It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The iPotty: Just when you think things couldn't get any weirder

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Looking further into it I do see your concern. There is always our ability to abuse things and this is abusing our time. Around here I've heard a lot of sayings and one that comes to mind is "$%&* or get off the pot" and I suppose that makes sense when talking about the I-Potty.

I do think there is something biologically that is stimulated when you use the restroom. This is why we have the urge to read.

link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

LOL. Potty chairs are usually only used for a short period of time until the kid gets the idea of sitting and going somewhere specific. I can see this iPotty being used until the kid is in junior high.....

link   

FissionSurplus
reply to post by FarleyWayne

Don't you fret, Farley, the adult version is probably already in the works. Awesome way to get extra e-Coli bacteria on the touch screen.

yep...wipe, touch....wipe, touch. Maybe they come with antibacterial hand wipes.

Des

link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Where did you get that picture!? You hacked my computer, didn't you!?

*Hangs head in shame.*

ETA: Oops. I didn't see justreleased beat me to it.

edit on 1/13/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ugh. One more step toward idiocracy. Anything to prevent having to talk to your kids...

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

FissionSurplus
reply to post by VegHead

...What if they're sitting on the couch and there's a Pavlovian response to using the iPad? Try teaching them what the potty is for first, and then deal with the issue of "I'm on the toilet for 30 seconds and I'm bored" later.

Very funny point! That Pavlovian response thing can happen.
When my daughter was almost two, she was pretty good at using the potty but needed a reminder to try frequently as she was still learning how to read her own body signals. So we had a kitchen timer that would buzz every hour - and she'd know it was time to go and try the potty again.

In this midst of this time, our family went to an older cousin's hockey game. The buzzer used at the rink sounded a lot like our kitchen timer. So every 10 minutes or so, the rink's buzzer would go off and our little girl would say "I gotta go use the potty!" And we'd have to run to the toilet with her. She amazingly actually used it successfully three out of five times over the course of the game - despite the fact that the buzzer sounded in pretty quick succession!

So, yeah... Pavlovian response in relation to potty training can definitely happen!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yeah the more I think about it I'm seeing your way of looking at it. Jokes aside this could be part of the precursor to every facility having monitors to view advertisements and such.
Some places I pump gas have monitors playing the news and commercials. I guess we have become a society so lazy we can't be bored. I'm guilty myself.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I think this will be a huge hit in many young upwardly-mobile households where both parents work and they don't want to deal with their kids when they get home, but the day care said little Johnny has to be potty trained soon or they're upping the cost for changing diapers on a three year old.

There are many types of dysfunction, and neglect is one of them. Good post.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Malynn
Ugh. One more step toward idiocracy. Anything to prevent having to talk to your kids...

I see a whole new field of child psychology growing out of this idiotic product. Kids who can't have a bowel movement unless they have a screen in front of them. Instead of a shy bladder, they'll be diagnosed with unstimulated colon.

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

ROFL......having to go to the doctor and explain that little Johnny's iPad broke and now he won't go number two. First world problems of the future.....

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
This aint nothing new, when I do my thing, I bring the ipad into the bathroom and respond to threads here

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Better yet. Make it an all inclusive baby sitter. Add a food tray like a high chair, on a side swing arm. Only have to take the kids off off to sleep.

Approved by Helicopter Moms of Amazon...

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

HomerinNC
This aint nothing new, when I do my thing, I bring the ipad into the bathroom and respond to threads here

My crush on you just flew out the door .

Des

edit on 13-1-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Destinyone

HomerinNC

My crush on you just flew out the window....

Des

The crapper???

You STILL love me anyhow

edit on 1/13/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No, I tried to write window, but it wouldn't show as that word. Had to change it to door after 3 tries.

Des

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

HomerinNC

I suspect that many posters do that, which can explain some of the quality of their posts.

Seriously, it's one thing for an adult to amuse themselves in various ways while on the potty....a bit different to train a kid that they have to be using the iPad when they have to go.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

There is no way a classroom and a teacher can compete with this.

Take it from a teacher, it's a constant battle! Even though they're not allowed to have their cell phones out, they're constantly trying to text under their desks, use their desktop computers to play games, or use it to watch sports videos when they should be using it for their assignment.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Uh, how much is the ... ADULT Version ???
reply to post by FarleyWayne

Lol, and it would probably be a top seller!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So do something to make the class interesting.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There are too many people running around without potty training. It's a problem no one wants to talk about. Maybe this miraculous invention will help!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join