It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we discovered an alien planet...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

MMM, tasty exploitable resource is probably the first thing a "generic" human would think of.
No doubt they would think they know what is best for the planets inhabitants and interfere without taking complete responsibility for the situation. Like "oh crap these guys are going to destroy themselves lets get out of here" lol

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

well i hope we have evolved past our present state cos given some of the replies abov i fear for them. :\

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
We are not only explorers we are conquerors, just take a look through back history... that will tell you all you need to know about human nature...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I would say we watch learn and listen, and then make sure we respect the prime directive, of course!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

mikeone718
If I were alive 200 years from now - before getting on said craft, I'd be sure to pack random items (books, tools, pottery etc) and scatter them in this new planet.

Some alien conspiracy theorist may start a forum of some sort to discuss the origins of life on their planet.

that's one good way to start a new religion over there ha

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

taoistguy
Just imagine we are now 100 or 200 year in the future and travelling through space in a spaceship. we detect a planet with the level of late 20th century...what do we do? just ride in or halt an observe from a distance or ignore it an look for somthing more interesting?

We should observe the Prime Directive... but it'll probably end up more like the British in Tasmania.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

taoistguy
Just imagine we are now 100 or 200 year in the future and travelling through space in a spaceship. we detect a planet with the level of late 20th century...what do we do? just ride in or halt an observe from a distance or ignore it an look for somthing more interesting?

Most likely what would occur, would be humans classifying that other race as animals, probably under the auspice of religion (yeah, itll still be around, dont kid yourself anyone), and end in that species enslavement as an economic resource.

The planet would also slowly be stripped of resources with the forced labor of the indigenous population, and once an area is cleared, that part would be turned into a gimmicky tourist attraction, like an amusement park or something, or maybe the beach sides would be exclusive resorts for the super rich.

Once the indigenous people had served their purposes as slave labor and no longer indirectly benefited humanity, humans would make noise about their enslavement, and then they would "set free" upon barren and dilapidated places that would be called a euphemistic future version of "reservation", and then promptly forgotten about by all.

Tis the human way.
edit on 1/21/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
We should breed with them.

Unless they look like goats.

Then we should breed with them in private.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

taoistguy

Does it have Oil? If so Im sure they have WMD and need invading.
edit on 21-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-1-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think they should watch this promo video before they decide to go along with us...

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

We would enter their space with a smaller scouting craft. Moving by night using night vision to spy on them to see how they live and what they look like.

Maybe sneak up on some poor unsuspecting person out in the wilderness, stun him and take some samples from him to analyze. The victim would then wake up, feeling a strange loss of time, finding weird marks on the body.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
hilarious posts here, crew))

I would guess we will be detected way before getting into orbit of said planet. Best course would be an automatic outpost 9 AU away and move on to the next system. Let us later decide how to proceed))

volunteers can stay there dressed as locals to be picked up on the way back, unless we are on one way trip into deep space.
Replenish water and fuel supplies using shuttle of course, get couple of souvenirs and abduct some one for a spin around the planet, give them probing via various orifices as tradition suggests))

Plenty of options there, no?

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

base on our current perspective on the topic of et, i think we would investigate and research on the life and planet. Considering that we will be much superior to them, we will probably enforce our government upon them considering that they are still quite smart but on the other hand, we could repeat history and enslave them on the basis that they are lower than us(similar to african enslavement, no racism intended) but we wouldn't do it until we know every last thing about the planet and its people. We'll take over and turn it into an outpost to explore deeper into space. My prediction, we won't play nice

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
yea no just ignore it, pay your bills and live a normal life bro

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

ChefSlug
We should breed with them.

Unless they look like goats.

Then we should breed with them in private.

Can you stump train an alien?

No, I think if we discover aliens, it comes down to:

1) The potential for Rishathra.

2) Do they taste good with a nice tarragon sauce?

3) Can you exploit them as a work force?

4) Do they have useful biological properties?

5) Are they a potential threat we need to destroy?

6) Do they have technology or a technological capability we can exploit?

7) Do we need to subvert their government in order to use them against another alien race as a sock puppet?

That about covers it, I think.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Id say set down and have a beer with them. Aliens... Visited our planet today. Humans from earth..And they tried too get us stoned hahaha.. Honestly id try too party with the aliens.. I wanna see the look on an aliens face after i say a ride in a UFO was fun.. but wait until u secrete all over the place or whatever it is you do after i take you through the nurburg ring in a Nissan R34 500hp Z tune.. lol Show em how humans do it boy haha

I do not doubt "humor" or joy. Or the interest in a strange but friendly new being ... would be such a "unsought" concept in the universe by sentient life out there....
Out there somewhere.... Trillions of stars that we can see... JUST TEEEEEMING with poissibilities!
Where id rather be... Because i definatly do not feel like i belong on earth.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why does it always have too be a doomsday scinario with you guys...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Think about it... Slavery is probably really looked down apon in the universe. Any sophisticated sentient life form should be able too understand the concept that life and development is gift and obviously its there for a reason.. Something too be marveled.. Celebrated. Encouraged. Groomed.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

You have all seen star trek. You all know what the prime directive is. But in real life if we found people on another planet. If they had tech or if they were cavemen. You all know we would interact with them.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Bedlam
Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Then glass em, the whole damn thing, make a crystal shell out of the planet, than drain and de-radiate there water so we can take showers and flush our dumps down the toilet on our intergalactic cruise war lines, nothing more entertaining to the human race than watching wars up close, in the safety of your observation deck, for a nominal fee of course.

Beverages, food, concubines, marijuana and ammo for individual remote controlled high intensity laser turrets not included in observation deck purchase. Items sold separately.

For 25, 000 Bit Earth credits you can purchase The "Han Solo" Suite where everything is "all inclusive"

edit on 23-1-2014 by MConnalley because: class to glass

edit on 23-1-2014 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join