It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Anomalies - 2 Similar possible animals sitting on rocks look almost like small monkeys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I know the general ROCKS response is easy... But doesn't this look a little weird? They're in separate spots on the photos but look remarkably like 2 animals sitting on rocks... It looks like both have tails. I for one haven't seen any rocks with tails. Then again I haven't been to Mars so maybe they have tail shaped rocks that like to sit on top of other rocks there? Give me some thoughts ATS? Pretty cool natural formation if it's not an animal tail hanging off the rock.

Original Links:
MARS JPL IMAGE 1

MARS JPL IMAGE 2

Here's screenshots I took circling the areas of interest:

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am all in on the alien stuff, but to me I just see weathered rocks. If you try really hard, I can kind of see an outline, but I know they are just rocks. S&F for trying though.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My dear friend,

reply to post by robbystarbuck

Unfortunatley they look exactly like rocks to me. Erm, they dont look like monkeys to me.

They look like rocks, and sorry to be the first to say it! [ok, second]

Be safe be well

Spiro

edit on 17-1-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's a rock

It's a rock

It's a rock

Cody

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I want a Mars Rock Monkey.
Wonder what they eat?

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I always click on the Mars threads for a good laugh.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I know I'm supposed to come up with a lengthy well reasoned reply that "denies ignorance", but I really can't sum up my thoughts on the OP better than this:

edit on 17-1-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You forgot the Iguana Rock rock-crawling on the rock in the left-hand bottom corner of one of your pics:

She eats rock flies, rock mealy-worms, and rocks...

...or maybe it just takes a few bites out of that white seashell rock way over to its right with the four or five indentions aligned around its edge.

edit on 17-1-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Talking about Mars & Rocks, what about this story on Discovery News ~ Mystery Rock 'Appears' in Front of Mars Rover
news.discovery.com...
edit on 17-1-2014 by uforn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Golantrevize

Haha, you know whats coming, still i cant pass on a mars pic thread.

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by uforn

Now this probably deserves it's own thread. I believe Arken posted something similar to this story earlier this week, in fact. While at the time everyone said it was difference in the angle of light and such, the photos in your link appear like the real deal. I wonder if Mars has tremors or earthquakes that could account for moving rocks....?

Back on topic...

If you look at some of the other rocks within the photo, you will notice that not all of them have sharp edges - some of them have rounded areas from erosion. I think that's what the "tail" is in these photos as well. Mostly jagged-edged rocks with some rounded weathering and that is what makes these rocks appear to be just jagged rocks with something smoother-looking sitting on top of them. In reality, the rocks we are looking at are jagged in some places and smooth from wind erosion in others, creating strange shapes on them. Nice find though! Even though the answer is always "It's just a rock!", I enjoy seeing the photos from the surface of Mars

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Advantage
I want a Mars Rock Monkey.
Wonder what they eat?

Same as any other Pet Rock, I'd imagine.
Hope you're old enough to catch the reference!

posted on Jan, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

SullivanBlack
I am all in on the alien stuff, but to me I just see weathered rocks. If you try really hard, I can kind of see an outline, but I know they are just rocks. S&F for trying though.

Really? You don't see the spiny rock succalators? So many Marsamals in every shot!

Really the problem is a living creature there could look like a rock! The ones that look like something we envision as life could be the real rocks.
I think many creatures there eat minerals from stone, and live with the ability to tunnel so they can get to the ice layer, they may even absorb water from the soil through the "skin".

new topics

top topics

join