It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Climate Change Deniers, Meet Australia's Wildfire-Raging, Bat-Killing, Kangaroo-Fainting, iPad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I guess you still didn't bother to read my post int he other thread then, which explains the graphs. It is also against T&Cs to cross-post between threads, which is why I didn't source it initially.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Rezlooper

tri-lobe-1
there's a thing happening in Australia at the moment....

and we here call it......SUMMER.......

every summer is hot here....animals die...fire's burning...sometimes people die from the heat....

also our media is known to.....get this....exaggerate...scare monger....

where I'm living in Aus....it's a normal summer...

I live in Australia , it is called summer. You are full #¤% OP.

It's funny how you guys think you speak for all of Australia. Maybe you are in a part that isn't extreme but 122 degrees is definitely extreme, or do you guys always have temps this high? Just another day in the sun, hey. LOL. Bats falling out of the sky is pretty extreme, I'd say. If it's so normal, shouldn't the kangaroos be used to it and not be falling over dead, or is the news just making that up? You speak for all of Australia but every news item I read states differently. What are you afraid of admitting...what are you trying to hide? Why are you so determined to undermine the facts and the facts are clear...Australia is experiencing it's second extremely hot (above average) summer in a row.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

Ohh pffft. Firstly prehaps you yourself are not old enough to remember cycles of the past say 20-40 yrs. Research El nina and El nino. Secondly your not even in Australia yourself and thirdly I can talk for all Australian's as I am Emperor.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Rezlooper

tri-lobe-1
there's a thing happening in Australia at the moment....

and we here call it......SUMMER.......

every summer is hot here....animals die...fire's burning...sometimes people die from the heat....

also our media is known to.....get this....exaggerate...scare monger....

where I'm living in Aus....it's a normal summer...

I live in Australia , it is called summer. You are full #¤% OP.

It's funny how you guys think you speak for all of Australia. Maybe you are in a part that isn't extreme but 122 degrees is definitely extreme, or do you guys always have temps this high? Just another day in the sun, hey. LOL. Bats falling out of the sky is pretty extreme, I'd say. If it's so normal, shouldn't the kangaroos be used to it and not be falling over dead, or is the news just making that up? You speak for all of Australia but every news item I read states differently. What are you afraid of admitting...what are you trying to hide? Why are you so determined to undermine the facts and the facts are clear...Australia is experiencing it's second extremely hot (above average) summer in a row.
edit on 11-1-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

Ohh pffft. Firstly prehaps you yourself are not old enough to remember cycles of the past say 20-40 yrs. Research El nina and El nino. Secondly your not even in Australia yourself and thirdly I can talk for all Australian's as I am the Emperor.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Australia is a big place. A considerable area was hotter than normal, but some was cooler, too.

Temperature anomalies for Dec 2013

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Well I have news for you. You can reference your own posts from threads with links.

Also proper sourcing for offsite graphs or quotes is not just saying see I posted it in another thread. The post in another thread wasn't the source the source you posted in that thread is the source. You may consider it tedious but if you want to debate you need to source your info in each separate thread.

And it is great that you can reference a debate on ATS from 2009. However much has happened since then. People kept saying we need more research and they have done more research. We even have new ice core data. Besides your reference data is up till 2004 you do realize it has been updated. On top of that your own source shows the correlation between CO2 and temperature. Have you taken the time to see what CO2 ppm is now. If not you should. That is part of how they can make climate predictions.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I can't help myself, but haven't humans (and the world) only been around for, what is it, six thousand years.

I do know that humans, in some form, have been around for 160 thousand and 200 thousand years. If that is the case and your charts are accurate (through I don't know - but have seen them around a bit) then we'll be just fine.

Don't even know what the second chart is supposed to tell us.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

hello there zodiac.

great response. climate change my ass. I cant believe all the whinging that goes on. at 46 I feel that I can comment on life before al gore pulled his swifty and tried to come up with a new way to rip money out of the economy by trying to make us all pay a carbon tax. thanks Julia Gillard for that little parting gift. revenge will be sweet when she gets charged this year for fraud against the union but that a whole other thread.

the thing I cant understand is how much easier we all do it now days. I am sure you can remember the days of being in the car as a kid with no air conditioning and sticking to the vinyl seats....going under the hose just before going to bed and you had to go to sleep within the first 20 minutes before you started to sweat and get hot again etc. these days everything is air conditioned. maybe that's why people are feeling the heat more these days ???

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BlastedCaddy

The seventies were quite wet and therefore cooler, the sixties were hot. That is why most climate change prediction models only go with the last 30 years of data as these are supposed to be "reliable".

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The fact is the way the collect the data now is not the same as it was 30 years ago. And you cannot infer a general trend from 30 years of data.

I have said this before, in the Doomsday book about 900 vineyards are listed in Britain. Try growing wine in Britain now, even in the hottest years it barely has enough sugar to make the 8% minimum needed. In the mini ice age the Thames froze several times. In the 1290s the grain didn't ripen in most of Northern Europe (however you would need to work out what varieties of grain they were growing in order to work out the temperatures). These are the sort of things that you need to look at if you want to predict a trend one way or the other.
edit on 12/1/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Hey there Bellagirl , good to hear from you. Been awhile old friend. How you been ? Heads up, we're in are in for a rough year, this year here at home .

edit on 13-1-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The city of Perth had a temperature of 43 degree celcius on Satudary, the 2nd highest termperature ever recorded.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I live in Perth where we just experienced the hottest heat wave ever, ive never felt that hot ever! Thats not normal for here yes we get heat waves but not that hot !!!!! Saturday night was the hottest night ever on record i opened my window at like 12am and got a blast of hot air never had that at that time before, my daughter was in the sun 5 minutes with sunscreen and she got burnt.. And bushfires burning out of control at the monent, contained but not under control, yes we get them every year but people cant really deny its getting worse ive lived here for my whole almost 23years of life & that heats getting brutal, had a cool change today its great.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Good point on maybe feeling the heat more because of airconditioning i didnt really consider that... I cope with heat really well usually though but not so much these past 2 summers.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Shana91aus

I hear what your saying and have been following closely the heatwave in perth that is now headed our way.

its really only the last say 20 years that so much has become air conditioned. you go back to say 30 years ago when I was a young teenager and nothing really was air conditioned. you became use to the heat. back then no school was air/coned...no buses...no trains and almost no cars at all. if you had it at home (which we didn't) you really were considered rich. so yes your right in the fact that 40 degree days feel hotter but only because these days nearly all houses/cars/schools/buses/trains/shopping centres etc are all air/coned. so rather than feeling the build up heat during the day, most walk out of air/con set at 18 degrees straight into 40 degrees and it knocks you six.

back then you were outside in the heat of the afternoon somewhere in the shade because that was damn sight cooler than in the house which was like an oven. you would go under the sprinkler/or in the pool. if I told my teenagers now to go outside on a 40 degree day they would think I have gone crackers. I would probably be reported to docs for child abuse.

so...in short...you will find many above the age of 30 struggle when we hear climate change/ its hotter/colder now. it really isn't. its just that we don't feel it like we use to feel it.

p.s. we didn't have air/con ... but we had a pool. probably in our street of 30 houses about 5 of us had pools. so on those cracking hot evenings it wasn't unusual for the neighbours to knock on the door and ask for a swim. it would turn into a party with all the kids in the pool and the parents sitting around drinking a few coldies till late at night. you would get straight out of the pool and into bed so as to go too sleep before you heated back up.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

wow there is such a thing as refrigeration in oz !! sorry couldnt help myself......just curious though.....yes it gets hot here but are u saying the weather is just normal and not more extreme....we are getting record highs and the other side of the globe is getting record chills.....perhaps it is cyclic...but that is kinda irrelevant in the face of it happening

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Yet more than one report in the website 'climate depot' states that the average mean temperature of the earth has not changed in 16 years, I get daily updates direct to my email box, very interesting reports at times, 'climate etc' has some words of the weather too.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I sure would like to see a chart that shows the temperature over such a long period from your side.

It's hard to know what to believe anymore. Everyone takes it personally and pisses and moans about the other sides data.

Please explain how that chart is inaccurate, or perhaps show us one that you feel is more representative of reality.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So it's a Climate change now...I see.

Well...the climate does change every year...with the changing of the seasons.

In 1922 it was GLobal warming...

In 1975 it was Global Cooling...we were actually thinking of melting the caps to prevent the cooling...

in 2000-ih...it's warming again...run for your lives !!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
From what I remember, it's supposed to be a cooling period due to natural cycles but increased CO2 ppm has led to increased temperature anomaly.

The greater concern now is the effect of a slight increase in temperature anomaly on positive feedback factors.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeyluv

increased CO2 ppm has led to increased temperature anomaly.

This has been proven not to be related...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join