It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What determines the HOAX bin for the owners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've seen many threads over the years get trashed to the bin for being a hoax without much explanation. Most of those are UFO threads but what about channeling threads? There must be some kind of criteria the owners use to help with their decision. Understandably, obvious hoaxes based on science, photographic analysis, etc., but anyone can claim to be channeler and it's their word against the ATS owners. Skeptic Overlord? How would you go about it? I guess it would be a slippery slope to lump channelers into the hoax category because it would open a can of worms regarding the Religious category too. Right? So then we have to allow it I suppose.

For example...this guy....um girl...um...idk, you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If you can inconclusively say it's the slender-man 3d model's fault, you can put it in the hoax bin without further questioning. Slender man is the new swamp gas.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
brilliant

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Not much I can add here, but it will be interesting to see what replies you get.

Especially the Bashar faithful.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If it's a heap of rubbish it goes into the HOAX bin. And in retrospect if it's very close to the truth then it also goes into the HOAX Bin.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

yeah the thing is, since this site is most likely ran by the government or at least has a couple moles within the organization, what ever goes to the hoax bin is put there because of a certain protocol, but also because there are legitimate hoaxes out there(oxymoron, i know) that's the beauty of the hoax bin, if you throw truth into a pile of garbage the truth looks soiled and tainted, deeming it unwanted and unneeded.
edit on Sat20142014-01-18T16:46:03-06:00th2014-01-18T16:46:03-06:00uSat, 18 Jan 2014 16:46:03 -0600Saturday20142014-01-18T16:46:03-06:00 by DocScurlock because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Threads get tossed in the hoax bin because it can be verified as being false or originated by known hoaxers.

This isn't going to turn out to be another "ATS is suppressing the truth" thread is it?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Not at all!

I think all these bashar threads should be junked in the trash but it's not up to me. That's why I ask what criteria they use.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

My comment was not directed towards your OP. I believe you have a point and it will be interesting to see what others say.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Gotchya. Thanks. Sometimes things can get lost in translation.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So what about it? SO, Springer, anyone in the office today?
Remember the reptilian threads yesteryear? At least this stuff belongs in skunk works no? What say you guys?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Part of the criteria for hoax binning is also:
Any thread that uses 'before its mews' or 'sorcha fail' as a source is automatically hoax binned.

Kinda like Godwins law for ATS.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

That is among the biggest piles of B.S. I've read in at least 24 hours, that's saying something considering how much time I spend online.

Seriously get a clue.

@Flysolo, if you know of a thread that has been sourced to "Bashaar" (or whatever his/her name is) PLEASE make the staff aware of it so it can go where it belongs... (that'd be the HOAX BIN), thank you in advance...
edit on 1-18-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

(post by DocScurlock removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

I wouldn't know where to begin. Just have a look here at all the nonsense. It's been proven he's a hoaxer in my opinion. And not just because I've had a vested interest talking sense, the writing is on the wall. Trademarks, lying about EEG recordings and on.

Your call.

top topics

join