It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father and daughter upset by a classroom poster that listed sex acts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Gotta be 17 to get into theaters to see movies like Saw. Middle schoolers (kids as young as 9) should not be exposed to such things, especially in a school setting.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

JayinAR
The message here is, "Girls, it may be uncomfortable at first, but anal is a sure fire way to have sex and not get pregnant."
Make no mistake about it. This poster is about ways to have sex without the risk of pregnancy. The fact that a school has such stuff on a poster in front of 13 year old kids is ridiculous.

Wrong! Vaginal Intercourse is on that poster. Last time I checked that was a surefire way to get pregnant.

The poster is inappropriate and I am pro sex education. Sex education needs to focus on preventing pregnancy and STD's and dispelling the myths.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Sex education and children, if ever there was a topic that brought about more of the hypocrisy in the USA it is those 2 topics. Here is the problem in a nut shell.

Children will explore, and will do such in all manner of topics and items. The issue here is how to teach children about sex. Parents are not doing such, as the statistics show through teenage pregnancies, and the rates of STD’s among children. Parents turn around and look at the department of education and say teach our children, and the department of education sets forth a standard that parents object to. See the viscous cycle building up here.

The solution is one of 2 possible means, the first is for the parents to sit down with their children and talk to them about sex, and what all goes into it, along with the responsibility for their actions. The other is if the parents do not want to do such, leave it to the schools to do such, but at the same time, as harsh as this may be, perhaps being graphic may be the way to go, if they want to promote waiting until marriage, but putting the fear of the possibilities into the childs mind and showing actual pictures of what the disease is and how it looks on the human body.

But it means also being honest with the children, and not telling them things that are not true either.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Seems to me that if most of society would look to "Holy Books" as you call them, we wouldn't have most of the issues we are experiencing today. Keep in mind, you brought religion into this just then, I never mentioned it at all. Don't have to, this is pretty cut and dry to most everyone but you. Even on here I really thought I'd see more who think ultra liberal like you agreeing with the school but I'm proud of a lot of folks on here on this one.
Excuse me, but when your avatar reads "Christian Voice - Defender of the Word of God"...I've got a hunch about where you're coming from.

You state: " if most of society would look to "Holy Books" as you call them, we wouldn't have most of the issues we are experiencing today". Two thoughts...first off, a lot of Gays being murdered and abused out there in the name of somebody's scriptures.

Secondly, it's fairly apparent that, ever increasingly, folks aren't looking to religion to set their moral compass. You can tut-tut that particular circumstance, or you can deal with that reality. You can't beat the horniness out of a teenager....even if the Good Book says you can - mind you, I've seen nothing in the Scriptures that tells you how to pay for the years of therapy THAT will bring on...but I digress...

I already said that I don't like the sexualisation of society at ever younger ages, but cloaking a child in ignorance is not the answer. Do you wonder why kids' eyes glaze over when they get the birds and the bees lecture? It's because they're way ahead of you, and lessons about physiology do not answer their questions...questions that they are way too embarrassed to ask Mum and Pop. I feel that a curriculum that acknowledges societal pressures is a lot more useful than an anatomy lesson.

What do I consider useful? Less teenage pregnancies, less disease, less bullying, less psychological drama, less confusion and guilt. Sorry...this is the world we live in. We can strive for perfection but let's not lose sight of reality.

May I introduce an edit to add that I think it is important that parents are part of any such curriculum, and that the schools should ensure they are. That's when personal and family morals and ethics can best be applied, once the conversation has commenced.
edit on 20-1-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Ya cause when I think sharing my feelings....i think ..anal sex haha...the poster seems so off to me

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I have no problem with this. I've never been able to comprehend why sex is so evil and we are so hung up about it in this country. Can't watch five minutes of television without someone trying to sell me something using sex yet a little chart or whatever has everyone in a tizzy. Whatever.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I have an ex that obviously never read that list....

I think a discussion in a sex Ed class is healthy, Sex is not a dirty thing to be hidden. Safe sex ed is important, sticking a poster up on sex acts maybe doesn't need to happen, to be honest I'm surprised there aren't graffitied willys on there, most kids would get a laugh from the poster. So I'd say a educational talk is ok.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm tired of the hypersexualization of society. I'm tired of hearing about children and sex. School is not the place to learn about sex. Parents should be educating their kids when it is appropriate.

This poster sounds tasteless, like most things in modern society.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Right, because holding hands, hugging or simply talking is an expression of a teenager's desire to have anal bondage sex. This isn't teaching material, it's an attempt to sexualize children by exposing them to this kind of thing. Public school is dangerous and many of the people involved with the public school system shouldn't be anywhere near children.

Another thing... Why was "talking" listed twice? How did people not see that before deciding to produce it and post it up?

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

trollz
reply to post by 727Sky

Right, because holding hands, hugging or simply talking is an expression of a teenager's desire to have anal bondage sex. This isn't teaching material, it's an attempt to sexualize children by exposing them to this kind of thing.
Again...I disagree in that the exposure is already there...and how did bondage get into the discussion? Projection? Either way, I think it's an attempt to make sense of what is already on their radar. Courtesy of the interwebz, etc. It's not nice, but it's the world we live in. Kids entering their sexual formative years oughta have a clue. Ignorance and denial only makes the grown-ups feel better.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm a bit sickened by that but unfortunately, am one of those people whose daughter knew more about sex at 13 than I did at 40. I thought I was fairly sophisticated but no one was handing me invitations to the Black and Blue Ball when I was hangin' at the mall.

Don't think a stand-alone list on a poster is the way to educate kids though.

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
i think there should be a safely place to teach it. But, openly a poster in classroom topics on sexual acts.i don't support that.
This is an important topics.Yes. Kids have to right to know about sexual activities but in specific age.
edit on 21-1-2014 by ahqaf because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join