It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arriving from the Pleiades.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I want to discuss here a fabulous artifact from the Indus valley civilization that has come to light in recent years, the model of a Bull ship of Heaven and it's crew that would be understood as being of the Pleiades.

The model is fully described and discussed here in this paper The Lady of the Spiked Throne, so named after the Queen like personage that sits upon a seven spiked throne within the cabin surrounded by here four attendants.

There is also consideration here of looking at the model within the greater context of Indus valley culture, the general considerations are that the decorative aspects are associate with sacred celebration of a race or group associated with metal working, that are also connected with the Pleiades, a journey across the cosmic seas, were the woman could be the intended bride of the Sun, all very interesting!

For my part i want to use the opportunity to consider the development of the cult of clay figurines during the Neolithic period , it's meaning and implications, and why they should be associated with the Pleiades, the creation of mankind and the arrival of teaching and knowledge, in this regard i shall begin with a consideration of the Babylonian epic of Atra Husis.

This mythos embellishes the earlier accounts of the creation of mankind by Enki from clay of Eridu and Southern Mesopotamia by including a sacrificial God into the mix, that denoted 'intelligence'

In this version there are seven Male and Seven Female first created, including the sacrificed God that makes for a tradition based upon the number fifteen, and i think it no accident that the figurines within the Ship of Heaven number fifteen.

It is Nintu the birth Goddess that is responsible for the creation.

Nintu made her voice heard
And spoke to the great gods,

On the first, seventh, and fifteenth of the month
I shall make a purification by washing.
Then one god should be slaughtered.
And the gods can be purified by immersion.
Nintu shall mix the clay
With his flesh and blood.
Then a god and a man
Will be mixed together in clay.

The people of clay are then created on the fifteenth day, they have the drumbeat of life within them, and the Divine spirit of the sacrificed Deity, as descendants of the Gods it can be conjectured that they also could be seen as being of clay substance.

Geshtu-E, a god who had intelligence,
They slaughtered in their assembly.
Nintu mixed clay
with his flesh and blood.

They heard the drumbeat forever after.
A ghost came into existence from the god's flesh,
and she proclaimed it as his living sign.
The ghost existed so as not to forget the slain god.

After she had mixed that clay,
She called up the Anunnaki, the great gods.
The Igigi, the great gods,
Spat spittle upon the clay

It can be seen then that all the Annunaki put something of their essence into the mix, and production begins;

Far sighted Enki and wise Mami
Went into the room of fate.
The womb-goddesses were assembled.
He trod the clay in her presence;
She kept reciting an incantation,
When she had finished her incantation,
She pinched off fourteen pieces of clay,
And set seven pieces on the right,
Seven on the left.
Between them she put down a mud brick

Called up the wise and knowledgeable
Womb goddesses, seven and seven.
Seven created males,
Seven created females,
For the womb goddess is creator of fate

In considering the identity of the Goddess/Queen within the ship of Heaven, this can only be understood as an early Cow/Bull Goddess type after the likes oF Inanna from Sumeria, or Hathor from Egypt, and that the seven maidens of the Pleiades were as her attendants.

Inanna in Sumeria did possess the 'Ship of Heaven' and also was commonly seen in association with the Bull of Heaven, and the gateway into the Heavens that was also seen above were the Pleiades are found, this tradition also carried through into Indus Valley culture, were the Pleiades are symbolized by a fish.

When the bed is laid out in their house,
A wife and her husband shall choose each other.
Inanna shall rejoice in the wife-husband relationship
In the father-in-law's house.
Celebration shall last nine days,
And they shall call Inanna "Ishhara".
On the fifteenth day, the fixed time of fate

The Pleiades seem to have been represented by a fish throughout the greater Dravidian region, as in the Elamite iconography from Jiroft in Iran it is also represented thus.

This seems to have caused confusion in later times in that those from the Pleaides were understood as fish people, the Apkallu or seven sages, who interbred with humanity to create a Priesthood that gradually lost their fishy qualities, but in reality it was simply a configuration of the constellation.

The tradition remained then of the seven male sages and the seven attendants of Inanna, it was just not so apparent that they were of the same origin and related.

The principle of instruction and cleansing in later rites of exorcism was important, and it can be seen that cultures that had the clay figurine tradition developed well in the arts, developed proto-scripts, in the case of the Vinca culture (the earliest), the Indus valley, Elamites and Sumerians.

"Where are the seven sages of the depths, those sacred fish, who, like Ea their lord, are perfect in sublime wisdom, the ones who cleansed my person?

The constellation Pleiades often seen represented in Near Eastern art could be refered to in the sense of 'Foundation', perhaps referring specifically to Alcyone, and certainly the seven sages would be placed within the foundations of buildings for their protective and inspirational qualities, within special clay bricks.

They were understood as being from the deep waters of the Abzu, but this in the sense of the waters that were above.

They could also be represented as winged beings rather than fishy, but in general i prefer the tradition of their arrival by boat, with their female counterparts. These traditions did find their way into esoteric writings in a not so obvious way, for example the Feast of Wagy involving the sacrifice of Osiris would take place on the fifteenth day of the first month, with a subsequent three day festival leading to his resurrection, the last supper of Christ also taking place on the fifteenth day of the first month, following the Passover, the sacrificed God that creates man anew.

edit on Kam13113vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
S&F

The faces in sculpture pics after the 2nd are intriguing!

And how does the exhibit seem to float the sumerian statuettes in midair?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

The face of the Goddess or Queen herself is very similar to Ain Ghazal figurines from Syria;

The crew are very much in the Indus valley tradition for clay figurines;

How are the Ubaid figurines appearing to float, not so sure, magic maybe...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Cool stuff Kantz. I enjoyed reading it. As always, a good presentation.

Do you take the notion of "the slaughtered god" as literal, or metaphorical for his donation of DNA(flesh and blood) to the new species? I ask because I find it interesting that in the movie Prometheus, it was the death of one of those who created us, that gave us life, eventually. So it seems this scenario was played out on the silver screen.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Fascinating, The exagertaed head with the large low eyes and over sized nose is also interesting and could be a depiction of either some kind of head dress or else something not intended to represent human, look's like no ET description that I have heard of from today though, As you know the pleides are a relative very young star group, litterally a stella nursery that has dissipated it's gas and dust cloud but one thing everyone missed when they stay "There could not be time for an indiginous race to have evolved there", what if before the ancient supernova in the region where the pleidies formed there was an older star and the denizens of an older civilization began a great journey as sub light speed's to escape the impending supernova, indeed there journey taking long enough for the gas and dust of the supernova to have coalesced into the seven sisters we see today and the many smaller and less bright objects we do not, who knows such a hypothetical space ark may even have eventually turned around to seed the new star systems.

edit on 14-1-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It's interesting in seeing the consistency of Bull symbology in relation to the Pleiades as the Constellation of Taurus is quite close in position to the Seven Sisters.

In Greek Mythology, we also have the story of Europa who was abducted by Jove in the form of a Bull.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I think so yes, the tradition of course of mankind as clay reflects the fact that our substance is entirely of the Earth transformed through natural process, given the tradition of descent from the Apkallu in terms of a Priesthood that gradually lost the fish qualities i think the suggestion is clearly there of inter-breeding.

Whether a God was killed in the actual making, and all the other Annunaki spat in the clay is of course most likely symbolism, though suggesting that only one particular individual was required to transmit such lineage to the first fourteen recipients, but that these were also given birth through an appropriate number of Annunaki child bearers.

Of course it's a question of when these traditions date from and how they could be understood in order to be transmitted from one generation to the next. The ship of Heaven doesn't look particularly sea-worthy let alone space-worthy, but even though dating from 3,000 Bc this narrative could have been thousands of years old, the Vinca figurines from a couple of thousand years earlier more intriguing in how they were represented.

reply to post by LABTECH767

That's a possibility

reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

The location of the Pleiades above the bull of Heaven is the understood location of the Celestial portal in Sumerian iconography, the ladder or gate being the constellation Gemini, through which Inanna can be seen associated, the same as the Indus valley Goddess and her seven attendants.

edit on Kam13113vAmerica/ChicagoTuesday1431 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh so cute! I told you these were my favourites and now you make a thread about them. They're awesome aren't they?

Esoterically the boat and ensemble are very straight forward, it is the arrival of Spring.

Taurus is one of the constellations of the zodiac, which means it is crossed by the plane of the ecliptic. Its name is a Latin word meaning "bull", and its astrological symbol is a stylized bull's head: Taurus.svg (Unicode ♉). Taurus is a large and prominent constellation in the northern hemisphere's winter sky. It is one of the oldest constellations, dating back to at least the Early Bronze Age when it marked the location of the Sun during the spring equinox. Taurus came to symbolize the bull in the mythologies of Ancient Babylon, Egypt and Greece.

en.wikipedia.org...

Time to get planting and resurrecting that god...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Magnificient!!! And a well deserved bump!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I live in Washington D.C.. The Washington Monument points directly to the Pleiades. The bull is utilized, because the Pleiades is in the constellation of Taurus. In Cherokee oral traditions, beings known as TLA rode a sound wave to Earth from the Pleiades star cluster. They came out through a wormhole in Tennesee. Supposedly, we are all decended from the Cherokee. Maby that's why they were known as Ani-Kituhwah "the principle people".

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

That's an aspect of it, not an explanation in full, as the figurine tradition pre-dates such configuration, but certainly at the period the New Year celebrated at the Spring equinox had such connotations, the foundation.

An horizon observed event, which is why the mountain of the horizon is seen in conjunction with bull in the Elamite tradition, but also seen is the watery pathway that links the two horizon.

They are cute certainly, i'd have loved this as my Christmas toy

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

I live in Washington D.C.. The Washington Monument points directly to the Pleiades.

I mean no disrespect but is the Washington monument angled in some way that is special that I'm not aware of? It's an upright structure so unless its somehow tilted in a particular fashion wouldn't everything there be pointing basically the same direction? Just curious.

Really interesting artifacts, thanks for sharing the info I hadn't seen this before.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by drivers1492

No special angles are needed. At night, at the right time, the Pleiades are directly overhead.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Kantzveldt

That's an aspect of it, not an explanation in full, as the figurine tradition pre-dates such configuration, but certainly at the period the New Year celebrated at the Spring equinox had such connotations, the foundation.

The figurine tradition may predate it, but that particular piece of art does not...

Timeframes

Zodiacal 30 degrees:
Neil Mann interpretation: began in ca. 4300 BC and ended in ca. 2150 BC.
Patrick Burlingame interpretation: began in ca. BC 4006 and ended in ca. BC 2006
Constellation boundary year:
Shephard Simpson interpretation: began ca. 4525 BC to ca. 1875 BC

en.wikipedia.org...

The paper that you link to says the Lady of the Spiked Throne piece dates from the 3rd millenium BC. Well within that period.

Kantzveldt

They are cute certainly, i'd have loved this as my Christmas toy

Totally cute!

That'd make a really nice doorstop...or paper weight, though the desk would have to be sturdy

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oannes
reply to post by drivers1492

No special angles are needed. At night, at the right time, the Pleiades are directly overhead.

Then I'm failing to see the significance since the same would be true of any upright structure in that area correct? If I'm missing something please let me know. Perhaps if you like in a pm to avoid further thread drift.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yes as i said fine for this piece at 3,000 Bc, well within the era of Taurus rising at the Spring equinox and Leo at the summer solstice, as i tend to consider the greater tradition as dating back to the start of the Neolitihic period that would have seen Taurus rising at the Winter solstice and Leo at the spring equinox, a far better basic premise for foundation, in terms of the solar year and a pale Moon Princess arriving to marry the Sun, associate with the first full moon on the fifteenth day, but times move on...that would posit the figurine tradition as begining with the man from Urfa

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. I've had an interest in the Pleiades for a while now. It's interesting to note that Pleione is sometimes referred to as the "sailing queen".

Across this wide ocean...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

What is the 7th picture down in your op? Is it sculpted brick?

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I saw the thread title and thought there might be some news about the luggage for flight 4013.
The Stewardess said we would have to wait and pick up our suitcase at airport security in Love.

And they didn't offer us free coffee even!

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Cattle/bull worship goes back a VERY long way in history. Many cultures including the Minoans and early Greeks worshiped the Bull. I do not believe it had anything to do with aliens from the Pleiades. I won't get into it because of the T&C's -- but do some Google searches on why ancient man may have worshiped cattle.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join