It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Ever happened to Zach De La Rocha?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Would also suggest the album No Spiritual Surrender by the band Inside Out as that was the band Zach was in prior to RAtM.

It's not that far off from how they sounded on some songs.

Sort of like Danzig transitioning from Samhain to Danzig on albums 1-4.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Rage got back together a few years ago. ZDR is still around. He didn't go anywhere.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by firesnake

Man I love del.

posted on Jan, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bluesma

But in any case, how long can a person scream out against the rich and powerful, while being rich and powerful...???
edit on 12-1-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

That's a misconception. He has never spoken out against anyone for simply being rich. Being rich and powerful isn't a problem. How do you use your power? How did you come across your riches? Where you a predatory banker who got rich #ing people over? Where you a politician that sold out your country to the highest bidder? Those are the people Zach speaks out against. He doesn't speak out against the small business owner who busted his ass and earned it honorably.

It's like these politicians who use buzz words like "politics of envy" in an attempt to deflect questions about their shady earnings, and swiss bank accounts that help them avoid their fair share of taxes. It ain't envy, it's a valid question.

He is in no way a hypocrite for being rich. He'd only be a hypocrite if he got rich by screwing the rest of us over, and as far as I could tell he got rich by challenging people to think. I respect that.
edit on 20-1-2014 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

Hm. I didn't think I was calling him a hypocrite, though I guess reflecting on my words, I can see that it might sound that way.
My thought was more along the lines of- how can you speak out against people that you must move amongst, deal with, have inter-dependant relations with, without that eventually becoming a problem?

Small business owners don't have much to do with the kind of money that is being generated in multinational corporations as is common in Irvine- those industries are pretty much the anti-thesis to the small business owner.

I bet not many of the powerful and rich he has to deal with in the music industry are small business owners either (though they may exist, at a certain point in the rise of the band, they were probably not dealing with those little guys much?).

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Hey man, great input. It makes sense to kind of fade out of the picture, so to speak, than to have to carry the mantle. When people try to push a message, they tend to be compromised. Just think of all the politicians out there. They may start out idealistic. Then they become jaded and conform. As long as they are taken care of. The machine creates pure apathy. Guess that's why you should rage against it, huh?

Anyhow, I found something pretty stupid but funny at the same time. I appreciate all who have provided positive input. Realize this link is made up BS, funny though.

ZDLR Uncyclopedia

Zack de la tosser (aka the worst part of the article)

is a mexican immigrant that cant get a half decent job so decides to complain about the american government treating his ugly retarded people like horse #,, which they are P.S im not racict i just dislike mexicans. hes often found jumping around on the stage with his gay boy band RATM. (Racicit against america total mongaloids) their followers are mostly dumbass teens that think they know everything about politics but they dont. in conclusion ratm Are dicks especially the smelly mexiacan imigrant zack de la tosser

Me thinks I'd put a jihad on these guys....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join