It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Thomas and Phoenix,

Now a volunteer arm forces have not choice as where their commanding in chief sends them but the ones that chose not to go in the service like Mr. Phoenix here should not be force to do it.

No for any unjustly war anyway.

Marg I'm nominating you for Secretary of State instead of Ms Rice, that way I'll never have to worry about fighting in a foreign land (nor will anyone else younger than I) - no I'll just have to sit tight and wait for "them" to come here
to fight the "just" war.

Think about the reductions in military spending when we no longer need the logistical train - you are brilliant in finding a way to afford drafting many more to fight at home instead of the wasteful method of fighting at long range in other lands.

Since I already own arms equal to what is used there are further savings to be realized and training for markmanship will be minimal.

Go! Marg............

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
It will soon become a loud banging and eventually a total kick down the door scenario,,,,YOUR GOIN BOY!!! FALL OUT!!!!!

Man With Pot Given Choice: Jail or Military
www.kron.com...
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) -- A Salinas man will have to choose between going to jail or joining the military as his punishment for possession of marijuana.
A judge surprised both the prosecution and defense yesterday when he told Brian Barr that he could avoid a jail term by enlisting in the military.

Humm.... Don't you know this has been happening since....humm...forever?.....

Quite a few times judges will give the accused, if he is found guilty, the chance of either joining that military, normally the Marines, or going to jail....

This is nothing new, you people just want to make it sound like it is....the same thing with the journalists "being sent to jail"......

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
---edited for doule post---

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It that makes me anti american I don't give a darn about it they are my flesh and I did not bring them to this world to die for something I don't believe in.

Shouldn't that be their choice?....Have you asked them?... My parents did not very much like the idea of me joining the military, but i did....it was my decision.....

They are of age Marg, and they have a right to decide by themselves.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The only attempt at creating a draft was done by a Democrat. The draft was a false rumor, or lie if you will, floated by Kerry's people. The election is over. It's time for the lies to stop. These lies are destroying our nation. We all know what lies were told so give up. Its and insult to the honest intelegent people on this board.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Any body that voluteer in the service have my most humble approval, I have nothing against a voluteer army.

To defend our nation, not to invade another country for the wrong reasons.

Now Pheonix, my mother is in politics she has been for years and she holds office. (Back home in PR) since I was a child I know how is to be involved in political bs.

Yes, she is pro republican.

So, I have not reason to run, but I am very happy that you will back me up

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just curious if anybody knows how this works
I am still on the Individual Ready Reserve List
does that mean that we go back first or does that not
matter with the draft any information willbe helpful..
thanks

I am not all that worried about it if I have to go
just trying to get my finances and domestic life in order before
I have to go. I will say this I am in my early 30's and I will go back in if they call
just so I can comeback to ATS and complain about the government.
These are the freedoms I will fight for..

And you know it is true I can still remember my Drill Seargents Names
all of them and yes we had the card you could pull out if you were stressed
but we took a vote and we all threw them away. I am sure that you
Marines will note my fathers disapointment when I joined the Army.
(he was still Proud that I served)

geo

[edit on 11/21/2004 by geocom]

[edit on 11/21/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samhain

I think our government has ordered our troops into an illegal war.id like our armed forces to go tell bush and cheney to go #@&! themselves. This is my country too,and im More than willing to fight and die for it,im just trying to figure out who my enemy is.

I really don't think that the majority of our troops would tell their commander in chief to go #@&! themself. If im not mistaken, our troops backed bush something like 4 to 1 in this past election. If you ask the troops in Iraq now, they might not think the war is about what it was intentionally about, finding WMD's, ousting saddam, etc, but they still back their commander in chief 100%. They are only doing what they are told.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by IamIronMan]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I just turned 19 and although I don't agree with the war in Iraq, I have actually been trying to enlist into the military since I turned 18. My only hinderance is I have a felony juvenile record. I believe with a draft that will not be a problem though. I personally just want to get out into the world and you know, meet the people do not submit to everything their leader tells them to do and then complain about it. Hell I may choose to stay in whatever country I visit or move to Europe or whatever you know. Joining the military is a great way to travel and see for yourself where it might actually be better off to live the rest of your life.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
DYepes,
Your getting ready to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. You won't like most of the world. Most of the Earths population makes less in a year than an average worker here makes in a week. Imagine trying to support a family on a few hundred dollars a year? Many countrys have only two classes. Rich and very poor. We call them free countries but they are not, at least by our standards. Many countries teach propoganda in their schools instead of the truth. "The first step towards freedom is an education. The easiest way to control people is to keep them uneducated and poor so that they are dependant on the government for survival. Take everything you read on this site with a grain of salt. Many people here have a hidden agenda and will tell any lie to get you to do what they want. Our bookstores are full of propoganda and lies. One of the side effects of freedom of speech is that you need to verify facts before you believe them. People from all over the world risk life and limb to try and make it to our shores because they know that here they have a chance. Your allready in the greatest nation on earth. Take pride in where you live. Most of the negative remarks your reading are caused by envy. You live in a place where you can work and study hard a build a fortune of your own. In many other so called free countries you have to be born into the right family to have any chance at success.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

It that makes me anti american I don't give a darn about it they are my flesh and I did not bring them to this world to die for something I don't believe in.

Shouldn't that be their choice?....Have you asked them?... My parents did not very much like the idea of me joining the military, but i did....it was my decision.....

They are of age Marg, and they have a right to decide by themselves.

I'm with marg, there is no way in hell I'll allow any of my children or grandchildren to join Bush's insanity. My oldest son said something the other day about the war,......... I told him to get any silly ideas he's having out of his head, he has three kids that need him because their mother isn't worth the breathe to say her name as far as being a mother to those kids,...... I told him HE'S NOT JOINING BUSH'S INSANITY,...... I'll take him (my son) out of this world first since I brought him into it before I'll let dumb-f@ck have him.

IBM

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Im sorry nana, but you dont own your son, he is a US citizen and must follow US Law. The govenment owns your son. Sorry. Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IBM
Im sorry nana, but you dont own your son, he is a US citizen and must follow US Law. The govenment owns your son. Sorry. Have a nice day.

That's a pretty sad fact too. We the citizens of the United States has to follow US Law, but George W Bush can break all the laws he wants and commit war-crimes. Bush can kiss my _ _ _ _.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I always find it saddening, the cowardice that never goes away, no matter how many times it is proven wrong.
I read of �Bush�s insanity�, as if Bush attacked the U.S. time and time again, as if Bush started what he is now intending to end. Refusal to admit facts is no longer in play, it now boils down to cowardice. I see now that the days when young men were taught strength from their mothers, when they were told to come back with their shields or not at all, are gone. At least in some family bloodlines that is the fact, and that is sad.

The same cowardice was displayed in the 80�s when Reagan was intending to put an end to what other administrations had learned to cowardly accept � the continued threat of the ever growing Soviet Empire. Yea, many a liberal coward called him insane, a dunce, a threat to civilization. In the end, Reagan was the reason for the demise to the great threat, and in the end, those who fought him every step of the way declared �we� won the Cold War.

Today, in spite of lucidity and in spite of all we now know, cowards call this �Bush�s war. This isn�t Bush�s War, this is America�s struggle against those who are Hell-bent to destroy us. Finally, we have a president who is willing to acknowledge what I have realized for years � the fact that there are those who hate us, hate our way of life and want us d-e-d dead. This is OUR war. I say OUR, because when, and I do mean WHEN, we are victorious, all of you will say, �We won!� You�ll once again forget that you were on the wrong side of history � as usual.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What laws has Bush broken, Nan? Give a list, please. I'm tired of these wild assertions based on nothing but rumor, theory and lack of knowledge. Do you have any?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Marj, you keep on taqlking about an "unjustly" war. Do you understand that the war we are currently fighting is not as clear-cut as say, WWII? Even then, there were people who didn't get it, and wanted to take the cowardly way out. This war is even more complicated, the enemy more cloaked and it is even easier for people to run and hide from the truth. Why don't you try and see the connection, understand the threat and realize that we have a brazen enemy and he wants you dead. He wants my son dead, my friedns, tot...and he uses deception and lies better than any enemy ever before. Find some courage and stand behind the nation. Quit whining every step of the way.

kix

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Ol papa Bush said:

READ MY LIPS...NO new taxes...and then he raised them (after a really nice recesion)

Junior said in 2000 that he did not forsee any problems with economy, and then when all hell broke loose he SAID " I never imagined we would have this TRIFECTA....

now he faced the camera and said NO DRAFT...

It chills me because who know who these guys are up to to justify a very probable draft....

All cowards and draft dodgers are welcome in Mexico (wouldnt be nice that the flow of illegals were th e reverse at least for a month????

Good luck...seems you are going to need it

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There are those that are gun-ho on this war in Iraq and think that everything that George Bush Jr. and Dick Cheney has done these past four years,......... are just wonderful, thats your opionion and your right, those that feel that way need to re-inlist or join.

My father is a Korea Veteran with a honorable discharge, and is so P.O'd at what Bush and Cheney has done to our country that he took his name off of the Iowa voters registery, he said he wasted four years of his life fighting in the Korea war as a volunteer-inlist seeing whats been going on for the past four years under Bush/Cheney, he said he didn't give four years just so two men that avoided Vietnam any way they could, could take over OUR country he fought hard to preserve and destroy what he and other soldiers fought for and other soldiers died for, and I whole-heartedly agree with my father for the first time in my life.

America----- Home of the Free and land of the brave,.......... we're not free not when the Gov't owns us,......... and I don't call what Bush did by attacking Iraq, a country that WAS NOT a Threat to us and had NO part in the attack on our Nation,.......... brave. How can we have pride in our Nation when Bush took us to war on lies,

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Today, in spite of lucidity and in spite of all we now know, cowards call this �Bush�s war. This isn�t Bush�s War, this is America�s struggle against those who are Hell-bent to destroy us. Finally, we have a president who is willing to acknowledge what I have realized for years � the fact that there are those who hate us, hate our way of life and want us d-e-d dead. This is OUR war. I say OUR, because when, and I do mean WHEN, we are victorious, all of you will say, �We won!� You�ll once again forget that you were on the wrong side of history � as usual.

It does seem to be our "destiny" to repeat the mistakes of the past. Some of the things I read on this site scare me. If this is how people really feel I fear for this countries survival. Or maybe it's just youth. I get the feeling that many people posting here are much younger than they are representing. This generation, until now, has never paid a price for what they have. They believe all the propoganda being fed to them by people who have other agendas. I'm sure our enemys are thrilled by all of this. History does repeat. Topics like the one on this thread, sound very much like the ones that caused us to enter into WW2 later than we should have. If our leaders had had the courage to go against popular opinion before Austria millions of lives may have been saved. I think the same is true now. How many lives would have been saved had action been taken after the first Trade Center bombing? Now we pay the price for our stupidity. Until I watched the Trade Center come down I was braindead. I'm woke up now though.

IBM

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I always find it saddening, the cowardice that never goes away, no matter how many times it is proven wrong.
I read of �Bush�s insanity�, as if Bush attacked the U.S. time and time again, as if Bush started what he is now intending to end. Refusal to admit facts is no longer in play....

Very well put, Excellent. I wish I could vote way above for you, but I dont see the thing. Guess mods dont have it.

Large Quote trimmed by TC

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join