It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officers Responsible For Overseeing Nuclear Arsenal Caught Cheating on Monthly Proficiency Exams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Via the WTF Desk @ CNN: over 30 officers were disciplined for involvement in a text-based crib ring that helped 16 people who are not qualified to be in charge of part of our nuclear arsenal remain in charge of our freaking nuclear arsenal. Those responsible have been removed from their positions, which is reassuring, I guess.

*Doomsday clock immediately ticks to four minutes til.*

More here.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Eidolon23

I'm failing to see how this pushes the world closer to all out nuclear war.

Perhaps you can clarify that part.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

watchitburn

I would guess proof of totally incompetent oversight of nuclear weapons might be considered a threat.

posted on Jan, 16 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

watchitburn

Because if the guys in charge are derping their way through their essential duties, that constitutes a pretty serious security risk.

ETA: Yeah, what nugget1 sayz.

edit on 16-1-2014 by Eidolon23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Tangerine the brand name binary explosive marketed primarily making exploding targets firearms practice. It a patented combination ammonia nitrate and aluminum powder supplied two separate powders which mixed and shaken to produce the explosive. The combined explosive relatively stable when subjected less severe forces than high-velocity bullet impact. Target practice becomes lot more exciting when using Last Man Standing DA-5 and DA-22 exploding targets. You will never doubt you hit your target marlin model 25 because you’ll hear, feel the shock wave.

top topics

join