It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waitress Gets $6,000 Tip for Saying All the Right Things

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
A cheerful 18-year-old waitress at a Nebraska Cracker Barrel has even more to smile about after a couple of customers left her a $6,000 tip.
During their meal the two men questioned Abigail Sailors, who has spent nearly her entire life in foster care, as to why she was so happy.
What the 18-year-old told them moved the anonymous tippers so much that one immediately got out his check book.

Once she was done unfurling her the story of her life so far before complete strangers, she moved on to talk of what's to come.

Abigail was excited about having completed her first semester at North Dakota's Trinity Bible College, but was uncertain if she could continue attending due to a lack of funds.

The mysterious patrons had heard enough: One of the two men, who was a Trinity alum, took out his checkbook and promptly wrote Abigail a tuition check for $5,000. He then wrote another $1,000 for supplies and necessities.

Then, at the end of the meal, he left behind an extra $100 tip, which Abigail shared with a fellow server.

"I couldn't believe it," Sailors is quoted as saying. "I tried to thank them, and they said, 'Thank God.'"

Chatty Waitress Gets $6,000 Tip

A car crash that occurred when she was still an infant incapacitated her mother and forced her and her four siblings to be placed in a foster home after their biological father was deemed an unfit parent.

Despite a difficult past Abigail is optimistic about her future and grateful to her current foster parents for finally offering her stability

Now she will be able to go back to school and play basketball thanks to the generosity of this stranger.

Lincoln waitress receives the tip of a lifetime

edit on 10-1-2014 by snarky412 because: add link

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Awesome!

Hebrews 13:2 - Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

The verse seems to fit in with this artcle quite nicely I think. There is always room for a feel good news story. I am glad she will get to further her education, and I am glad that there are people out there that still do nice things... just because.

She could have let her traumatic childhood be an excuse to NOT succeed and be angry with the world. She didn't and was rewarded handsomely. Good for her.

S&F

edit on 1/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The verse seems to fit in with this story quite nicely I think. There is always room for a feel good news story. I am glad she will get to further her education, and I am glad that there are people out there that still do nice things... just because.

She could have let her traumatic childhood be an excuse to NOT succeed and be angry with the world. She didn't and was rewarded handsomely. Good for her.

That's why people like her stand out because they don't cater to the 'woe is me' crap that so many get caught up in

She had just finished her first semester at Trinity Bible College in North Dakota, where she’s studying youth ministry and psychology.

But she’s paying her own way, and didn’t have enough money for the spring semester. So she was saving her wages and tips to add to her financial aid, and planned to return next fall. She was thinking about taking online courses until then.

I think it's a wonderful outcome
The Lord works in mysterious ways

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
All these Stories should help Servers to understand that they are serving. I have been at plenty of Establishments where just a simple task to get some napkins or silverware is a hassle. But, what if I had 7,000 in cash in my pocket even though I didn't look like I did, what would the Waitress do than.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure her looks had absolutely nothing to do with it.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Indeed He does. I am a firm believer in "no coincidences".

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Here we go again!

Those despicable Christians actually performing acts of kindness unto others . . . . .

When will the madness end!?

-FBB

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

dainoyfb

Right? Hey i think i saw her dancing at The Night Before a couple weeks ago. Man what those girls would do for a dollar! lol

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
IRS door kicker raid to follow....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

This is a heart warming story, I personally am not religous but I do believe in humanity. That is a trait that this not practiced by many people now a days. I wish more people would be like that, maybe then this world would be a better place for us all

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

dainoyfb

I am as cynical as they get and I can see your point, but it is a large presumption to think she received $6K just on her looks. But each to their own I suppose. I for one, tend to believe there is more good than evil (or jackassery, snobbish, etc) people in the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Whoever tipped this fine young lady is following more closely to the ideas of Jesus Christ than many of these so called 'Christians' that spouted hate and Armageddon
edit on 11-1-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Wonder if waitresses/ers nationwide will suddenly catch on?

Be happy and have a story to tell!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

She's pretty darn cute but I agree it wasn't about her looks. The tipper was an alumni from that same Christian college. Don't think it's anymore complicated than that. Unless he left his phone number with the tip.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
What if she had been a wiccan with all the same history attending a community college? Would they still have felt so charitable?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I wonder. He was helping one of his own. It doesn't hurt that the Christian image comes with the built-in reassurance that the money wouldn't be used for a nefarious reason.

edit on 11-1-2014 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'm an atheist but I do like this story

As I often say: it costs nothing to be nice, but it might just save the world (or, as in this case, make your own life that much better)

Edit: and as others have said, don't go through life blaming others for your woes, just get on with it!
edit on 11-1-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All too often, I wish this would happen outside of religious or group influence.

I do see it happen from time to time. But we would be in a better place if people didn't adhere so doggedly to these networks in their philanthropy.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

zeroBelief

All too often, I wish this would happen outside of religious or group influence.

I think it does - although it's fair to raise the question whether these custoers would have been so generous has she not been studying at a religious estabishment. I would like to think they would.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

AndyMayhew

zeroBelief

I think it does - although it's fair to raise the question whether these custoers would have been so generous has she not been studying at a religious estabishment. I would like to think they would.

That was exactly what I was implying

top topics

<<   2 >>

join