It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If We Had Proof Of Life After Death, Would People Change?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CrikeyMagnet

We humans sometimes skate on a thin line. You may be surprised at how many of us are one bad run of events away from offing ourselves, even with the fear of the total nothingness of death. Imagine if death was an opportunity.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I do not hesitate to say that we will become worse unless we were properly prepared for it.

We strive because our life-span is limited. If you remove the limitation then we will become lazy.

It would be exactly the same thing if we became immortal whilst retaining our consciousness/ego.We would become perverse because normal pleasures will no longer be short-lived. If pleasure is constantly available , we will seek what is rare and that's when perversion kicks in.

Perhaps we should pause for a moment and think about God as per religion. God is supposed to be good. Why then does he make us all suffer so much? Looking at what goes on in the world, with all the murders, deaths, homelessness, terror and I could go on. Why do we have dear ones taken away from us , sometimes brutally ? Could it be that having eternal life has made God a sadist ?

I believe the secret of the after-life is well kept for a good reason. Only the good and spiritual believe in it. Proving thet after-life exists would then get the bad people interested. Therefore I hope it remains a secret only for the worthy to discover.

edit on 9-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
There is some reasons why knowing death is just a change, changes the people who know it. You get perspective of time and that you are not limited to about 100 years. You get the life here is a work in progress and do not have to be perfect. But there is the since there is afterlife why not go there now, when it is annoying here. It can create an inner struggle where part of you wanna leave and part of you wanna stay.

Hard to get a person to do boring work, if you cannot make them hunt the materialistic. Also not following the golden rule is hard if you do not believe your existence have an end so you can get away with misbehaving.

A pair of songs about the inner struggle where part of you wanna leave and part of you wanna stay.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

chiefsmom
reply to post by Floydshayvious

Actually you bring up a good moral dilemma. On one hand, you MAY try to be a good person, help others, hoping for a good afterlife. But does not paying your taxes make you a "bad" person? Wouldn't the government be an "entity", not a human, as far as your kindness?

Wow, seeing everyone's response just makes my brain go off in 20 different directions about this.
So thank you all!

Depends on you idea of the economic system. To me it is a ponzi scheme that enslave people both to government and corporations controlling the government. The debt based economy uses tax and debt as enslavement of future generations by politicians and bankers working in harmony against the citizen.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Without reading any other posts yet, so as to not get influenced by others...

I would imagine the world would change immediately - even more so than if a disclosure of ET's was announced. There would be riots in every city across the globe, with people showing their true amount of greed - knowing that they can't really suffer any consequences and war would break out near-instantly. Put yourself in Obama's shoes, suddenly realising that you can have the whole middle east all to yourself by vaporising them with a few strategic nukes - after all, you wouldn't really be killing them any more, you'd only be moving them on to a better place. Absolute chaos would ensue.

For some it would all be too much and I think we would witness suicide on a scale never seen before. I think the world would become a much nastier place and the more accepting people of the population would be taken advantage of because of their kindness. After about 5 years I think we'd see something along the lines of Mad Max or The Book of Eli.

I'm interested to read what you guys think would happen now though...

Good thread op. S&F.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Well I'd say that if what you described as proof of the afterlife would happen, it would completely discount the Christian afterlife account. If there are spirits that are on the planet and we can communicate with them then they certainly aren't in heaven or hell. It would also discount any religion that believed in reincarnation. Actually, now that I think about it, it would discount every religion's description of the afterlife. So I could see this causing quite a stir in just about every religious organization in the world.

For me, I'd be happy because we'd finally have proof for one of the topics considered unknowable to humans.

I think the misunderstanding of Heaven & Hell are to blame for your above reply...

Try not thinking of them as physically above and below - above and below only applies to their frequencies of existence (lower frequencies = Hell / lesser beings who need to learn more. Higher frequencies = Heaven / higher beings who also need to learn more but have learnt sufficiently enough to step up a rung). They are after all just simultaneous dimensions that overlap ours. They can be on our planet at the same time as us without us seeing them because they do not fall within the visible light spectrum... but I digress from the OP.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Well I'd say that if what you described as proof of the afterlife would happen, it would completely discount the Christian afterlife account. If there are spirits that are on the planet and we can communicate with them then they certainly aren't in heaven or hell. It would also discount any religion that believed in reincarnation. Actually, now that I think about it, it would discount every religion's description of the afterlife. So I could see this causing quite a stir in just about every religious organization in the world.

For me, I'd be happy because we'd finally have proof for one of the topics considered unknowable to humans.

There are a lot of earthbound spirits, but it doesn't discount Christianity at all. No where has it ever been said a soul must go to heaven or to hell after death immediately. Eventually this will be true, perhaps after judgment day. There are plenty of details that are not known yet, but speculation and supposition always become what everyone thinks after it is accepted, just like a theory that is the most popular.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It probably would have quite an effect on many people, but it shouldn't. We should already act better as a species than we do right now. I can't say that I would change any.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You mean like if people knew they could really take it with them, would they plan on it?

Too funny.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Within seconds after death, the body weighs less. There is no explanation other than the esoteric. Even doctors, for the most part believe in a soul.
I want you to think about just one universe and some of the other galaxies that we can se now, may be a place of our personal growth. We can see these places, but could NOT get there in 5 lifetimes via even sci-fantasy travel. I think these are the places our souls may go if we make the grade.
Call me crazy, but I really think there is some "right" in my personal thoughts on this.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
no soul,when you die thats it,just like going to sleep at night and you wake up with no awareness of anything,once your eyes are shut its goodnight.

as for god?going to elsewhere after death? we have scientist spouting all the time that everything came from nothing,it was the big bang.

not once heard any scientist say the big bang was caused by a so called god,on one hand they say it was these circumstances and then on the other hand we have everyone else saying some god.

you ask me both are far feteched and in our life time we will never know,some day maybe even if the world lasts that long for anyone to get close to the truth.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

crzayfool

Krazysh0t

I think the misunderstanding of Heaven & Hell are to blame for your above reply...

Try not thinking of them as physically above and below - above and below only applies to their frequencies of existence (lower frequencies = Hell / lesser beings who need to learn more. Higher frequencies = Heaven / higher beings who also need to learn more but have learnt sufficiently enough to step up a rung). They are after all just simultaneous dimensions that overlap ours. They can be on our planet at the same time as us without us seeing them because they do not fall within the visible light spectrum... but I digress from the OP.

But are they overlapping? They can have the same x y z as ours but since they are different in other axis they are not really overlapping (it is like saying a plane is overlapping your house in 2D if it flies above the house). Or are you talking about beings that are in other planes in 11D but are projected down to the same close location of the 3D x y z to be able to interact? The visible light spectrum is another discussion but with that, a being can be in the same 3D but be unnoticed to our senses.
edit on 9-1-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

If we continue to exist as ourselves then we would be immortal . Your mere ~90 years of life would be insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

If we WEREN'T meant to know what its like AFTER OR BEFORE LIFE than perhaps our time while alive is to gives us unique unbiased experience or a vacation from eternity and the mundane of having infinite knowledge.
edit on 27131America/ChicagoThu, 09 Jan 2014 19:27:13 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
In my opinion, if there was absolutely no question, no doubt that life after death existed ...

We'd have more people committing suicide.

Yup. Suicide would be a socially acceptable and even expected standard 'solution' for failure, disappointment, anything.

People would off themselves right out of the womb if they could, on finding out who their parents are, what their genetic/racial/ancestral history is, and whether or not they're born poor, into some dirt hole third world country, etcetera.

They'd keep killing themselves, hitting the 'reset' button, re-rolling their 'character' until they got one they liked and wanted to actually play.

I think so.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

caseman1967
Within seconds after death, the body weighs less. There is no explanation other than the esoteric. Even doctors, for the most part believe in a soul.
I want you to think about just one universe and some of the other galaxies that we can se now, may be a place of our personal growth. We can see these places, but could NOT get there in 5 lifetimes via even sci-fantasy travel. I think these are the places our souls may go if we make the grade.
Call me crazy, but I really think there is some "right" in my personal thoughts on this.

Wouldn't breathing out be a perfectly good explanation of the body losing weight seconds after death - considering your lungs will exhale; for no needing oxygen anymore?
I don't think the esoteric is a good explanation for this minimal weight loss... after all, the soul is residing in a different plane of existence; that is non-detectable by human inventions and has no matter for it to be acted upon by gravity on the physical plane.

You're crazy...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crzayfool

No proof any weight loss right after death(also difficult to determine the exact moment of death anyway). The experiments that this comes from was conducted by one doctor in 1907 that has yet to be reproduced by anyone.

If one simply looks at the moment you take last breath as death then any weight loss would probably be connected to the escaping air, however, nothing modern has replicated the results of that original study that only included a sample of six people.

That I know of anyway, if anyone has anything post it.
edit on 9-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: D

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think generally speaking people would take more risks. If you know there is more than this, then suddenly skydiving isn't as unnerving to you, after all, if the chute doesn't open, its not like its the end of the world...

As far as personality...naa, that is a product of nature, nurture, and principles that doesn't require a afterlife to be there.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

crowdedskies
We strive because our life-span is limited. If you remove the limitation then we will become lazy.

Because there is a belief that you are limited there is a sense of lack - not enough time to do everything, must fit in as much as possible - need more. The sense of lack makes one greedy and needy.
Man is terrified of wasting time and if he does he names it laziness.
Blaise Pascal said 'All of humanity's problems stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.'

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

It is unlikely people will change after seeing proof of "afterlife".

Why?

Because pain, suffering and misery is all around us. People see it everyday. They still do not change.

Seers have been telling humans for ages that soul has to suffer the result of actions. There is no escape. Yet we humans are after flesh-pleasures and forget about the cost.

Humans need knowledge of soul, God and purpose of life. Each soul has the ability to see the truth. The curtain of ignorance can only be removed by truth.

The curtain of ignorance is not removed until a human has an encounter with unadulterated pure truth.

The religions fail in this job as religions have long converted into political groups and are devoid of any spirituality.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

GargIndia

It is unlikely people will change after seeing proof of "afterlife".

Why?

Because pain, suffering and misery is all around us. People see it everyday. They still do not change.

The only way to stop the suffering is to find the ONE that is suffering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join