said he sold "real poisons". Poisons are sold everywhere. Selling poison doesn't show criminal intent. Selling a poison with intent to harm someone, does.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Well sir let me tell you

I lost my dad at 16. No insurance nothing

My mother lost it as she was a stay at home mother with very little resources

Me and my brother were left to fend for ourselves

My brother is a junkie

I am homeless. Living in my van. Constantly on the edge

Brother even stole my identity

He was you are wrong

Without family or some kind of support that is where you end up

I know I've been close

Starving and cold, no telling what you will do to fix it

The world cares not for people like this young man or me

Most will be happy he's gone

And like me when he is gone there will be no ones to mourn the loss

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Another_Nut
I lost my dad at 16. No insurance nothing

Given all you went through have you tried to sell poison that would kill another person?

It sucks you had a tough life and I wish you didn't.

Not sure what any of that has to do with this person willing make the choice to sell poison that would take another's life.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Yes i have sold drugs

Different poison

Different death

But not so different when you get down to it

I am not innocent by any means

We do what we do

If that was all he had to work with( just an assumption he was in the same boat as me)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you sold drugs and got arrested then I'm not sure what sympathy you should expect from anyone.
This person tried to sell a poison that really only has one use in that form and that is to kill someone.
In other forms it can possibly be used as a remedy but based on the info presented that is not what he was intending.

Another_Nut
But not so different when you get down to it

Actually very different.

If you sold Heroin or Coke or some other drug then a person can use it and not die from it. Death is a possible consequence of it sure but not likely.

Lets look at what this poison does..

"Because no antidote exists for abrin, the most important factor is avoiding abrin exposure in the first place. If exposure cannot be avoided, the most important factor is getting the abrin off or out of the body as quickly as possible."

This logic of "life is hard , so I do what I must" is great as long as you are willing to deal with the consequences if you get caught.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What happened to "innocent until proven guilty" in our society? Why are so many people ready to throw the accused in jail indefinitely without hearing the other side of the story?
We have only one side of this story and just from reading what has been presented---I get a distinct whiff of an odor---phewww---more than a whiff actually---more like a set-up by LEOs to make headlines to "prove" how we need them to protect us. It wouldn't be the first time some alphabet agency, when threatened with funding cuts, sets up some poor slob to take a fall and make them Saviors of the Day!
Can we at least let the case go to trial, you know, like the law requires?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

The question is why was he in the situation

He had no hope from a young age

Its not life is hard so we do what we must

It is

I am starving to death. What can i do

Watch a survive show. You lose the ability to make good decisions

And if i had sold the overdose

Would that not make me just as guilty?

When he sold it how does he know the person will follow thru?

All in perspective i guess

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Another_Nut
The question is why was he in the situation

I am sure that if the guy who sold the poison and it killed someone said to the family, "my life was hard and I needed money so I sold poison and it killed your loved one" they would understand.

Desperate times require desperate measures for sure and to this point I have never had to make the choices you had.

Regardless of being homeless/poor/other or not If you are going to take other people's life into your hands without giving them a choice then you should deal with the consequences of those desperate measures if you get caught vs blaming your situation.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Don't say that until you are homeless poor and starving with no one to turn to

The situation isn't being blamed

The situation is what it is

Until you have to make life or death decisions

With your life in the balance

Never say never

You may be surprise what you will do to survive

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Another_Nut
Don't say that until you are homeless poor and starving with no one to turn to

Ahh the old walk a mile in my shoes line..

What I know now and what I will know if I am ever homeless: If I sell a drug, their is a chance someone is going to die. If I get behind the wheel drunk , their is a better than average chance I am going to die and kill someone else. If I hold a gun to a persons head and pull the trigger most likely they are going to die. If I sell poison to a buyer they are most likely going to use it to hurt another person.

That doesn't change if I'm typing it from a warm house or a homeless shelter.

Again I hope your life turns around but that doesn't mean it's okay for you to sell poison but then get a free pass because life has been hard.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

It's not a line

Its the truth

People like to say that they would never do things

But leave that heated home

Stand outside in the cold

Let yourself freeze to death

Or go back inside and warm up

Good to have a choice huh?

Some don't get that choice

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Another_Nut
People like to say that they would never do things

I never said I wouldn't do those things..I said I would not expect those things to give me a free pass.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

You were the only one to see it was about TOR network and arrest related, so here's next one I saw in news, local to me again...
Cape Coral man charged in NY 'Silk Road' drug prosecution Published: Jan 27, 2014 11:46 AM EST Updated: Jan 27, 2014 11:46 AM EST

NEW YORK (AP) - Federal prosecutors say two men are charged in New York with conspiring to commit money laundering by selling over $1 million in bitcoins to users of the black market website Silk Road that let users buy illegal drugs anonymously. Authorities say Charlie Shrem was arrested Sunday at Kennedy International Airport in New York while Robert Faiella was arrested Monday at his Cape Coral, Fla., residence. Prosecutors say in a release that Faiella sold bitcoins to users seeking to buy illegal drugs on the site through a Manhattan office. They say Shrem personally bought drugs on Silk Road and helped Faiella exchange more than $1 million in cash for bitcoins so they could make illegal purchases. It wasn't immediately clear who would represent Faiella and Shrem in court. (Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Is or was TOR a federal sting ?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join