It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is your "persistent lingering contrail" theory, now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm just curious to know, as to why these planes, flying back and forth, have normal contrails, now?
How come those "persistent lingering contrails" are not happening??? THIS is WHAT WAS happening, ALL THE TIME; even during 80 degree weather.
THIS IS WHAT'S BEEN GOING ON, in the same temperature, for the past week or so.
Yes, i know that the temps on the ground are different, than the temps at 30,000 feet; but WHY are there no "persistent lingering contrails"? Shouldn't there be??? Isn't it a bit strange to see "persistent lingering contrails", on a perfectly blue day; when, on a hazy day, these planes are leaving normal condensation trails? I thought the new jet fuel was making those "persistent lingering contrails"; or was it the effects of global warming, mixed with the jet fuel that caused them??? Or maybe, those "chemtrails" were made because of an approaching storm front???

What are contrails?

A contrail is the condensation trail that is left behind by a passing jet plane. Contrails are clouds, usually cirrus, formed when water vapor condenses and freezes around small particles (aerosols) that exist in aircraft exhaust. Some of that water vapor comes from the air around the plane; and, some is added by the exhaust of the aircraft. The exhaust of an aircraft contains both gas (vapor) and solid particles. Both of these are important in the formation of contrails. Some elements of the exhaust gasses are not involved in contrail formation but do constitute air pollution. Emissions include carbon dioxide, water vapor, nitrogen oxides, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons such as methane, sulfates, and soot and metal particles.

What Conditions Must Be Present for Contrails to Be Formed?

This trail of clouds normally forms at very high altitudes (usually above 26,000 ft) where the air is extremely cold (less than -40ºC). The temperature needed to create contrails depends on the ambient air pressure, temperature and humidity outside of the aircraft, and on the ratio of water vapor and heat released into the atmosphere by the aircraft exhaust. That is why sometimes you can see them and sometimes you can’t. This cloud formation is similar to the cloud you see on cold days when you exhale and "see your breath."

In order for a contrail to form, there must be enough moisture in the high levels of the atmosphere for the ice crystals to form around the airplane exhaust. If the upper atmosphere is very dry, contrails will not easily form, or will be of the short-lived type. Persistent contrails can last for hours to days, and spread over thousands of square kilometers, becoming indistinguishable from naturally occurring cirrus clouds.
So, what i should believe is that up until, about a week ago, there was enough moisture in the atmosphere, to form those "persistent lingering contrails"; and suddenly, there's not??? I find that highly unlikely; especially after seeing those long trails occur, all the time, for 3 years. Very rarely had i seen "condensation trails", until now. So, what's changed???

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Atmospheric conditions vary by the day, by the hour. Just as they do at sea level. Have you not read up anything about contrails and how/why they form?

www.faa.gov...

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Do you even have a point beyond "why does the weather change?"

Persistant spreading trails have never 'always' happened, nobody trying to explain it to you has ever said anything other than you need temperature and humidity to be right and these conditions are variable.

You pretending not to have ever heard of this does not make any difference.
edit on 17-1-2014 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Isn't it a bit strange to see "persistent lingering contrails", on a perfectly blue day; when, on a hazy day, these planes are leaving normal condensation trails?

Your answer is contained within that question:
HAZY equates to HIGH HUMIDITY, and CLEAR equates LOW HUMIDITY.

Contrails will not form, and persist, in air with little, or no water already in it. That's about as simple as one can get.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not every jet in the sky creates those lingering trails. Depending on where you are on the planet, there may be a lot of reasons.....no need to currently manipulate the weather, the military isn't using chaff as training, upper air currents are quite dry and no ice is forming...it could be anything. Also, sometimes even contrails linger. That's the beauty of using jet aircraft to spray things in the sky. Contrails have existed as long as there have been high flying jet aircraft.

Worry not, however. They'll be back.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Wunderkind actually said the opposite, referring to short trails in hazy skies, but isn't considering that the haze might not be where the trails are being left. The concept of looking 'through' haze rather than 'at' haze being apparently beyond his grasp.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why is it cloudy sometimes and not all the time?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Wunderkind actually said the opposite, referring to short trails in hazy skies, but isn't considering that the haze might not be where the trails are being left.

Yes he did... And I'm going to blame my poor vision for that...

I'm sorry...

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Do you see any clouds? Hmmm. I wonder why not? You have seen clouds in your sky before right?

I think it's a government conspiracy. They took yer clouds. "dey took yer clouds"

I know that you won't trust anyone else to tell you this, but in the morning, check out this sooper secret way we communicate. We call it .......wait for it......"the weather forecast". Now they aren't always right, but sometimes they say things like "mostly sunny" or "mostly cloudy", how do they know that? MAGIC! no,.......perhaps they use............//cue really scary music//.....science. (and no, they didn't need chemistry for this part)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Actually, the military still does training with chaff at times. Usually during a JRT.
But it doesn't have any affect on weather, other than showing up on weather radar.
Just trying to help.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The weather several thousand feet up is nearly always entirely different from the ground. What is the temperature, humidity, and particulate levels at 30,000 feet over where you are? Knowing that information would definitely give you half the information you need to decide whether they are contrails or chemtrails.

Since chemtrail chemicals all fall the to the ground all you have to do is look at your soil for a complete history of chemtrail activity where you live. A good chemist could analyze it and let you know.

So far, nobody I know of has put their money where there mouth is and taken the steps to prove the chemtrail activity.
edit on 17-1-2014 by fractal2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Grimpachi

HAARP. Or possibly the Annunaki or Nibiuru? Obviously can't be natural because it happens all over the world all the time .....

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Sometimes the government doesn't have enough "Chemtrail Spray" to do the whole sky...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't think every contrail is a chemtrail but think about it a second. They say the HAARP device built in Alaska is to I believe heat up? the ionosphere, turning it into a giant antenna.

Why the need for a giant antenna? I call a local number for my cable co. and can be hooked up to somebody in India in no time. I understand the military isnt using cell phones and land lines. HAM radio has bounced off the ionosphere for decades.

So if you don't want your signal to "bounce" off the ionosphere but want to direct it, why not localize the heat in the ionosphere by seeding it with something? Something to reflect the heat and keep it in.

Seed Iowa, get the Congo, Seed Michigan, get S.Africa or Timbuktu.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Aye, but that has as much effect on the weather way way down in the troposphere as does the number of Springsteen CDs bought in London last night affects the rainfall in Brazil

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You know, in all seriousness, if you would check out a few of the links we offer from time to time, you could learn all about this stuff.
We aren't making it up.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Boy, all the playas came to play on this thread. Why? You want me to believe that "all of a sudden" after 3 years, the atmosphere is different, now? Give it up. I'm talking what i've seen OVER THE YEARS. VERY RARELY had i seen NORMAL CONDENSATION TRAILS. They were ALWAYS loooooooooooooooong trails. What part don't you understand??? And don't give me that crap about planes being so high, they're not visible. At that altitude, those lines are visible. So, what's changed??? I've experienced days like we've had, over the past week; but planes were still leaving these "persistent lingering contrails". There seems to be a bunch of inconsistencies with all of your "stories".

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

If one thing goes out of whack, on our planet, everything is affected. Our planet runs in complete harmony. But, IBM is intent on "building a smarter planet".

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
We have them everyday here in the Northeast, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Illinois. These four because Ive seen them myself as I travel to and through each of those states.

May not be happening where you are, but the world is a very, very large place. Perhaps ask for photo upload from members in their home locations?

PS And by the way...theyve been increasingly large in amount and frequency up here.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Perhaps you don't get it either. WHY AREN'T HEY HAPPENING NOW??? Where are they? There's been lots and lots of planes, flying around. Not 1 has left a "persistent lingering contrail" as posted in my thread. NOT 1. Why were they happening, YEAR ROUND, for the past 3 years, and now....NOTHING?

Go check your "chemtrail" debunking manual, and get back with me, with more BUNK!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join