It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It will soon become a loud banging and eventually a total kick down the door scenario,,,,YOUR GOIN BOY!!! FALL OUT!!!!!

Man With Pot Given Choice: Jail or Military
www.kron.com...
SALINAS, Calif. (AP) -- A Salinas man will have to choose between going to jail or joining the military as his punishment for possession of marijuana.
A judge surprised both the prosecution and defense yesterday when he told Brian Barr that he could avoid a jail term by enlisting in the military.

Government looking at military draft lists
By ALMA WALZER
The Monitor
www.brownsvilleherald.com...
The Selective Service System (SSS) and the U.S. Department of Education now are gearing up to compare their computer records, to make sure all men between the ages of 18 and 25 who are required to register for a military draft have done so.

The SSS and the education department will begin comparing their lists on Jan. 1, 2005, according to a memo authored by Jack Martin, acting Selective Service director.

Whats my point?

You been had my friend. Remember,,,No Draft

[edit on 20-11-2004 by project_pisces]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I say the draft will start in march 15 that is my predictions we are going to need a lot of bodies to replaced the fiasco war in Iraq.

And lets not forget that we have to get ready for Iran.

We need all the bodies we can get.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Question:

Why would half the nation the ones that voted against bush have thier children sent to war due to some patetic draft?

My opion is half them Freaking REPULICANS or Reptilians send thier children it would only be fair and the very best intrest of the nation....

Reps show your honor and sacrafice your young for the the very nation that you solely, love...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I wanted to post a thread on this but I wasn't sure where to put it. This seems to be as good a place as any. I wanted to pose a question to the "of age" members here. If a draft is imposed by good ole Dubbya, will you be one to stand up and serve your country, even if you don't believe its the right war to be fighting??? Or will you be a draft dodger running to canada?

IMO, I will stand up and fight for our country.

[edit on 11/20/2004 by IamIronMan]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamIronMan
does seem that there are many "anti-American" Americans who post on this site. What I want to ask to all of these said "anti-American"'s is this. If a draft is imposed by good ole Dubbya, will you be one to stand up and serve your country?? Or will you be a draft dodger running to canada?

First of all what do you define as anti american?

And I will have to remind you that Canada is out of the question.

And are you of draft age?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Please see my edited question.

Yes I am of draft age. I am 21 years old and a senior in college. I graduate this may, and I am probably one of the first people to be drafted because of this. I won't be able to use college as an excuse to not be drafted. I will be out of college and into the "real world" as they say. I have no problems with answering the call of duty. Every generation of my family has fought in an American Conflict since WWII. I would feel it my duty to answer the call that my grandfather, father, uncles, and cousins have answered so many times before.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Drafts are stupid, im ted and im 14 and i will flee to canada if the government tells me to go and die for my country. The hell with that. I dont want to die.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Not just draft ages folks....People that have been out of military for 13 years and reactivated. Men that are 50-60 years of age going over due to their expertise.

Guy in Hawaii that has been out for 13 years is being recalled and is trying to fight it

retired and old military being activated
Look around here
www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
army vetrans are stupid

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Well I served with my husband as a military wife for 22 years and I was on my own while he spend 18 months in the first gulf war.

I don't agree with the conflict in Iraq and I feel is none justify.

I also happend to have two children of draft age, one daughter 20 that is a in her third year in college and an 18 year old son so as you can see I am very much against having my son and daughter die for the war crazy President we have right now.

It that makes me anti american I don't give a darn about it they are my flesh and I did not bring them to this world to die for something I don't believe in.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The college near me, wth 10,000+ students, is now having meetings, discussions, etc, about conscientious objector status and what it really means in terms of the draft. That same article (I have in print, not sure where the online version is) mentions that from the time a draft is enacted, imposed, whatever the term is, to the time one of those students is on a bus to boot camp, is 13 days

So if these warmongers want more cannon-fodder, look for you, your family, your neighbors and friends to be gone in 13 days. American or anti-amerikan, going off to kill and die for stupid reasons is stupid. Hopefully there will be enough reasonable voices speaking up for sanity.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
"Military Draft is knocking gently at the door for now."

Especially as its becoming more and more apparent that iraq cant be won without a draft.
I dont think anyone of draft age will be able to avoid it.
A draft would cause civil armed unrest.
IMHO

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
What is a "good" reason to go to war?? I don't support dubbya's war in iraq, but I'm just curious to some of you saying that its dumb to go to war. When would be a good time to go to war, and for what reason? War is an ugly, ugly thing and I don't think that there will ever be a time when a war somewhere in the world isn't happening. My whole point of posting my question about will you go? or will you run? was to get an idea of how you would feel if you got that little letter in the mail? You speak out against the war, and bush... Would you still speak out against this all as you dress out in your BDU's with your M-16 handed to you as you walk onto the transport plane taking you to baghdad? Or will you run away from your civil duty?

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by powerlite
army vetrans are stupid

I'm sorry. How old are you again? Go read a military history book in your school library. Do you even know what a veteran is? If you think that army veterans are stupid, you need to seriously rethink what you are saying. It is your right to have this opinion, but why do you think you have this right? OH, thats right, for the men and boys who fought and died for you to be able to keep your freedom of speech. Please, before you bash the men and women who have fought, and died to serve our country, so that we can live our lives as FREE citizens, think before you speak.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   

What is a "good" reason to go to war?? I don't support dubbya's war in iraq, but I'm just curious to some of you saying that its dumb to go to war. When would be a good time to go to war, and for what reason? War is an ugly, ugly thing and I don't think that there will ever be a time when a war somewhere in the world isn't happening. My whole point of posting my question about will you go? or will you run? was to get an idea of how you would feel if you got that little letter in the mail? You speak out against the war, and bush... Would you still speak out against this all as you dress out in your BDU's with your M-16 handed to you as you walk onto the transport plane taking you to baghdad? Or will you run away from your civil duty?

The war in iraq is a scamm,and if they enact the draft,ill do everything i can to help any friend or family member thats needs my help.even if that means helping them hide.let the warmongers go to war.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
if a draft were to happen and i am legal age to go to war im 18. I asked my father if there was going to be a draft and he said no and if there was a draft he'd move the family to england as my parents are legal aliens and have full british citzenship.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
How is answering your call of duty to your country in any way, shape, or form being a war monger? The war might not be for the right reasons, but what about the men and women there. Are they war mongers? I think not. They are only doing what they are told. If they enact a draft to relieve them I think that everyone able to join should do so. We are in a time of war, (and it doesnt matter if its a good war, bad war, or bass ackwards war) and we should all answer the call put upon us. I'm sure that there were many people like you during the vietnam era.... a war that was at least 50x's worse than the Iraq war has been thus far, in terms of american death tolls and on the same page as being a nonsensical war. People tried to dodge the draft and flee the country... I don't think this is right. If there are so many people who don't like America and her policies....and even her misguided information leading to nonsensical wars.... I say to you, Leave my country. If you aren't willing to fight for her, you don't need to live here. Go live in canada, or england, or any other place besides here.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Agreed IamIronMan,

I am not yet 18 years of age, but if the draft is re-enstated when I become of age, I will join our troops. My only questions are, in what ways will the draft selection change from the past, and will we still be able to choose which branch i.e. army, navy, air force, we would like to go into?

-Dagger

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   

How is answering your call of duty to your country in any way, shape, or form being a war monger? The war might not be for the right reasons, but what about the men and women there. Are they war mongers? I think not. They are only doing what they are told. If they enact a draft to relieve them I think that everyone able to join should do so. We are in a time of war, (and it doesnt matter if its a good war, bad war, or bass ackwards war) and we should all answer the call put upon us. I'm sure that there were many people like you during the vietnam era.... a war that was at least 50x's worse than the Iraq war has been thus far, in terms of american death tolls and on the same page as being a nonsensical war. People tried to dodge the draft and flee the country... I don't think this is right. If there are so many people who don't like America and her policies....and even her misguided information leading to nonsensical wars.... I say to you, Leave my country. If you aren't willing to fight for her, you don't need to live here. Go live in canada, or england, or any other place besides here.

I support our TROOPS,not the government that has put them in harms way.
I think our government has ordered our troops into an illegal war.id like our armed forces to go tell bush and cheney to go #@&! themselves.
This is my country too,and im More than willing to fight and die for it,im just trying to figure out who my enemy is.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Its not our war....

It's the BUSH ADmin. that is at war, and to all our fellow Americans that have past R.I.P.

But I say stop this with his THUGGISH WAYS (BUSH)
Just like that basketball game some idiot leader (Wallace)
got the whole stadium thinking his foul was just and all hell broke loose, that exactlly where Bush wants to lead the United States,

and as far as me leaving you I'll fight for my land here on my land against my enemy , with my American flag in hand against you which your the anti civilist...

and using DAUSARMY as a user name is a discgrace idiot....
Besides what is DA in your user name?

get them kids back home and your voice is herd world wide you are definite inhuman your IDOLIZE the faulse prohet Mr. BUSH do you know his G.O.D is money? the GUARDIAN OF DESTRUCTION and his lies has led you to follow him the Anti-Christ !!!!!

For another reason why is religion his call of war, because that will only make the devil proud....SO DAUSARMY are you a proud devil worshipper?

[edit on 21-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

[edit on 21-11-2004 by Thomas Crowne]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join