It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops bloody old man...for jaywalking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Morning,

It seems everyday we have a new tale of violence being perpatrated upon the citizens by the boys in blue.
NYPD is at it again and once more, everything is spiraling out of control.
The paranoid police state is finding it's stride and it's steamrollering everything in it's path. Laws, due process, habeas corpus, fair treatment, respect for the Constitution and finally the citizens themselves.
It's not going to stop and will only get worse until the people finally find a pair and put a stop to this out of control totalitarian state we have on the rise.
"No one is safe" they are fond of saying...but the danger out there statistically speaking isn't coming from crooks.
It's coming from cops.
We used to have peace officers.
Now we just have jack booted thugs who drool at the chance to be unleashed on the public.
Decide for yourselves...

nypost.com...

-Peace-

edit on 21-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

he got off lucky
the cctv didn't spot the snickers wrapper he dropped earlier

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I usually don't flag and star this kind of stuff when the blood's so fresh, but the guy didn't understand English. When some civilian talks back to me in Cantonese or some other dialect and I can't understand him, I think it's a fair bet he can't get my order(s). Just sayin'..

Secondly it's kind of a moot point when you're protecting the public safety you're engaged almost exclusively in pain compliance. Doesn't wash with me... and I'm sure someday a sufficiently helpless "suspect" is going to get subdued with enough force to flip some switches: and a lot of people ringside will simultaneously overcome their brainwashing and fluoride infusions. That's as kind and cryptic I'm going to get with the response... these guys in blue wherever the city, are stirring the pot with way too short a spoon.

His son is a lawyer? This should work quite well in concert with the internal investigation, if for no other reason he probably has a decent command of English.

Third, and I liked the capper about Zero Vision . If that had to do with simple perception or compassion, I'd say the NYPD is a little ahead of the national curve...
and there's a little more they have to work on-- unless they want small flash mobs magically dematerializing their less polite rank and file for tea time.
That wasn't hyperbole because I've got a lot of old friends still in Chicago's inner city. If cops beat up old people in certain neighborhoods it's code 42 and you're on the menu. And you won't get a single nose snort of it on Eyewitness News-- it's that ugly.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

This?

Under Title 42 U.S. Code Section 1983, the federal civil rights civil statute, individuals may file lawsuits against an offending officer, police department, or jurisdiction.151 Although the federal law, Section 1983, is used most frequently, plaintiffs may also use state-level statutes in bringing abuse lawsuits. The statute mandates that:

Any person who, under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress....152

www.columbia.edu...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Things must be getting bad if an establishment rag like the Post is slamming cops.

reply to post by Caver78

Looks like things may be changing. This cop was ordered to pay $250,000 of a $500,000 judgment.

Time to start suing cops in civil court for their personal assets.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

EVERY SINGLE TIME this crap happens, people need to be up in arms about it and demand the officers be fired. If they don't, they will reap the rewards of their apathy. This is so damn out of control.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

gladtobehere

Things must be getting bad if an establishment rag like the Post is slamming cops.

reply to post by Caver78

Looks like things may be changing. This cop was ordered to pay $250,000 of a $500,000 judgment.

Time to start suing cops in civil court for their personal assets.

The apathy is even here on ATS, this should be a big deal, S&F to show support, but it isn't. People are already getting wore down. They don't really care about it.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I see this change in police tactics as part of a means of keeping the public 'in order'. They are steadily frightening people with their violence towards the public and its even more shockable because they have no qualms about picking on the vulnerable whom they would, in the past, have helped.

Their actions might be masqueraded as being for the public good to stop jay walking, but had this been done to some gobby young kid, people would have paid little attention, but they targeted and beat up and very elderly man. They didn't know if he was deaf or could understand them. There was no middle ground when they piled into the gentleman and its almost as though they have been told to focus on shock-type tactics as they obviously saw the press present.

The police over in the UK have steadily got more devious and heavy handed and one can't help suspecting that the government has instructed that they use heavy-handedness in order to make the public think twice about complaining, demonstrating or stepping in any way out of line and especially speaking out if they see the police doing something heavy-handed .

The police are the front line for keeping the elite and government officials safe, so the less the public think about protesting and are cowed by the elites home defense force, the easier it is for them to govern and keep their policies of ripping everyone off and making themselves richer .

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

Perhaps we should focus on the elites and gov officials.
The NSA isn't the only one who can track and listen.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Shiloh7

The police are the front line for keeping the elite and government officials safe, so the less the public think about protesting and are cowed by the elites home defense force, the easier it is for them to govern and keep their policies of ripping everyone off and making themselves richer .

I stated as much in a recent post. People just don't give a damn unless they consider it horrific. Unfortunately, it's all horrific. "when they came for..." is such a true little tale.

new topics

top topics

join