It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we discovered an alien planet...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just imagine we are now 100 or 200 year in the future and travelling through space in a spaceship. we detect a planet with the level of late 20th century...what do we do? just ride in or halt an observe from a distance or ignore it an look for somthing more interesting?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I say let`s go and get the party started! lol

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VenusAlien

i mean seriously. we have a responsibility to do the right thing.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I say leave em alone no need to start cattle mutilations or abducting and probing. Whats with the probing anyway? A bunch of intergalactic perverts that's what they are..

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well human's being as they are they would likely be kept away from any primitive race as they would be likely to try to exploit them, slave labour, commodity's or resource's and so pose a risk at there current level or psychosocial inherent morality, the human race need's to evolve or be restrained by an unbreakable code of conduct before they would be allowed to interfere or observe another species less advanced in close proximity.
But all thing's in good time as long as the political motivation's can be kept in balance of human favour.
Past mistake's will alway's way heavily though even when they have been forgotten and the culprit has also been a victim so that is considered as a mitigating factor in humanity's favour.
Internal human politic's though are more likely to prevent human expansion than any external influence as petty inferior leaders and generational heirarchy's strive to maintain control over minority intellect's and prevent disemination of information that would evolve society on earth away from there control and manipulation.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Politicians would probably start placing campaign signs.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What responsibility do we have? Dictated by who?

And who decides what is "right"?

These are things that need to be agreed on by everyone before we go handing out spaceships to anyone. And what happens when anyone can have a spaceship?

Expect to see giant corporations exploiting entire planets. If humans last long enough it is inevitable.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure the TPTB will go and "liberate" the planet like what we did in Iraq, Afghanistan, and other Middle Eastern Nations.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

SLAYER69

I say leave em alone no need to start cattle mutilations or abducting and probing. Whats with the probing anyway? A bunch of intergalactic perverts that's what they are..

I think you are correct there, Slayer, they are perverting out DNA to lower the level of aggression. You can see it now if you know where to look.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If I were alive 200 years from now - before getting on said craft, I'd be sure to pack random items (books, tools, pottery etc) and scatter them in this new planet.

Some alien conspiracy theorist may start a forum of some sort to discuss the origins of life on their planet.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

so how would we go aout that? what process do you think we should use to establish that?

edit on 20-1-2014 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Land in the middle of the night with some boards and some rope and make a crop circle. Then fly off before anyone saw us.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I say fly on down and draw a couple criptic crop circles in their fields... then monitor their conspiracy sites and laugh our arse's off.

EDIT: NEVER MIND, sorry to the one above me, should have keep on reading ,my bad.
edit on 20-1-2014 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It depends on what Confederation orders are for that respective planet. I'm half joking and half serious. Only people who've read the Ra material will know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Conquer the planet. Enslave the race. Remove all natural resources.

Set up an outpost so that we can find more.

This is survival of the fittest.

We didn't get this far in evolution by playing nice in the sand box.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You better give that planet a wide birth. Do you say they are like US just less advanced? A bunch of stupid apes who haven't blown themselves up yet but if they knew of us would crap themselves then ban together to blow us up?

Well I do have a question about your hypothetical? Has our species moved past our ignorant ape stage yet because if we haven't then we keep them under surveillance along with the means to knock them back into the stone age if the frighten us.

If you are saying we have moved past that stage then I don't know, and there is no way any human could.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

edit on 20-1-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
We build a Starbucks there...

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think it would really depend on who's doing the exploring.

Should we ever achieve post-biological transhumanism, there will likely be quite a number of "humans" exploring the Universe solo.

Personally, If I came across a early technological civilization, I'd pop a greetings buoy their way and keep moving if they didn't look too interesting.
A greetings buoy would just be a satellite, that's reasonably easily detectable, that basically sends out a friendly greetings letting the civilization know they're not alone in the Universe, coupled with a data stream that shares cultural information without too much detail, with encouragement to work on space technologies, and assurance that FTL is indeed possible.

I wouldn't give them any spoilers.
I wouldn't advance them any math, physics, engineering, or anything.
I'd leave them with the the equivalent of every National Geographic special detailing Earth, our people, our biosphere, and all the wonderful interesting stuff, but, without any "security risk" details that could let on where we're actually located, or anything resembling very basic biology that could potentially help out a hostile species in learning how to kill us.

Yeah. I'd pop a buoy their way as friendly greetings and encouragement, let them know it's just a buoy and that no one is hanging around or planning on visiting them, and be on my merry way.

If they're interesting, I might stop in and live among them as one of them, or eye-ball and ear them from a safe distance, depending.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join