It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father and daughter upset by a classroom poster that listed sex acts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

The last thing on my mind at thirteen was sex.

Were you a teenage boy or girl?

Cause I dunno were you were from but in my school as boys were thinking of either sex or PS2's lol

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
[snip]
edit on 20-1-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This seems a bit extreme to me..... but lets generalize all public schools.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is not the school's place to "teach" such things to children. Those are private things that should be left to the parents to discuss with their children. It is truly time for parents to take back our school systems from the idiotic immoral government. Common Core is a joke and this situation is an outrage.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Girl,

I have my own opinion about all this, but I don't think I will go there.lol

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I can honestly tell you that when I was 13 I was playing with He-Man figures and Transformers and cracking fart jokes and just being a kid. Sex was the farthest thing from my mind. I am a man and I would say if you were that sex hungry at 13 then you had entirely too much exposure to such things. Children need to be children while they can. Shoving this garbage onto them just encourages deviant behavior.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The message here is, "Girls, it may be uncomfortable at first, but anal is a sure fire way to have sex and not get pregnant."
Make no mistake about it. This poster is about ways to have sex without the risk of pregnancy. The fact that a school has such stuff on a poster in front of 13 year old kids is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

We had a school board meeting a while back and us parents were highly pissed because of information being handed out to our children that had links to websites owned by planned parenthood that said homosexuality and anal sex were safe alternatives to teenage pregnancy and gave safe anal sex practices. Needless to say it is no longer being handed out.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

So they're teaching Kama Sutra to 13 year olds? Jesus H. Christ. Talk about adding fuel to the fire.

Also, depending on who you talk to, anal sex is a fetish. Might as well slap some S&M and choking alternatives up on that poster too. What do they call it, "breath control"? Lessons in Brutality. Let's cover all the bases here. Don't want to leave anyone out.
edit on 1/20/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

tothetenthpower
God forbid parents have to talk to their children about what the internet has already taught them.

God forbid we use our public education system to properly educate our kids about sex and what it entails.

For shame.

American's outrage at teaching sex to children, while being 100% ok with selling sex to children is so ironic I can't even properly finish this sentence.

~Tenth

Agreeing here. How outrageous that a SCHOOL actually TEACH information about sex to sexually maturing teens. Blasphemy! I feel so sorry for the parents now having to acknowledge the existance of the *peepee* they've been brainwashed to think is a dirty evil thing to be hushed up and ignored at all costs.

"I like you." Lol! I'm sure that one is everbody's favorite.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

JayinAR
The message here is, "Girls, it may be uncomfortable at first, but anal is a sure fire way to have sex and not get pregnant."
Make no mistake about it. This poster is about ways to have sex without the risk of pregnancy. The fact that a school has such stuff on a poster in front of 13 year old kids is ridiculous.

Oh my I didn't think of that.

I was thinking how embarrassed I would have been and how uncomfortable a poster like this would have made me, back in the day they used to separate the girls from the boys for certain subjects.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

ignorant_ape

what if " learning this stuff on their own " has resulted in the current teen pregnancy stats

Regardless if they learn it on their own or not, the school has no business getting involved in it. Especially if this is the way they're going to teach it. No thanks.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
As the OP's source states, the program originates from the Department of HHS - who proudly brought us Obamacare.

Another fail!

Government needs to stay out of the business of families.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Lucky they didn't do this at my daughters school or they would have locked me up!

"Honest officer I was only Expressing my Sexual Feelings towards my daughters teacher when my boot got stuck up his arise!"

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Christian Voice
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It is not the school's place to "teach" such things to children. Those are private things that should be left to the parents to discuss with their children. It is truly time for parents to take back our school systems from the idiotic immoral government. Common Core is a joke and this situation is an outrage.

I would venture to suggest that if all parents taught their kids a realistic view of the birds and the bees, there would be a lot less STD's and teen-age pregnancies around. Unfortunately, they are not, and it is up to society deal with the results. 13 is when kids start to turn into adults, and it's time for them to know what's going on in the real world. And to those who say this is about 'positions' and invoking the Kama Sutra...for cryin' out loud, it is about different forms of sexual expression and the consequences and risks of same. There's a little wee bit of a difference. In fact, the very nature of such a remark screams that some parents are not doing their jobs in educating their kids, cuz they don't get it themselves!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

OH?

I did my job as a parent and in this day and age I think most do.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

A middle school student has no need to even know about such things and it is most certainly not for the school to teach it. A parent teaching a 13 year old about sex, the function of it and result of it and purpose for it is one thing, it is something altogether different for a teacher at school to teach about anal sex (which should not be taught period) and oral sex and masturbation.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Christian Voice

A middle school student has no need to even know about such things and it is most certainly not for the school to teach it. A parent teaching a 13 year old about sex, the function of it and result of it and purpose for it is one thing, it is something altogether different for a teacher at school to teach about anal sex (which should not be taught period) and oral sex and masturbation.

The fact that you seem to miss is that media and the internet are presenting a whole new sexuality to kids on a plate...far beyond what us old folks were exposed to. Do I like it? No! Do I want kids to be prepared to deal with expressions of sexuality as they emerge among their peers? Yup! As frustrating as it must be to you, much of society does not revert to Holy books as a how-to for life, seeing as how thing have changed a mite since the Bronze Age. While the scriptures are great at slathering on guilt, touting abstinence for those budding young hormones has proven to be quite useless. I'd rather a kid be told "Yes, anal sex does not result in pregnancy but is DOES put you at risk from STDs" than the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. I'd rather that a kid be told that their Gay impulses will NOT send them straight to hell, and that masturbation will NOT make Jesus cry, or your winkie fall off...just don't scare the horses.

It's all well and good to get up on a moral podium, but if you look at the failings of our moral leadership... ie clergy and politicians of all stripes,...even grown-ups have a tough time keeping it straight. Let's give the kids what they need to get through the difficult years. And please, let's not confuse education with encouragement...that's just stoopid!

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Seems to me that if most of society would look to "Holy Books" as you call them, we wouldn't have most of the issues we are experiencing today. Keep in mind, you brought religion into this just then, I never mentioned it at all. Don't have to, this is pretty cut and dry to most everyone but you. Even on here I really thought I'd see more who think ultra liberal like you agreeing with the school but I'm proud of a lot of folks on here on this one.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Wait..
It's a list.. of words..

The horror!

When I first read the title I thought it was an illustrated poster.

There's always a prude looking for nonsense to get uppity about. What's funny is that same 13 year old daughter is going to run to the movie theater as soon as the latest Saw film is released..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join