It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Walk in the Woods!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I am feeling a step away from serious matters on ATS and have a quick break. I thought a walk in the woods would be a lovely way to unwind, and perhaps get to know some of the villagers in the ATS community!

As you have probably guessed, this is a theoretical walk in the woods and the woods, well they are your woods and I want to take a walk in your made up forest to see what kind of person you are.

Now I want to know what your forest is like and what is in it so I want you to read my questions and visualise what you would see.

Okay!

So I first of all want you to picture yourself walking into the woods,
Is it dark or light?
Are the trees closely packed together or is there plenty of space to move?

You come across an animal,
What animal is it?
What is it doing?
How do you approach it or not approach it?

You find a key,
What is it made of?
What condition is it in?

You find your dream house which you discover in a clearing,
What does this house look like?
Does it have a fence?

You realise the key is for the house, you enter the house and go into the dinning room,
What is on the table?
What is around the table?

You exit your house through a back door and you come across a cup,
What does it look like?
What do you do with it?

You walk out of the clearing and come across a body of water,
How deep is it?
Is it moving?
How do you get across?

Ah! Well wasn't that a lovely stroll? As you probably guessed the woods were a lie and we just took a trundle through your subconscious!

If you saw your forest as closed and dark, it shows a lot about your current happiness. The closed spaces is a feeling that your trapped or that everything is surrounding you and looking menacing, whereas an open one is a lot more care free. The light is how happy you are, a dark dingy wood means you might be quite depressed, whereas a light one is a happy one.

The animal symbolises your problems, if you saw a chipmunk who wanted to be your friend, you are at peace with your issues. If you saw a big grizzly bear that tried to attack you, you are worried about your problems, also if you fought the bear off you are ready to deal with your problems, if you ran away you are definitely not.

This key is a representation of your ego, if you had a shabby looking key, you do not care for your ego, a golden shiny one, possibly quite vain, a big heavy one, you probably base it on strength.

The size of your house is meant to represent the size of your ambition to achieve your goals, a giant house with lots in it is a lot of ambition. A cosy little wood hut means you are probably quite happy with the smaller things in life. The idea of the dinner table is that if you don't see food, people or flowers, you are probably not very happy.

The cup is your look towards wealth, if you saw a golden chalice then you desire wealth. If you saw a broken coffee mug then you do not care for wealth above other things. Also what you did with the cup is whether you think you need a reward or if your a resourceful kind of person.

The pool of water is your attitude towards sex, a shallow water means you are easily satisfied, a deep one means you need deeper more meaningful sex to be fulfilled. The movement of the water is how you prefer sex, a fast moving surface means you like a lot of passion, slow moving means you prefer to 'make love' and a still water is little to no passion. The way you cross the water is your attitude to sex, if you walk around then you would rather avoid having to approach and it would rather it landed in your lap, getting a boat across means you will go for it, but cautiously and those of you who jumped in and swam across are probably quite bold in approaching sex.

Now I appreciate that this is not 100% accurate, and it may not be right for everyone. All I ask is that you do not ruin this lovely walk with negative comments, this is just a bit of fun.

Mettā ~

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

What a welcome respite for a thread! It can get all too serious some days and this was just what my spirit needed. I answered these in my head as I went along, so for funsies will post my replies:

~Strolling along in my woods, it is both dark and light, but never so dark as the light is completely obscured. The trees are denser, but there is a well-worn path, yet plenty of room for two to walk side by side.

~The first animal I see is a rabbit, grabbing a bite to eat. I choose not to approach so as not to scare it, but admire its beauty from where I stand.

~The key I found is made of silver and is rather clean for being lost in the woods.

~The house is small and has personal touches showing it is clearly loved as a home. It has a fence, but with an opening where a gate might have been. All are welcomed here.

~On the table is a vase of peonies from my garden, around the table are 4 chairs.

~The cup is silver and has beautiful etchings. I keep it to use in my home.

~I come across a river, that is not very deep although it is moving swiftly. I find the waters come nearly to my waist and I am able to wade across easily.

Thank you for posting the interpretations below ~ I found that they were quite accurate in my case! It was a lovely stroll indeed, much appreciation for the invitation.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonBlossom

Thanks for joining me MoonBlossom, I thought this was going to be a lonely walk!

Here are my results, so you can get to know me better.

My forest is quite crowded, but easy to move through, it is a dingy light but very easy to see, in fact the dull yellowy glow is quite a nice level of light.

The animal I come across, is either a small bear or a wolf, it snarls at me so I back off and leave it be.

The key I find is old, a bit damaged and rusty but beautifully rustic, with an intricate design in the key loop. I instantly love it.

The house I discover is a log cabin, not a small one though, big enough to have luxuries in it. I think the main reason it is big though is to allow people to come and stay, since there is no fence for my property and my dinning table is full of food, so that everyone can eat well.

The cup I found it quite battered, tin cup, looked historical, I kept it for keepsakes.

The body of water was quite shallow, up to my knees, with calm but fast waves. I actually chose to walk around this pool, which surprised me, since I thought I would be the kind to jump in but the other way does make a lot more sense.

Thank you for coming for a wander through my subconscious

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I thought you were talking about a "Walk in the Woods" by Bill Bryson. About a middle aged man tackling the AT.

One of the funniest things you will ever read. Had tears down my face at points.

www.audible.com... id=s1z9coEyT_dc&pkw=PLA&pmt=broad&pcrid=36223458129

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hello,
I'l play before going to bed.

So I first of all want you to picture yourself walking into the woods,
Is it dark or light?
-Very sunny and warm, lots of white light.

You come across an animal,
What animal is it?
What is it doing?
How do you approach it or not approach it?
-A Silver wolf, seems to know me, so I'm not worried, he can tag along, seems friendly enough.

You find a key,
What is it made of?
What condition is it in?
-I do see a key, but it's kind of floating in mid-air, so yes, very clean, and sightly transparent-white.

You find your dream house which you discover in a clearing,
What does this house look like?
Does it have a fence?
-No need for fence, the house is white, small, little red roof, big windows, and lots of little forest animals are frolicking around, waiting for me.

You realise the key is for the house, you enter the house and go into the dinning room,
What is on the table?
What is around the table?
-A big, brown book with leather cover, around the table I see bowls of fresh fruit and little white orbs, interestingly enough.

You exit your house through a back door and you come across a cup,
What does it look like?
What do you do with it?
-The cup is white, and also small, looks kind of dusty, but still after a wash good to use,I drink water from the well back door.

You walk out of the clearing and come across a body of water,
How deep is it?
Is it moving?
How do you get across?
-A very big lake, and it's not dark, but medium blue, and it's very calm. But underneath I can see many fish moving around in it.
I jump in the boat, and sail across.

Thank you for the lovely walk iRoyalty

edit on 23/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The forest is extremely dense. Like the black forest in Germany, Every tree is old growth .Barely enough room to sqeeze thru.
The key is old Brass type skeleton key , tarnished and forgotton.. I wander around the lake, full of thorny branches along the shoreline,not really knowing how deep the water is at any given point.

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

Thank you for letting us visit your little corner of the woods
it was a lovely and rather mystical journey!

posted on Jan, 24 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

overanocean
The forest is extremely dense. Like the black forest in Germany, Every tree is old growth .Barely enough room to sqeeze thru.
The key is old Brass type skeleton key , tarnished and forgotton.. I wander around the lake, full of thorny branches along the shoreline,not really knowing how deep the water is at any given point.

Dark stuff my friend, this was a rather scary walk, I think you should try some meditation, remember this is your bit of forest and you are in control.

top topics

join