It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Picture?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Dianec
reply to post by TheDualityExperience

And there is something between the pen and pad. But what happens when we do apply it to consciousness? Would it truly be good to be able to observe everything?

That is why we exist. What do you think when you look around? I think the jury is still out on this one but while information is infinite in nature it will always be finite to us.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank everybody for an interesting and spirited discussion.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Maybe the "Big Picture" is realizing that we are nothing more then a little bubble of water inside a giant intelligent being's brain. The way that we must find our place inside that brain is by simply accepting what happens, and trying to follow the patterns and modes of being that the intelligent being deems ideal. Considering we have free will, human's will always have the option of choosing not to, although it's always been the hope that we will someday learn from our mistakes and choose to do the right thing and produce the best possible results for our little bubble. Or else, our little bubble might just pop.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Good read, I totally agree that we are on the precipice of discovering our place in the universe. Everything is starting to point toward consciousness it seems. Everything is made manifest through consciousness; all thoughts, ideas, forms, theories, emotions, discoveries, etc.

What if the originator of all these things is what we have been looking for all along? What if the truth has been with us this whole time, only we've been blinded to it by outside influences? Everything will be brought to the light in the end because everything manifests in the light. We all have that light and I have a feeling this will soon be realized. It won't be an easy road though because we still have those who want to keep us in the dark.

I know I'm a little late to the party, but S&F for putting all these dots together.
edit on 32012323CST323 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
I know I'm a little late to the party, but S&F for putting all these dots together.

Not as late as I am! :p

SLAYER69
Just wanted to thank everybody for an interesting and spirited discussion.

You're welcome!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The 'big picture' whatever it is, has always been there.
Some of us (i mean the human population) seem to have realized it.
But at the same time there are those that do not want to see it.
And there are those others who want you to believe that you can't believe.
It's a funny merry-go-around, but unless an event, like a mass extinction event, but for the mind to quell our 'ununderstanding' (i don't use misunderstanding cos it's something we don't really know as opposed to knowing it incorrectly), like a massive UV radiation across the planet at once, we will never realize the truth.
Cos we are all hunting for the same thing in different avenues, without co-operation, and at times against each other.

'Ask & you shall receive' they said.
we probably are all asking for the wrong things, even about the basic fundamental nature of existence

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Seriously? I guess thats normal that humans wish to be something more in the "big picture" because they supposedly are evolved and self conscious (although animals are too, in different ways) so they should deserve that much (really? does this really make sense to you???) but im getting tired of this sweet ballad. Humans cant even find any satisfaction in the modern age in which they got all they need to survive, they still cling to religion beliefs for F sake! And you expect them to accept or even "bear" whats outside earth? When they cant even stand skin color differences? Or the same species different cultures? Even real freedom is out of reach for most because it is a BIG responsibility much more than one can imagine. I would laugh to watch what would happen to one normal folk whom would receive the knowing of all, he would go instant mad... But at least you admit the possibilty that there is nothing more to these discoveries but mere coincidences. But hell... i dont think i can wait 'till the eclipse.

If you seek these answers that much you really shouldnt expect science to give the good answers, they cant. Not about the afterlife, and not about whats beyond the physical world, and certainly not about the big picture.Why? Because the Laws, the compositions, understandings, the "mechanics" are totally different. It is alien in every possible way and even much more. So much that even knowing everything in physics and science in this world wouldnt mean squat in the others worlds. One understanding, one world. Can you explain a sentence in english when you only speak Alienese (admitting you cant read thoughts..)? NO.

The occult can explain it though. Find an adept if you can, a real one not the modern fakery of new age and you will get some answers, not all but much more than science can ever find. Be mentally prepared though. "Truth is stranger than fiction" doesnt quite honor the reality of the multi worlds, selective reincarnation, otherworldy existences, and above all, the origins. Thinking out of the box really need more than simple efforts, it requires sacrifices.
edit on 22-1-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by _damon

You'll admit that we humans [Including yourself?] are fumbling around in the dark.
Yet, supposedly some know more and possibly are aware and others are not?

So, who decides which reality is valid and which is not?

You?

How does one begin to decipher the differences unless we use the tools available to us?

I always question the motives of others when they speak with the affirmation of their own views beliefs and stance while portraying themselves as supposedly being more knowledgeable than others. Meanwhile, the whole premise of this thread was to ask for others points of view. Questions have been and will continue to be asked.

I appreciate your participation and contributing your opinion.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What if this world is the begin stages of some sort of heaven place, a Shambala for example, and in this world you are given the options of death and life. Now, by choosing life you begin to establish a faith, a trust in yourself and some sort of godhead entity. Now as you TRULY establish this faith form unstanding you manifest into your paradigm, self universe a universe of understanding where the rest of the world is no longer seperate from yourself but one unique spirit consciousness thats neither individual nor seperate.

Starting to realize more and more that the people will simply inherit a better school/system and place to grow their skills into healing, learning, counseling, communications, invention, creativity. That if anything, the 83 wealthiest people are the problem. This world reflects who they are. To me, starting to see the people as volunteers overall, with various reasons for some being here, Sleeper has put out many views on this, ranging from holding place for some derelicts who need to reform, to some coming in to show kindness and possibly fine tuning skills. Whatever we view on this, I'm starting to see it as a holding tank for some extremely negative, and powerful people running the earth, and if anything its like a giant sting operation or psych ward for the royal families and those with ties to the ETs of old, some of whom are them, and we're all here suffering alot, growing a bit, helping where we can, but with the purpose of showing them they are in error, that they are really distorted in their views.

It doesnt matter about how the plasma screen is laid out, its all illusion. Its like a dvd, or simulated reality.

I like the work of David Bohm on this, and what he discovered peering into atoms. It explains the web, dark matter, ether and quantum entanglement.

But aside from working with your family, overcoming issues here, if one can. (many can't, they can't even begin to develop a skill, teach, create art, music, healing, or any skill, they're just fodder in third world countries or struggling to survive in the wealthier ones. Some are just waiting basically to be able to grow and shine. So consciousness and what we view, grows everyone, it grows the dough higher. But I keep being told over and over that humans clean up easy, even those in some very hard places, unburden it quickly with such happiness when they realize that anyone would be stuck in those situations, and that even failing at something, or being entrapped in conditions they had no power over, but the 83 who arranged this planet did, such as economics, living conditions, education, health conditions, etc, that they still learnt the hard way data that would ensure they wouldn't easily fall into places like this. I was told humans clean up easily.

But the leaders and corrupt elites here are far more stubborn and they need the power of our love and healing sent to them.

I hope very much that humanity will progress and expand forward, as a group. Not sure the school works like that, or what this is, but there is an energy from the galactic center being sent out like clockwork. And believe that it must be related to some cycles. Just don't intend to see negative outcomes, for everytime a CME has hit, its been a wonderful experience for me.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So in the short, don't believe we're working our way up, but from higher positions, we explore and grow our lights bigger, like infinite fractals, that spring forth from parental infinite fractals, they in turn doing the same, and so we have a home, but are perfecting ourselves. So we go in. This is more like a series of learning, or remedial DVDs simulated reality situations, and some souls have been stuck for a very long time, having spiralled downwards, even imprisoned here for a time, such as the ruling families and their contacts, and in a sense I feel we're here to push at learning problem solving or communication skills, and to heal them.

I'd like to add something here. In a sense our consciousness under the veil of forgetfulness is but a layer of ourselves, and kept in a box, so its certainly a test. I've had that layer melt or blend, more of myself flood in, but with rules, for example knew I was being protected from exploring certain areas, while awake and conscious, but shown that I do things at night.

So as we perfect we do open the floodgates and join up with more of ourselves, or as a fractal, mirror ourselves, ie becoming.

But if you were to picture a scenario like this: No Time, everything is all at once, and you exist as an infinite part of infinity. How do you grow? How do you grow your consciousness? You are aware of the reality around you, so that to add to your infinite whole, it might be necessary to enter into a place without memories....and from that view point, work out a new frequency and skill base, even core identity, ie especially true if say, you were lost in a controlling or pain base belief system, and you wished to grow more love. How do you change your polarity? By sending out parts of yourself who forgets and is a Loving New Babe in the woods, able to work on gentle/peace/healing/communication/helping/nudging, and then you take that new direction back to yourself when you cross over. You Grow!
edit on 22-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry for the third post, but want to add, that all of this to me is like extra's, our growth, working on fine details, or if life was really traumatic, after a healing takes place on the other side, sifting through the painful mess certainly teaches one what they don't want, and wouldn't wish to put others through....it still grows consciousness.

But I truly feel the short and quick answer to the big picture is we're here to heal the stubborn inmates, the ruling families. They need a lot of love. Its very hard to send prayers, understanding/compassion to those actively murdering and enslaving people and all of earth/nature. My imagination can picture details of what they do ritually on every level. Predators! But then I sensed sorrow when I look at some of the royal photos, a deep underlying sorrow in the queen's eyes. Tired and Sad! And so go back, all the way back, to a child born into a wealthy family, to the childhood of some of the big name players, and from the viewpoint of healing the inner light/consciousness/love of the child within each, find the light and ask for it to grow.

But we enter in to help others get out and lift them up, sometimes by them realizing their goals and feeling the weight of the error. Our own growth to me, is an extra really. It's there but we shouldn't focus on ourselves so much. Whether in the trenches or in safer places, whether winning or losing the daily battle, just keep on getting up, dusting off and riding the bike, because we're here for others really.

whatever you do, take some time out and give yourself a big hug and dose of understanding. Your beautiful, just the way you are, wonderful light filled beings, who aren't aware always of just how loved you are. Be you, and try to understand every error you encounter with love.
edit on 22-1-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes humans want to know. With the expectation that they will love what they discover. Reality is never what you expect, especially outside the universe. Altough "outside" is really not the appropriate word.

Most have already their own idea (individuals or groups (cults, need i say more?)) of what is, or rather should be the reality outside the flesh and other worlds. They want to know, seek, discuss, fight, want. Why do humans want to know? Animals seem quite content with what they have (even though something is #ing up their existence for some time now..). An ecosystem that give them freedom and chances of survival. Why dont they seek "higher" answers? Maybe not enough freetime like most bored humans nowadays? *There maybe boredom forces humans to seek a higher reality wouldnt that be ironic?* Back to the animals, are they unable to grasp higher realities because of limitations? I dont think so, they just dont need it or maybe its a feeling that they dont need to know? But humans never know where or when to stop do they? See the state of the world right now.

Still there is something more outside, no doubt about it. And humans, at least some, want to know. Most are quite content with their materialistic world though as you see daily. Some already know i dont doubt that at all. Do you doubt? I call it arrogance someone who tell that nobody in the world know more than him. Or are you doubting because you think that if someone knew, he would come forward and share his wisdom? Why would he? Life no, rather existence is mainly individualistic. But most people already believe it is not. They are already on the wrong path but there is nothing wrong with that. It is a viable route as long as they are content with the world they live in. But in case they seek higher truth, it is a dead end and those that know at various degrees are plainly aware of that fact. Why waste your time when you know it is something you can only acquire by yourself or in rare cases in groups of same minded individuals? But there is more, once you begin to discover the wonders/madness, and admitting you still want to go by that path, your ancient world almost become obsolete. It is like suddenly learning a new sense that surpass the 6 others combined. You perceive better and see what most cant. No point trying to explain that to others as it is impossible with words. You become detached from the rest. At that point you think beyond common belief no messiah like bull#. You just "move on". Survival of the fittest?

Who decide which reality is valid or not? Certainly not the brainwashed, conditionned, materialism slave and narrow-minded common folks right? And that means many. But who knows better? Those who experienced it for a start. Without the limitations of expectations, hope, preconceived ideas (love is one of them) and of course, everything you thought you knew before. Easy? Most will give up before even trying judging it ridiculous and thus dooming themselves to never find any valid answers. It is not the tools that matter it is what to do with them. Do you use a screwdriver to cut a tree?

Everyone got the tools needed but most destroy or forget them fast, thanks to the neverending bull# repeated generations after generations until it becomes a undeniable truth, a cursed legacy, when at first it was only mere ideas. Those that know "more" found out how to use them properly. And they saw that The cake is a lie..
edit on 22-1-2014 by _damon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thanks slayer69 - this is the stuff I love and it's why I keep coming back.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I definately like this fourm more than GLP's lol. ive been reading for an hour non stop now.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

onequestion
The quandaries of our connection to the universe and what consciousness is, is enough to break the mind.

It seems to me that our mind is a non dimensional entity that can manifest itself into external worlds that it creates through thought paradigms and vibrations.

Its a bit paradoxical because it seems like there are 2 extreme and distinct worlds that exist, on one hand we have an obviously true physical world that we are able to manipulate creative through process and engineering. Then on the other hand there is an obvious other world of experience in which our "mind" or observer rests that is external or non physically dimensional and explainable, as of yet. Then there is the connection between the two!

How does the thought paradigm non dimensional experience world of the self or observer manifest itself into a world of dimensional and mathematics?

How do we go from nothing, non existent void vacuum, nothingness or non being to being connection material mass?

What is it that enables this?

The forces of nature and consciousness are not as easily defined as the scientist may think. The forces at work here are far outside of the realm of human speculation.

Place your trust in God whatever it is and know that there is more to existence then what we can even begin to fathom.

Your thought and questioning patterns seems very similar to my own,
I agree 100% with all you've written here and also often find myself thinking about the origins and of our so called existence.

In another later post you wrote
"What's matter's enabling factor? "

For me a possible logical answer that I have not only found by reasoning but also by a direct experience I once had, which in my mind solidified my beliefs is that the universe is basically the imagination of where ever our consciousness originates from.

Its akin to if you had a mind but no body your universe would be all in your mind, the universal is an internal system, not an external one of perhaps a mind/consciousnesses we cant really understand.

It's also worthwhile to note that the being that we are in the system it means that it's quite possible we will never understand whats going on as we are inside of closed system almost like a computer program trying to understand our 'outside the PC" reality.

edit on 23-1-2014 by MouldyCrumpet because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2014 by MouldyCrumpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

For starters, F&S for the OP!

I definitely believe that we, (the human race) are on the cusp of confirming an entirely new understanding of our place, both here on earth and in the universe at large and IMO, it will be the true understanding of consciousness that provides the key to that new awareness.

I think someone recently posted a thread about a very enlightening short story entitled "The Egg." It was authored by Andy Weir and it tells a story in which the truth about "oneness" is the key message being delivered to the reader. Definitely food for thought.

For those who haven't read it;

The Egg
By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.
It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.
And that’s when you met me.
“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”
“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.
“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”
“Yup,” I said.
“I… I died?”
“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.
You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”
“More or less,” I said.
“Are you god?” You asked.
“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”
“My kids… my wife,” you said.
“What about them?”
“Will they be all right?”
“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”
You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.
“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”
“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”
“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”
“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”
“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”
You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”
“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”
“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”
“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”
I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.
“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”
“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”
“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”
“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”
“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”
“Where you come from?” You said.
“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”
“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”
“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”
“So what’s the point of it all?”
“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”
“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.
I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”
“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”
“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”
“Just me? What about everyone else?”
“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”
You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”
“All you. Different incarnations of you.”
“Wait. I’m everyone!?”
“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.
“I’m every human being who ever lived?”
“Or who will ever live, yes.”
“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”
“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.
“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.
“And you’re the millions he killed.”
“I’m Jesus?”
“And you’re everyone who followed him.”
You fell silent.
“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”
You thought for a long time.
“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”
“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”
“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”
“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”
“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”
“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”
And I sent you on your way.

Now, whether or not the human race will universally accept this truth is another question entirely. I've often wondered just what is the threshold for reaching critical mass with respect to consciousness understanding and when that threshold is reached, will it be all-encompassing?

I've seen videos of physics claiming that as this new awareness is realized in mass, those who are fearful of change will not accept this truth resulting in a kind of two earths. One where people live with a true understanding and awareness that they are "one" and another where the fearful are stuck in a world driven by ego.

I think the Hopi indians also spoke of a time when their people went through a similar metamorphosis in their understanding of the oneness of life when they spoke of living underground for generations, until the people of one heart returned to the surface after parting ways with the people of two hearts.

Anyway, great thread Slayer! I only hope that we can find a way to break through the barrier of fear that in many cases, perpetuates the misconceptions associated with personal ego.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

onequestion
I'm still interested in reading someones theory on what authority in the cosmos is acting as an enabler in the universe for things to be working together?

I think that's because cosmos used to be one in the beginning as science models today imply. Said that, now that the cosmos expending since time zero, being apart all things in it still remain connected, still being part of that ONE.

May be one day it all will come back together as the universe exhales with lower state and conciseness being as exhaust of it all. ))) LOL.. Sounds like word salad as I re read my post))) LOL anyway, there we go.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join