It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking Sitchin Debunkers

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just in case you want to know exactly what the Sumerians knew of our solar system, planets, Gods and cosmology as a whole, you may benefit from this link.

What you will find there is a no-nonsense exact telling of what the Sumerian texts show on these subjects. You will also find it all goes directly against all the tomfoolery invented to sell Ancient Alien Hogwash that the masses seem to be consuming these days.

Sitchin is not a respected man in any academic circle and for good reason. He was a liar and a con-man.

Put down the Youtube and pick up academia. I'm not trying to be mean. It just breaks my heart to see any of my peers falling easily for well crafted lies made to steal money from those who refuse to research the truth.

etb-cosmology.blogspot.com...

PS-Why didn't the Aliens tell the Sumerians that Earth wasn't flat?

MM
edit on 17-7-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

EL is enlil

en.lil

en means lord
lil means of the air
so enlil was lord of the air

the etymology is

Lil
Il
ilu
ila
ilah
al
el
for example, bab-el is bab-ilu

edit on 17-7-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

Put down the Youtube and pick up academia. I'm not trying to be mean.

good grief. /shakes head

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Mr Mask

link is wrong

abzu is not the primeval sea. the abzu is IN the primeval sea.
kramer is engaging in a bit of his own theory there, in contradiction of
the actual text itself.
for example, in the story of the creation of humans, enki is in the abzu.
if abzu is the primeval sea, and enki is the universe, that means the universe
is in the primeval sea. it's close, but no banana. i'd explain but we'd get
hopelessly off topic.

rather, the abzu was the abyss, which is not the sea either. it's in the sea
but isn't the sea itself. krarmer already knew that, so im a bit perplexed
that he broke with his own writing on the subject. for example he says

"The lord of the abyss, the king Enki,
Enki the Lord who decrees the fates,
Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli;
Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light,
The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss."

"Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over
the water like a lofty mountain."

so the kramer info on that link you posted is saying the universe created
the city of eridu in the ocean and raised it up and floated it over the water
like a lofty mountain. it just gets more ridiculous till you realize it's ancient
tech

now either that city was built on the bottom of the ocean and floated over
the water, or it was built in the abyss, which is not the ocean.

as far as flat earth goes, i came across a few reasons for why that is not
correct. what he is listing there as evidence is babylonian not sumerian and is what
the people were allowed to know. however the priestly classes (meaning
the scholars), kept charts on planetary movements,precession of the equinoxes,
eclipses of the sun and moon and so on. don't tell me none of them noticed
that the light and shadow on those heavenly bodies looked just like light and
shadow on fruits and other spherical objects. they were ancient, not blind.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
p.s. enki's temple city is e.abzu. house of the abzu. that is to say, house of the abyss.
if the abyss is the abzu , and it is, and if the abyss is the ocean, how does enlil's temple
city of e.kur have a wide abzu in it? the e.kur is also known as nibru, nibbur and nippur.
need proof:
oi.uchicago.edu...

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
and one more
Nippur (Sumerian: Nibru, often logographically recorded as 𒂗𒆤𒆠, EN.LÍLKI, "Enlil City;"[1] Akkadian: Nibbur)
en.wikipedia.org...

so sumerian nibru = akkadian nibbur = babylonian and later, nippur.

believe me, i've went thru all this before.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
Mr Mask

link is wrong

abzu is not the primeval sea. the abzu is IN the primeval sea.
kramer is engaging in a bit of his own theory there, in contradiction of
the actual text itself.
for example, in the story of the creation of humans, enki is in the abzu.
if abzu is the primeval sea, and enki is the universe, that means the universe
is in the primeval sea. it's close, but no banana. i'd explain but we'd get
hopelessly off topic.

rather, the abzu was the abyss, which is not the sea either. it's in the sea
but isn't the sea itself. krarmer already knew that, so im a bit perplexed
that he broke with his own writing on the subject. for example he says

"The lord of the abyss, the king Enki,
Enki the Lord who decrees the fates,
Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli;
Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light,
The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss."

"Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over
the water like a lofty mountain."

so the kramer info on that link you posted is saying the universe created
the city of eridu in the ocean and raised it up and floated it over the water
like a lofty mountain. it just gets more ridiculous till you realize it's ancient
tech

now either that city was built on the bottom of the ocean and floated over
the water, or it was built in the abyss, which is not the ocean.

as far as flat earth goes, i came across a few reasons for why that is not
correct. what he is listing there as evidence is babylonian not sumerian and is what
the people were allowed to know. however the priestly classes (meaning
the scholars), kept charts on planetary movements,precession of the equinoxes,
eclipses of the sun and moon and so on. don't tell me none of them noticed
that the light and shadow on those heavenly bodies looked just like light and
shadow on fruits and other spherical objects. they were ancient, not blind.

This is why you should do research.

"Abzu " Means "deep water", a source of all waters.. Nothing more.

Abzu; Akkadian: apsû) also called engur, (Cuneiform:𒇉, LAGAB×HAL; Sumerian: engur; Akkadian: engurru) literally, ab='water' (or 'semen') zu='to know' or 'deep' was the name for fresh water from underground aquifers that was given a religious fertilizing quality in Sumerian and Akkadian mythology. Lakes, springs, rivers, wells, and other sources of fresh water were thought to draw their water from the abzu.

In the city Eridu, Enki's temple was known as E2-abzu (house of the cosmic waters) and was located at the edge of a swamp, an abzu.

Abzu (apsû) is depicted as a deity only in the Babylonian creation epic, the Enûma Elish, taken from the library of Assurbanipal (c 630 BCE) but which is about 500 years older. In this story, he was a primal being made of fresh water and a lover to another primal deity, Tiamat, who was a creature of salt water.

And of course everything else I told you still applies. You have the Sumerian texts wrong.

Not only that, I know exactly where and why you get them wrong from.

Again, stay within academia and stop peddling the wares of people who want to fool you so you live a life farther from the truth. They just want your money.

And don't shake your head when you are displaying inaccurate ideas and broken information. It makes you look bad.

en.wikipedia.org...

PS Notice I used Wikipedia...the same page you are copy and pasting from. Funny how you over looked the information there. Anyways, since you trust wikipedia for your info I thought I would use it too.
MM
edit on 17-7-2014 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

1 personally respects Zecharia Sitchin, may he rest in peace for taking time to do his best at deciphering the ancient Sumer data as best possible for many today to siphon through and evaluate in todays times. The ancient tablets are fascinating to me... And the fact that he was able to bring some of the data through shows that he was not just an attention seeking individual out to only make a buck, his compassion is felt towards the subject.

The thing 1 has observed is that with certain GREAT BOOKS / DATA even if the data is misconstrued, misunderstood or even rewritten the message(s) makes it thru as if meant to...

Does 1 feel there may be some error in what Zecharia deciphered and shared from the ancient text, yes. Does 1 feel he got the message data out ONTIME yes?

Something's personally I feel are truth to his data

1-ANNUNAKI interacting here on EA*RTH and eventually the humanoid body form of man was generated-
2-The early influences upon MAN of the 2 ANNUNAKI brothers here on EA*RTH LORD ENKI (the younger) and LORD ENLIL (the older of the 2)
3-The location of Ancient SUMER
4-The transport-deciphered as NIBIRU but may carry other -classified- name...
5-The interactions between LORD ENLIL and Abraham and Abrahams influence on current world religions
6-THAT "THEY" WILL RETURN (hence ontime)

If this data of which 1 feels Zecharia was accurate in delivering is "TRUTH" then he by transmitting it into the minds today accomplished much. Yes to reiterate he may have made some errors but if some of the more important data made it thru. Then 1 feels he has done a GREAT JOB and appreciates his efforts he has helped 1...

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA
NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

before you spend any more time correcting me for not knowing something, read my stargates are real thread, here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
note that i wrote it in 2006 and that i know precisely what abzu is, or is suggested to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

good grief. /shakes head

Mr Mask just gave you the truth...

Many others have as well.

Yet you aren't interested in it.

You know that Sitchin has been exposed as a fraud, a liar, and a con-man and yet you still ignore this fact.

All of this disinformation you are exposing yourself to is completely blinding you to reality.

That is exactly what it is designed to do.

As a general rule I always try to avoid allowing lies to enter my mind because they WILL influence your thoughts.

Lies carry an agenda, the goal is deception.

You have been deceived.

The sooner you realize this FACT, the better.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

this is the problem. you claim you are a bible reader and believer, correct?
the word bottomless pit, from revelation 9, is actually from the greek word "Abyssos"
my study of bible prophecy is what lead me to believe that the sumerian abzu is the biblical
abyss, which is the bottomless pit, which is NOT the ocean

have you read the book of enoch, where enoch sees a black hole and refers to it as an abyss?

the problem with mainstream data is it depends largely on ignoring thousands of other references that help
to flesh out the picture.

so no, he is not helping me. he's saying the same thing i am, that the abzu was DEEP COSMIC "water" (an abyss, a bottomless pit, a blackhole, wormhole, what have you). then he ignores that it's deep cosmic water and says it's this other thing, and then ignores that, and says it's something else

I did not get these ideas from zecharia sitchin, i got them from the bible, the sumerian, akkadian, egyptian texts, and hebrew pseudopigraphia.

And it is called E.ABZU, not E2.ABZU.
And the link he gave me is full of crap. i proved it and he ignored the proof.

so no, he is not helping me. he's confusing the topic and trying to pretend my stargate work is the work of zecharia sitchin -- which of course it is not!

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I think the best approach is design a data base where all who attempt to decipher the ancient data can compile & discuss and filter. Anything else will generate subjective discussions of distraction as seen occurring from time to time...

To add subjectively you have to open something to ACCESS EABZU even if your in the seas you wont see it may even drive thru its access points unnoticed w/o access... Access adjust the atoms to open.
This is why when portals are mentioned and a physical dug or opened hole is shown I find it odd, for why would you be able to enter elsewhere thru here in a way but have no particle like door within generated/penetrated entrance? So its like water open but w/o access you just going into water. W/ access water adjusted-changed somehow? and atoms readjusted to a changed water "frequency" and then enter and close behind w/o never displacing any matter/water or the water would just get sucked into portal w/o being adjusted atomically to remain here?
Like separating the space between protons-neutrons more with the electron field expanding to hold the separating Protons/neutrons as well altered. And then moving thru... and readjusting the protons/neutrons back to their original water/soil/cosmic? states electron field and all (closing) portal.

Interesting thread undo

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Now it could be that Nibiru is closer than we thought, if for example, the writings of Sitchin were meant to circumvent any discoveries on the subject by researchers along the way.

Why? What could be gained by hiding the fact that a planet was going to pass close by, destroying our civilization and killing most, if not all, life? Wouldn't you want to get the news out as quickly as possible, giving mankind time to develop the means to get off planet? Makes no sense at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

interesting ideas, ophiuchus. i have no idea how it works. i only know the hints are all over the ancient world.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Hints indeed. Would be amazing if one of the openers was found and vaulted for planetary security

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Now it could be that Nibiru is closer than we thought, if for example, the writings of Sitchin were meant to circumvent any discoveries on the subject by researchers along the way.

Why? What could be gained by hiding the fact that a planet was going to pass close by, destroying our civilization and killing most, if not all, life? Wouldn't you want to get the news out as quickly as possible, giving mankind time to develop the means to get off planet? Makes no sense at all.

i know, just like it didn't make sense to destroy all life on earth with a massive global cataclysm involving water, but it happened. to suggest the event happened but was just a natural occurence requires you to ignore the rest of the data. in other words, the ice age was a deliberate, not natural, extinction event.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

well his debunkers are using his mistakes as a reason to ignore actual sumerian literature.

Much of what he claimed didn't involve Sumerian literature. Plenty of skeptical people stick to his eccentrically orbiting pretend planet.

That's nowhere in any literature.

Harte

oh i know this. it says i know this in the op. weren't you the one that said you thought heiser was right that the anunna were princely blood?

It's not Heiser's translation, just the generally accepted one. A literal translation doesn't work. The "princely blood" thing refers to divine princely blood while allowing a backdoor to monarchs (LOL.)
Pesonally, I think of it as An's children, which denotes "princely" blood anyway.

originally posted by: undoi've repeated it on here many times, just to get people like yourself to quit assuming everything sumerian is sitchin.

Not only is it not true that everything Sumerian is Sitchin, it's also not true that everything Sitchin is Sumerian.

Other than the purely fictional physics of Nibiru, Sitchin had a lot to say about Judaism and several other religions, I agree.
However, he got almost all of that wrong too, except for the parts attributed to scholars (some of whom are no doubt also wrong.)

Harte

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

i know, just like it didn't make sense to destroy all life on earth with a massive global cataclysm involving water, but it happened. to suggest the event happened but was just a natural occurence requires you to ignore the rest of the data. in other words, the ice age was a deliberate, not natural, extinction event.

I'm sorry but could you provide links to all the geological evidence that shows a global flood that destroyed everything?

You state the the Ice Age was not natural. Which Ice Age? Their have been at least 5 major ones: the Huronian, Cryogenian, Andean-Saharan, Karoo Ice Age and the Quaternary.

These go back over 2 billion year, and we are still actually in the last Ice Age.

Can you also please provide sources show that these ice ages were not natural and why you believe this?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

and the generally accepted translation can be diagrammed grammatically to understand it, it's not that hard though!

An conceived the Anunna in the sky. somehow those sky born anunna, got to the earth FROM THE SKY. if they are royals, then maybe they are nephilim. i mean, i'm really quite disgruntled with heiser on that cause he had my admiration and respect until he started with the "anunna" are just earth royals, thing.
heiser also says that the word Elohim is used to apply to God, gods, the dearly departed and other spiritual entities. he knows how floppy the words for god are in the ancient world. anunna also means gods. in the same sense as elohim does. i'm so frustrated with him right now, i just wanna shake some sense into him but he's in denial mode on that atm, and there's really nothing i can do that'll convince him otherwise. he has helped me solve other etymological problems as well, such as the questions regarding en.lil's etymology as a god word, and why king david had nephilim helping him win his war against other nephilim.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

the last one. that was a global catastrophe that was an extinction level event and it is my firm opinion that it's referenced in the second verse of the bible where it says " the earth became void and desolate." not the earth WAS void and desolate, but BECAME void and desolate. it wasn't talking about something that happened immediately after the earth was created, but something that happened that caused the earth to become tohu and bohu. a desolate wasteland. if the ice age in question was caused by a meteorite or other large chunk of space debris, that object was deliberately targeted at earth.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join