It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

office slander, rumors, seriously making my life hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Guys, I need some advice here.
Been working at my job for almost 7 months now. I'm a hard worker, always give 100% , I'm kind, helpful, never have a bad thing to say about anyone ever.

I had a major death in my family last week (brother and aunt were involved in a fatal car accident so I took time off to do what needed to be done, obviously). I came back to work last night and oh my lord, what hit me was a shocker beyond belief.

I do not drink, do drugs, haven't been intimate with anyone since 2002 by choice and as I said, give 100% at work. So imagine my feelings when a few people came to me on the side to inform me of things being said about me.

so according to rumor - and according to one who told me this stuff, it's been going on since the first night i switched from day to overnights so four months now: im this raging meth head, coke head and drunk who drinks hard liquor 24/7, and a bunch of other things.
oh i was in prison about 50 times and have been in work release more times than you can count,
I'm a user of people, very very bossy and controlling, a bad person, a piece of trash, I totally messed up every single thing I was doing when I was helping out the bosses (they were training me to start moving up the ladder), I'm totally incompetent, I can't do a thing right, I'm doing every person there to get ahead, I'm dating a guy there/doing him to move up the ladder.

wow jesus, Im just one awful person, aren't I?? wonder why I never knew this about myself til now. I'm glad I found out. I'm going to have to fix myself fast, here! And, supposedly everyone is saying this crap about me :'D well not all. those who let me know know im a stand up person. smh.

I tried talking kindly to one of the many spreading but they just looked shocked and said, "I never said a thing like that! I just said you and 'name withheld' are hanging out."

Well first off, you don't come around my home cuz you live miles in the other direction so how would you know if I'm hanging out with anyone or not? You WOULDN'T. End of. Stop making things up. Sorry Im female and have a male friend at work that I get along great with, basically a best friend. Doesn't mean we're intimate. I don't bring home stuff to work and I don't bring work stuff home (Unless I'm asked how my night was of course). I'm a VERY private person.

You know what my revenge on them will be? Imma keep on being me, caring, helping, doing the best job I can, and imma hold my head up high and be nice to all because that's the kinda person I am.

Yanno?

Do a hair and blood and piss test on me, people at work, I'll even pay for it. Aint nothing gonna show up but a tiny trace of weed from xmas break and then a tiny trace of weed from jan 2013 xD CUZ IM SUCH A METH/COKE HEAD AND A SUPER DRUNK. I'll show you my record for convictions. one thing in 03 for cashing what turned out to be a forged work check. Spent 6 weeks in jail for it then went into the army.

lol. it's rather amusing now. people and their tall tales. Those with little lives. But still, isn't this slander? Defamation of character especially when I can prove everything they're spreading are completely horrific lies? I won't quit my job and I'll sure look like nothing is bothering me, but deep down, I feel bullied, harassed, can't trust anyone, hate being around them all, ugh. This is so awful and so unwarranted.
edit on 18-1-2014 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Talk to your boss about it they have a duty to nip this kind of thing in the bud, If your manager doesn't do anything go higher.
If it continues quit and take them to court for not protecting you against workplace bullying. I think they call it constructive dismissal.
I have seen this type of thing before recently in my job and after a long time the assistant manager was fired due to not doing anything about it and 6 members of staff were either moved or demoted.
Are you in a union? If so contact them and tell you of the situation also write everything down with names, dates times etc.
edit on 18-1-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Ah boymonkey. Nice to see you again though under sad circumstances, heh.

I'll try that out. I'll talk with one of the bosses I trust a lot, someone who's not involved in the rumors as my one friend is. I'll do what I can and have to to get this stuff sorted out asap. I have a right to work without having my reputation killed. It's so cruel and putrid.

and no, it's not union sadly. they treat the workers SO well there so they don't have to go union.
edit on 18-1-2014 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

People are creating all these rumors about you , because you are so private.
I know the best advice is to ignore them, but even if you do, deep down inside it does hurt.

My advice is the saying : " Stay close to your friends, but stay closer to your enemies."

Basically befriend one of the people who you think is creating some of these rumors, and after a while the rumors will go away or lessen.
If people would get to know you a little better, they wouldn't go around speculating about you behind your back.

My humble two cents.
RR

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rainbowresidue

I will do my best. I do plan to go to work with my head held high and keep on as I always have.

But you're right, it hurts. I've never had this happen in my life of working - and I've worked since 89. Every other job, people adore me, come to me for advice, love cuz I make them laugh, am so helpful and go above and beyond, etc.

This is so strange. Then again, it's my first factory job. Maybe this stuff happens rabidly in factory jobs.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe your PRIVATE closed off life is making you an easy target for trolls.

Its sad that people cant just leave others alone.

I'm the same way though. A lot of my life i keep private. I choose not to talk a lot.
I chose to keep to my self. From my own experience, most people think its weird.

I Believe they do it to get a rise out of you. I also think that they see you as a threat.

Maybe that's because they dont know if you can be trusted to over hear something.

Just my .02....take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yer Female...
You maybe a nice looking girl, this happens more then not....errr

Get revenge: buy a 5 lb pound bag of:
Sweet Revenge

place these sweet little bowl cleanser in a Nice bowl.. several bowls so all can have access. We all know everyone has a sweet thooooth...

Stand back and waatch the fun: takes about 1-2 hours depending on a persons insides.

Yes it does just what it says to like 99% of people.

EnJoY your Day
Dog out ......

PS. Read the reviews !!
edit on 18-1-2014 by DogMeat because: (no reason given)

link   
Office politics. I've tried office work before, and most of the people I've worked with were a very malevolent breed.

Try your best to ignore them if possible.

I once worked with a woman that decided to start her own rumour to see what it would turn into.
She mentioned to an especially catty old woman that she had just rented a house with 4 very fine men.
She walked around with her head held high, smiling proudly as the rumours of her sluttyness worked their way through the workplace.
Those of us that were her friends, knew that the "four fine young men", were her brothers.

It's easier to have fun with that type of rumour in a factory though...

**i just noticed it is a factory environment.
Yeah people are petty and jealous everywhere.
Your actual friends will know the truth, and untruths.
edit on 18-1-2014 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

link   
I feel sorry for you being surrounded by a load of snakes. I would`nt want to work in that enviroment. If I could find another job I would leave. Before leaving I would go in a give em a piece of my mind. I am a guy so its different. I would do it in the car park after work an if any one said one word against me I`d kick em in the nuts an rip their head off. But thats me. What do you do? Tape them making slandering or abusive remarks? Use that as evidence and show it to your bosses. I am not sure about the laws on slander, maybe you could give any tapes to the police and see what they say.
Dont let them get you down you have no reason too. Hold your head up and smile in their faces. Your day will come and then you can have the last laugh.

edit on 18-1-2014 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
They are probably all jealous because you are such a nice person, And they are two faced vermin!. As you said offer to take alcohol and drugs tests and just keep being nice. Your obviously doing a good job
...Keep up the good work

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
To my lay understanding? You don't simply deserve a workplace without harassment or this sort of nonsense, you have a legal right to one. I'd insure your supervisors know you know that very clearly..IF..(and only if), they go sideways about doing something to end the problem.

I don't blame you for having issues. I would too. Good luck getting it resolved and let us all know how that turns out!

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thanks all.
Just because I plan to go into work still happy and confident and not letting a thing change me, believe me, I am HURTING hard inside. I mean hard.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Simply put, what you describe is harassment, and is illegal in the workplace. Talk to you boss, and if that doesnt work, talk to a lawyer.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

sarra1833
Thanks all.
Just because I plan to go into work still happy and confident and not letting a thing change me, believe me, I am HURTING hard inside. I mean hard.

Mentioned earlier

EEOC

However, your representative, such as a coworker or your attorney, may file on your behalf, if you think it's important to protect your identity. But, regardless of who files a discrimination charge with the EEOC on your behalf, your employer cannot rightfully retaliate against you or the person who filed.

Low-life people say bad things about people they either are envious of or jealous of, for only to build themselves up due to the level of self respect you have and exhibit to them.

If you can dry your tears, they'll have nothing to lap-up.
edit on (1/18/1414 by loveguy because: dang grammar wording schtuff

edit on (1/18/1414 by loveguy because: having a monday

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah, I'll go to my supervisor and if he won't do a thing, I'm going to take it to HR because this is just bullying and filth and though i wont show it, it WILL make my job a living hell.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

sarra1833
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah, I'll go to my supervisor and if he won't do a thing, I'm going to take it to HR because this is just bullying and filth and though i wont show it, it WILL make my job a living hell.
That is the correct course of action, but keep in mind, HR is a corporate position. No matter how much they claim to be on the workers side, their job is to protect the company, first and foremost.

If you dont get an answer you like, dont stop there.

Truth is, most HR departments are a flat out scam....a way to make the workers THINk that someone is on their side, even though their rooting interest is with the company, not the worker.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Don't you have an HR department in your company?

Depending on the size /quality of the company you should also have various employee hotlines and/or a compliance department you can go to also.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Not sure what country you are living but I'm an employer in the UK and have over 400 staff and if this had happened in my place I would tell you to put a grievance in. Basically write a letter containing everything in your opening OP and hand it to your bosses. It will be down to them to investigate your claims. If you end up leaving your job you can then take your employer to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal as you certainly would have a case here in the UK if your employer does not act on your grievance.

Sorry about your loss

edit on 18.1.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling again

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

sarra1833
Thanks all.

There's that saying that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never harm me... I think that to be the most untrue saying!!! Words do hurt..they eat at you. And it's no good and no fun. I just truly hope the best for you. You seem very confident when you said you're still gonna be nice and caring and keep your head held high. That's a great positive outlook on this situation.
And yes like others have said I agree about informing a boss about this. It seems some people have no lives, so they like to talk about everyone else's life...even if it's not even true. Real life trolls.

I'm sorry you're hurting so bad. I wish you peace and love. Like someone else said, they just may be jealous of how awesome of a worker you are
kill them with kindness. Good day or evening to you where ever you are

-nat

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

The fact that your giving them all this attention, is EXACTLY what they want. If you are truly worried about it, I wouldn't be, but if you were... Stand-up. Announce in a very loud voice: The next person who slanders me will be sued for libel! Doesn't matter if you know who it is, they don't know that you don't know. Make them think you know who it is, and boom. No longer a problem.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join