It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ice Tsuanami .. Yes Ice Tsuanami creeps up and starts to devastate a House.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is one of the more incredible things I have seen Mother Nature do. Feel bad about the various homeowners. I had no idea anything like the was possible. I thought cold made things constrict. The sound is very odd as well. It does sound like a train as person alludes to in video. Not sure I can look at ice the same way again. It seems alive.

It moves faster than you would think as well.

blackholesunews.blogspot.com...

youtube.com...

youtube.com...

edit on 9-1-2014 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

This happened last winter.

Still cool tho.

Peace

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
that is a crazy clip..thanks for posting it..

I cant even imagine what it would be like watching that slowly move into a house..

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

WOW thanks for that its pretty wild.

Put the vid up for ya.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by GArnold

WOW thanks for that its pretty wild.

Put the vid up for ya.

Thanks. Was trying to figure out how to do it with my phone. Appreciate it. Did you hear the sound it made?

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There have been several accounts of these over the past 150 years. Mainly in the northern hemisphere, it's caused by warm water moving underneath a displaced layer of ice above. There's a good deal of things that can cause the warm water below though, so it's hard to say what caused it.

This reminds me of a story in the 1920s in Canada where a brief tornado touched down over a snow covered terrain making it appear as if it was an "ice tornado." Will need to search to see if I can find the story I was reading on that.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I've never seen anything like that before! WOW! Thanks for sharing this!! I feel bad for the people who owned that house where it was coming right through the door.

edit on 9-1-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That's amazing. Obviously not for the people whose property was damaged. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This happened not too far from where I live (Lake Mille Lacs, MN). It was caused when the lake opened up and the winds pushed the free flowing ice up on the shore. It happens from time to time and has nothing to do with global warming. No houses were "devastated". No people were killed and a few glass panes were broken.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Their insurance companies are prolly thinking big bucks for coverage against
ice tsunamies. C

Can it get any colder?

I'll redact the question.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

I saw this a long time ago.. it's not a new phenomena either, but definitely scary

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They don't really cause much damage to buildings and other re-enforced structures as the ice is typically not extremely thick, in fact...it's similar to having your house slowly impacted by an avalanche really. The shock/destruction factor comes with speed, and that doesn't really happen with ice tides. They can cause problems for roads though, should one be in the path of one, but no more really than your typical ice storm. Stronger tides could have the power to move cars, and if tall enough - tip them over - and possibly down some small trees. However, the overall force exerted by the tide is not usually that strong, and even the stronger force would not cause any substantial damage that would render a home heavily damaged or unlivable.

new topics

top topics

join