It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening now and I never even realised

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the post: All I can say is before the smart meter was installed at my state side home the electric bill was around $39 a month when we were gone. After the installation that price jumped to around $59 to $70 even though nothing changed but the installation...

Wait until they finish shutting down the coal fired power plants and the prices paid today will be looked upon as the good old days...

The highest bill I have ever had overseas (tropical climate) has been a little less than $60 and that is running air conditioners 24/7...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That was an article' this was spoken to me by someone i think I can trust,
If its true then powers cuts need to start happening soon if theyn want to bring this in by the end of 2014, so we have not long to wait to see.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Easy, all eat salads, boil water off-peak,and use those Thermos things, get a Aga type cooker and combined boiler that runs on wood or coal. Buy candles, or make your own, get a few auto batteries in and charge them off-peak.
Better still move somewhere it's windy or sunny and get your own power and stick 2 fingers up to the power barons.
The only Reason TPTB privatised energy was to make obscene profits.
If your tale is true it is typical of the way TPTB consider us, Sheeple!
Arise sheep make yourselves heard...

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Did you take notes as he spoke to you? I mean this is a mighty long conversation to be able to recall otherwise.

If you were telling us "here is the gist of a conversation I had and the main points of what he had to say"....that is one thing...but you have given us a "script" of what was said by both yourself and him and it's quite a lengthy one to be able to remember off the top of your head.
I'm confused???

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Regarding people that work shifts.
Older people here will tell that we used to get triple time for working christmas double time for working a bank holiday and time ad a half for working a sat morning,
Now sat is a normal day, and my son was offered overtime at chrismas nightshift and the wages were time and a half.

nurses in Scotland are to be paid normal rate for working nightshift as we are now a 24 hour society.

Funny how we are a 24 hour society who only get normal wage now for any time of the day, but peak hours still exist for services such as mobile phone calls.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

We were in the pub why would I take notes.
it maybe seem long but we talked about it for only about 30 mins

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

I can remember conversations I had when I was a kid, when you write down something you remember it as it happened. there will be different words in some of it but thats as near as I remember.

Are you telling me that you cantalk to someone for an hour and cant remember what you said

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Hi I thought I had one installed but it was just a new meter, I dont know much about them, but how is it dearer when they are supposed to save you money.

Are they charging you by hour, or appliance by any chance.
and did you have an option to refuse it

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

I'm going to go out on a limb here and give you the beneift of the doubt.

Sadly if true, I have no doubt that people will accept it. People in this country accept being ripped off by the energy companies presently. They grumble and complain - but riots? Not a chance. Call me cynical but people are too apathetic and lazy. If it's a choice between paying some money to get the TV on to watch X-Factor or marching in the street, what do you think the majority of people will choose?

Any protesters will face the usual media denouncements and be portrayed as trouble causers etc.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Of course I can recall conversations I have had for 30 mins/ one hour. But I can't write those conversations down in "script" form from memory stating who said what in what order and exactly at what point.....but maybe it's just that you have hidden talents that I don't!

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

To be honest he did the talking and I just said, Fck me as I listened, I said haf an hour, it must have been about 20 minutes, he told me the metteing he had and some question that were asked.

He was really just pointing out that they were not to save money for the user but cost money and make the power companies money, he did tell me that they invested £3.5 billion.
And shareholders would not agree to this unless they were guaranteed they would make money.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

Well I did win Inventor of the Year and the head of West midlands education said the maths involved were mind boggling and I should be teaching maths at schools.

When my kids were young I used to play a game with them where they would type a number into their calculator and multiply it and I would give them the answer before it was displayed on the calculator.

My serial number for win95 was 25 letters long and I used to know that of by heart.

I used to remember everything, I tlk to my wife about things when we were first married but she cant remember any of it, I remember my first day at school every conversation i had with teachers nuns etc.

since I got type 1 diabetes, I can put a thing down and cant remember, if Im on the ps3 playing cod, I say hold on lost the controller, had it in my hand seconds ago.

So my memory is not so good now, but do remember things in detail, went for glasses last week and can remember it step by step and every word I spoke to three staff.

I have passwords for online banking credit cards etc etc and remember every one off by heart but my ATS pass word I need to start notepad and get it out of there and its only 5 letters, the minds a funny thing, so I seem to remember things I think are important.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I know,
They go on about power shortage, but years ago I had one TV with an areal now i have 3 boxes and a tv all using power and doing the same job.

They are trying to make out that power is cheap and the cheap days are ended, thats what they are doing

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

From what I understood was that he worked for the company that made the smart meter for the power company, and is a long term contract to add new features manufacture replacements etc and they will be installing them not individual power companies.
So I assume right or wrongly that this will be a national change.

I talk to him on facebook so Ill ask him on Sunday, but dont know if he will want to talk about it on facebook, in fact he might be annoyed if I asked him online.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm not calling you a liar, I just don't believe that this will happen that soon. Ther'es no way this could be implemented and easily accepted by the public in such a short time frame. Maybe in 50 years, yes. But 2 years? Yeah the media are putting the blame onto the unemployed, but theres allot of people who are becoming aware of the actual problems that put our countries heavily into debt, and aware of the profits these companies make, their tax brakes, avoiding tax through loop holes or just blatantly avoiding tax's - yet insist to charge high premiums for energy with at least 15% rise annually from every energy supplier in the UK for the past decade. There is no way in hell what that man said will happen in two years.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

We are in Ca. we already pay more for peak time useage and weekends and holidays. we pay more when we use more than the set base amount of power per kwh. The rates keep going up and up. We now pay without consent for Low Income Assistance, Dam Removal plus many taxes and charges. When the dam removals are paid for the charge will remain I am sure, that is how things work. We used to have an option to pay into the low income fund now they just nab it even though we can barely pay our own.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

The most interesting part is dividing everyone into "national interest" and "everyone else". 90% of people wholeheartedly support this concept of unequal rights, where "the nation" should get special treatment for an unending stream of benefits, and the rest of us are merely fodder for their benefit. The idea is that two wrongs make a right, so put a special class of government workers in a position where they do all the wrongs to make everything right.

I think your friend has thrown in a few assumptions of his own into the mix, but I don't generally doubt the plan is correct. Plans never go as planned, especially not ones involving the government in some way.

If rates get too high people will switch to solar power, which is becoming economically feasible even without government subsidies.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In the USA they are planning the same type of thing
The hope among many in the industry is that time-of-use pricing, now technologically possible with the advent of smart meters, will spur home electricity users to limit the amount of power they use during the peak period, from around 4pm to 7pm. “By having time-of-use rates,” Faruqui said, “you flatten the curve, and come out ahead, not having to invest in all that extra capacity.”

nextcity.org...

From what Im reading so far' this seems to be the way the power industry is heading 2018 for Calafonia

Here is another item from 2011, I have to admit I have never heard of this charging by hour or appliance before, but there seems to be a lot written about it.
Electricity in the home where you plug something in as you need it may become a thing of the past, and what will this do for manufacturing, things like blenders and tumble dryers you just wont have because you cant afford to run them.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sorry to hear that mate, it appears that they want more and more without having to produce more using things like global warming, their profits just rise and rise.

Can you tell me how much you are paying to last year, and is it more expensive to run appliances between 4 and 7

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Thank you Pavmas, this is horrific, but thank you for bringing this scandal to our notice.

They won't get away with it, i can tell you that right here and now..the British people will take to the streets in their millions, they will accidentally be smashing the meters with sledgehammers up and down the land, and those who can, will leave the Orwellian grid for good, relying on personal Solar and wind systems instead.

And if they wish to further abuse and show the UK's anti-terrorism laws up as the farce they are by accusing those who oppose this as 'terrorists'...they'd better be ready to build hundreds of new prisons...as i have a feeling they will have millions of people newly classified as terrorists to have to house in them.

The absolutely stunning bastards.

NOW do we see how this divide and conquer crap works? Pointing the finger at unemployed people as filth, when most of them have been put out of work due to businesses folding because of the banks, and because the government stole our money and gave it away to those same banks.

NOW we know why the energy companies were in the news over the last 6 months going on about possible power-cuts, now we know why MPs are going on about capping prices, now we know why we are seeing propaganda TV shows like 'Benefits street', attempting to stereotype the jobless as thieves, and filth.

And now we know why the TV media, 'inside out' i think, is going to be putting on propaganda shows soon about people allegedly fiddling their electricity meters and causing all sorts of problems, thus creating the excuse to install these bloody things 'for health and safety reasons'...

Now we know.

Thanks again OP, this was brave of you to post - i'd watch your back if i were you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join