It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens...The best evidence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Mamatus
What makes you think it has to be aliens? Could'a just been this womans ancestors.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Mamatus because: layout

ROFLMAO!!!! I still can't get over this picture

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

I think what can be said about the Vinca ones is that they were very patient and obliging in that they seem happy enough to have sat down to have their likeness made in sculpture, and thus also appreciate the importance of art and the creation of memorabilia for posterity ....or they were just vain

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Kantzveldt
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I don't think they are from Lepenski Vir, similarity that i do see between the two traditions is the angularity and flatness of facial representation, but Lepenski Vir have pronounced and expressive mouths whereas Vinca figurines generally don't show any mouth at all, and of course are entriely differant in bodily representation, though with some simiarity in terms of pattern/scaling.

To develop from Lepenski Vil figurines to Vinca would be an highly unlikely mode of transition, they're just little fish caricatures, to take aspects of the Vinca figurines and come up with such not so unlikely, if one is looking for similarity of form found within nature, i suggest this also happened in terms of bird and ophidian figurines.

My mistake, I got confused with the dates you gave, I thought you were referring to 7500BC when of course you meant 7500 years ago. Hence my thinking of Lepenski Vir since that was the only culture, that we know of, outside of China, that was producing figurines at that date. Plus the one with the geometric patterns in black and red was reminiscent of some of their art, however having looked at that figurine from all angles it definately appears from all the holes in the back of it's head that it was designed to have feathers placed in it, so I think that you are right that the Vinca drew inspiration from the bird world...which makes perfect sense given their physical environment. Estuary and marsh dwellers would be more likely to have bird deities than fish one.

Since the Vinca were involved in trade with the Mediterranean, it is hardly surprising that they like most cultures at that time were making anthropomorphic figurines. That they had a particular and personal style to themselves isn't surprising either, as others have pointed out. Some are very, very odd...I personally like the Mehrgarh ones myself, from the Indus Valley...similarly a estuary culture, showing some bird like characteristics...amongst other general strangeness of apparel...

And this one is the dead ringer for a Cyberman...

Love it!

In terms of the ones that you post, and their particular style, the only thing they remind me of are the Dadiwan of China. Similarly angular, mask like faces. But since most cultures who produced these figurines, at that time, were depicting themselves, possibly as a means of cementing their own sense of individual identity, I assume the Vinca lot were too. They may look alien to you, but they probably thought that they themselves looked the bees knees and wanted to record that for posterity. Which indeed they have.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I have a little video in my head of a star traveler getting pulled over to a shabby hut, man-handled into a pose (one spaghetti arm curved up from the non-elbow) and standing in quivering boredom as a ancient beret-equivalent -wearing hipster furiously molds clay into shape.

I then wonder why the star tourist (or overlord/creator... whatever) doesn't just bash the clay aside, whip out the equivalent to a Polaroid Star-Trek replicator, aim and strike a pose and then hand the native a perfect smaller representation of himself made from synthetic ceramics.

But then, I'm odd... or like to think I am, anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Hmmm I believe I know who the are and why they were here last time...

They are The Mondoshawans keepers of the Light of Creation the ultimate weapon made to destroy evil.

A genetically manufactured human version of a Mondoshawan was created in the form of Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat or Leeloo for short. For further information you will need clearance you are not authorized for on your...

...MULTI PASS

...multi pass *nod head*

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Wolfenz

Blue Shift

Wolfenz
DO THIS LOOK FAMILIAR ??? Similar to something Below Perhaps

Oh, my gosh! Something looks sort of similar to something else! That proves beyond a doubt that they are the same things!

I Said Similar ... to these artifacts of OLD ...

Nothing to see here ...

Just a 15 century Painting in a Old Church in Yugoslavia
that looks like a Man Naked in a Container that looks like its on fire in the back of it
No it Not a Angel (alien) in a Space Ship of some kind!!

just a Sumeria Babylonian man in a circle with wings ! in the Air nah.. its not a God/alien in a flying device at all!

A Sumerian Deity Demigod
No it Not a Angel or a Man with Wings NOR is it just a Metaphor of some being Alien that's a Pilot of a Spaceship

So why are the spacetraveller depictet naked"almost" in that painting, and those claysculptures all have thick and primitive 1 gen by our standards spacesuits on?
So they found the tech to fly between stars, but still have the same bulky spacesuits as we do now?
Todays aliens are almost always depictet as small naked almond eyed things! where are the spacesuits now?
Why are those clay figures never shown or connectet to their means of transport, wich seems to me to be the natural thing
to do when describing some alien.
Man i just know im waisting time on this some people just want to see aliens or GOD in everything.
someday you will be roadkill, because you only see straight not from side to side.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Blue Shift
As with all attempts at "best evidence," my comment is once again, "If this is the best we've got, then it's all a load of crap."

Riiiight.... It's "all a load of crap"... Who cares about the military personnel, including pilots, who have shared their experiences of encounters with technology/aircraft that are not from this world...

Who cares about the commercial pilots who have also witnessed up close and personal alien aircraft...

Who cares about the ancient reports from all around the world in which people saw even fleets of alien aircraft...

Who cares about ancient texts like the Vedic scriptures in which alien aircraft, called Vimanas" are mentioned, and where it is clearly stated that these alien aircraft technology came into this world from other worlds...

Who cares about the fact that to this day there are thousands, upon thousands of people who see, not just strange lights in the sky, but disc shaped, and other shaped metallic aircraft that defy logic and the laws of physics...

It's 'all a load of crap" after all...

edit on 11-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

ElectricUniverse

Blue Shift
As with all attempts at "best evidence," my comment is once again, "If this is the best we've got, then it's all a load of crap."

Riiiight.... It's "all a load of crap"... Who cares about the military personnel, including pilots, who have shared their experiences of encounters with technology/aircraft that are not from this world...
Who cares about the commercial pilots who have also witnessed up close and personal alien aircraft...

Aaaand.... which ones of these witnesses were ancient?

ElectricUniverse
Who cares about the ancient reports from all around the world in which people saw even fleets of alien aircraft...

"All over the world? Can you link us to a sampling of these ancient reports from everywhere concerning fleets of UFOs?

ElectricUniverseWho cares about ancient texts like the Vedic scriptures in which alien aircraft, called Vimanas" are mentioned, and where it is clearly stated that these alien aircraft technology came into this world from other worlds...

Can you quote fromn a Veda that states that Vimanas came from other worlds?

The Mahabharata states they were invented by "the clever Greeks."

ElectricUniverseWho cares about the fact that to this day there are thousands, upon thousands of people who see, not just strange lights in the sky, but disc shaped, and other shaped metallic aircraft that defy logic and the laws of physics...

It's 'all a load of crap" after all...

Again, how old are these people if they were around in ancient times - the subject of the thread?

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good evidence but I think these artists need more practice.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

HiddenSecrets
Good evidence but I think these artists need more practice.

Really i think most of it is pretty well done. What have you made that can measure up.
Can we get some pictures of your art please?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious69

truly. how can one explain away all these images, esp. the ones of an apparent spaceship being piloted. What did they base these pics on?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Harte

That first quote you responded to was about MODERN witnesses, not ancient witnesses...

Harte
"All over the world? Can you link us to a sampling of these ancient reports from everywhere concerning fleets of UFOs?

There are many blogs by retired military personnel who give details of their ufo sightings, but since they are blogs I can't link them. However, if you do a search you can find them easily.

There are many reports, ancient and modern of UFO sightings all over the world, and in this website this has been discussed and evidence has been presented many times over.

Some older reports.

Wuhan citizen discovers record of UFO in 63-year-old paper
16:12, July 13, 2010

Guo Zhigang, a citizen in Wuhan, discovered an issue of Commons Daily published in July 14, 1947 that carried news about an UFO.

The title of the report read "UFOs visit Shenyang and Xi'an." The witness in Shenyang was an office worker named Yan Jinbo in the Shenyang office of Anshan Iron and Steel Company. On the evening of July 10, 1947, when she was enjoying a cool night on a square in front of the dormitory, "a white and round object appeared in the sky flying from the northeast to southwest."

Several seconds later the object disappeared and some others flew in the same direction within the span of about one minute. At first, Yan thought it must be the smoke from kitchen chimneys, but later she determined that the smoke should not seem so bright and rounded.

Yan asked her workmate Zhang Jingshao to watch the UFOs together with her. According to Zhang's calculation, more than 80 these white and rounded "plates" appeared in one hour.

english.peopledaily.com.cn...

Here are some reports of old UFO sightings in the U.S. The article is too long so I am just posting the introduction and a link where you can see the reports.

Pre-1900 UFO Cases

These cases date pre-1900, several prominent cases do not appear on this list because they are either hoaxes or have been further researched and were simply not authentic, most notable is the 'Alexander the Great Case of 329 BC', otherwise these incidents have all been deemed legitimate.

These cases include the Nuremberg Sighting of 1034 through to the Great California Airship of 1897. There will be a few more cases added shortly if research bears out there authenticity. There are other sightings that have their origin in the Bible, those are too numerous to list here.

www.educatinghumanity.com...

For example a modern ufo sighting in China.

Media in China report second UFO sighting in Chongqing
by Cherlyn Gardner Strong on Jul. 15, 2010, under General Paranormal, Life, UFOs

Witnesses saw it again yesterday.

Around 8pm in the evening, a UFO was spotted hovering over Chongqing’s Shaping park for more than an hour. Eyewitnesses describe the same UFO that closed Hangzhou’s Xiaoshan Airport on July 7th. It appeared exactly one week after the last one, but it was observed in a different location.

A witness surnamed Chen gave an account to the media. “I stared at it and it did not move,” Chen said. “After hovering for an hour, the thing started to fly higher and finally out of people’s sight.”

A probe into the UFO incident that closed the airport last week has turned up nothing. A team of UFO experts from Shanghai and Beijing gathered in Hangzhou to assist with the investigation.

The experts aren’t receiving much cooperation from airport officials, though. The officials say again that the radar caught nothing and refuse to turn over radar images from July 7th.

Here in the United States, ABC News has begun to report on the matter:

abcnews.go.com...

Copyright by Cherlyn Gardner Strong. Reprint is permitted provided that credit of authorship is provided and a link back to the source.

tucsoncitizen.com...

UFO sightings bring town to a standstill

A crowd of 100 stunned stargazers brought a town centre to a standstill when five mysterious UFOs were spotted hovering in the sky.

Drinkers spilled out of pubs, motorists stopped to gawp and camera phones were aimed upwards as the five orbs, in a seeming formation, hovered above Stratford-Upon-Avon for half an hour.

The unidentified flying objects lit up the otherwise clear night sky above Shakespeare's birthplace in Warwickshire on Saturday.

[R]

Although Air Traffic Control reported no unusual activity, some witnesses were convinced they were witnessing an extra-terrestrial spectacle.

[1]

The strange episode started just after 10.30pm, when the lights were seen hovering slowly over the town before three of them formed a triangular shape with one positioned just to the right.

A few minutes later a fifth came into view travelling towards the others at breakneck speed before slowing down and stopping a short distance away.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Harte

Seriously?... Now people like you even try to change what the Vedic scriptures say?... So the gods and goddesses from other worlds who brought to Earth the Vimanas were the "ancient Greeks" according to you?... According to the Vedas these otherworldly gods and goddesses gave to mankind the knowledge on how to build vimanas and these gods and goddesses used mankind in those ancient times to wage their wars against other gods and goddesses and their human allies.

...The Vedic traditions of India tell us that we are now in the Fourth Age of mankind. The Vedas call them the "The Golden Age", "The Silver Age", and "The Bronze Age" and we are now, according to their scriptures in the "The Iron Age". As we approach the end of the 20th century both Native Americans, Mayans, and Incans, prophecies claim that we are coming to the end of an age. Sanskrit texts are filled with references to Gods who fought battles in the sky using Vihmanas equipped with weapons as deadly as any we can deploy in these more enlightened times.

veda.wikidot.com...

Harte
Again, how old are these people if they were around in ancient times - the subject of the thread?

Harte

First of all, what in the world does the age of people matter?... Is age an excuse to dismiss a witness?...
Anyway, to answer your question to this day there are and have been people who have witnessed metallic flying discs that defy logic...

edit on 11-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
What in the world? My above post doesn't appear at all, but when I edit it, everything I wrote and the links I posted appear???...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse

Harte

That first quote you responded to was about MODERN witnesses, not ancient witnesses...

Yes. What does that have to do with the thread topic "Ancient Aliens - the best evidence"?

ElectricUniverse

Harte"All over the world? Can you link us to a sampling of these ancient reports from everywhere concerning fleets of UFOs?

Apparently, you have no real knowledge of any ancient work that makes this claim. So, why do you believe it?

ElectricUniverseWho cares about ancient texts like the Vedic scriptures in which alien aircraft, called Vimanas" are mentioned, and where it is clearly stated that these alien aircraft technology came into this world from other worlds

I note that you fail to quote from any Veda concerning this. So, why do you say it?

ElectricUniverse

Harte

Seriously?... Now people like you even try to change what the Vedic scriptures say?...

So the gods and goddesses from other worlds who brought to Earth the Vimanas were the "ancient Greeks" according to you?... According to the Vedas these otherworldly gods and goddesses gave to mankind the knowledge on how to build vimanas and these gods and goddesses used mankind in those ancient times to wage their wars against other gods and goddesses and their human allies.

No, according to the main mythological work in the history of India, not according to me.

ElectricUniverse

"The Vedic traditions of India tell us that we are now in the Fourth Age of mankind. The Vedas call them the "The Golden Age", "The Silver Age", and "The Bronze Age" and we are now, according to their scriptures in the "The Iron Age". As we approach the end of the 20th century both Native Americans, Mayans, and Incans, prophecies claim that we are coming to the end of an age. Sanskrit texts are filled with references to Gods who fought battles in the sky using Vihmanas equipped with weapons as deadly as any we can deploy in these more enlightened times."
veda.wikidot.com...

Your quote is from a UFO promoting site. Dr V. Raghavan (mentioned at your link) was indeed a renowned scholar of Sanskrit. He died in 1979. My position is that he never said what your link claims he said.

Care to show how I'm wrong?

From your link:

Many other terrible weapons are described, quite matter of factly, in the Mahabharata, but the most fearsome of all is the one used against the Vrishis. The narrative records:

Gurkha flying in his swift and powerful Vimana hurled against the three cities of the Vrishis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousands suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the unknown weapon, the Iron Thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashesthe entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas.

It is important to note, that these kinds of records are not isolated. They can be cross-correlated with similar reports in other ancient civilizations.

The after-affects of this Iron Thunderbolt have anonymously recognizable ring. Apparently, those killed by it were so burnt that their corpses were unidentifiable. The survivors fared little ether, as it caused their hair and nails to fall out.

The bolded portions above, though attributed at your link to the Mahabharata, do not appear in the Mahabharata. They were, in fact, written in the 1970's by none other than David Hartcher Childress.

Perhaps you could find a better source. One that does not lie about what is in the texts.

ElectricUniverse

Harte

Harte

First of all, what in the world does the age of people matter?... Is age an excuse to dismiss a witness?...
Anyway, to answer your question TO THIS DAY there are and have been people who have witnessed metallic flying discs that defy logic...

It matters quite a bit in a conversation about ANCIENT alien visitation.

Many Vedic texts are not available free online, but many are. The Samarangana Sutradhara was only translated recently and thus is only available for purchase. It is a treatise on Architecture, though I've read that it mentions vimanas and states they should be built "strong..." etc. as it states at your link. I won't dispute that the text says that until I can get my hands on it.

But the Mahabharata itself credits the clever Greeks. I'm not making that up.

No Vedic text I've read (I only read the free ones) says anything at all about gods from other planets.

Here's a resource I'd recommend, though you'll likely not use it:
The Vedic scripts free online English translation

Harte
edit on 1/11/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse
What in the world? My above post doesn't appear at all, but when I edit it, everything I wrote and the links I posted appear???...

Click on "edit" (if it's not too late) and fix the endquote tag in the first place you quoted me.

There's no "slash" in front of the word "quote."'

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

David Hartcher Childress is not the only person to talk about the Vimanas descriptions that can be found in the Vedas.

Book VI : Yuddha Kanda - Book Of War

Chapter [Sarga] 124

Introduction

Rama, travelling in the aerial car towards Ayodhya, lands at the hermitage of Bharadwaja the sage. When Rama enquires of Bhardwaja about the welfare of Ayodhya-City, Bharata and his mothers. Bharadwaja informs Rama about their welfare. Further, the sage informs that by virtue of his asceticism, he could know everything about the exploits of Rama from the day he left Ayodhya, till he destroyed Ravana. Then, Rama seeks a boon from Bharadwaja, asking him to make the trees on the route to Ayodhya, to bear fruit in the off-season for which the sage grants the boon. Thereupon, the troops of monkeys feasted on those fruits at will.

www.valmikiramayan.net...

In case you didn't know Rama is one of the gods who according to the Vedas give Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Another chapter that also describes Vimanas.

Book VI : Yuddha Kanda - Book Of War

Chapter [Sarga] 123

Introduction

In the course of their flight to Ayodhya, Rama shows to Seetha, the whole City of Lanka, the battle-field where Ravana and other demons were killed, Nala-Setu the bridge which was built across the ocean, Mount Mainka, Setu-bandha (where the construction of the bridge was started), Mount Rishyamuka, Pampa River, Janasthana-forest, Panchavati, Godavari river, the hermitage of sage-Agastya, the hermitage of Atri and Anasuya, Mount Chitrakuta, Yamuna-river, the hermitage of Bharadwaja, Ganga-river, Sarayu-river and finally the City of Ayodhya.

Verse Locator

anuGYaatan tu raameNa tadvimaanamanuttamam |
utpapaata mahaameghaH shvasanenoddhato yathaa || 6-123-1

1. anujJNaatam= as approved; raameNa= by Rama; tat anuttamam= that excellent; vimaanam= aerial car; hamsayukam= with images of swans painted on it; utpapaatam= flew; vihaayasam= into the sky; mahaanaadam= with a great sound.

As approved by Rama, that excellent aerial car, with images of swan painted on it, flew into the sky, with a great sound.

www.valmikiramayan.net...

BTW, the chapters I showed above are from the Ramayana scriptures.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
BTW, I also mentioned modern sightings because many people/members have claimed that these ancient paintings and descriptions, as well as ancient texts/scriptures which describe sightings of ufos, are either just the imagination of ancient people, or symbolic. But the fact that such aircraft have been seen also in modern times gives credence to the ancient paintings and description of ufos being mostly alien aerial ships and "not symbolic or the imagination of ancient people".

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Please note - I said I have read many of the Vedas. You aren't trying now to pretend that I claimed they don't mention vimanas, are you?

Also:

In case you didn't know Rama is one of the gods who according to the Vedas give Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus.

"According to the Vedas?"

Not.

Harte
edit on 1/11/2014 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

ElectricUniverse
BTW, I also mentioned modern sightings because many people/members have claimed that these ancient paintings and descriptions, as well as ancient texts/scriptures which describe sightings of ufos, are either just the imagination of ancient people, or symbolic. But the fact that such aircraft have been seen also in modern times gives credence to the ancient paintings and description of ufos being mostly alien aerial ships and "not symbolic or the imagination of ancient people".

It's certain that the UFO phenomenon stretches back a long way. It's legitimate. But technology didn't make the vimanas. Hindu mystics made them through "severe austerities". Mysticism creates ufos not an alien factory. They are psychic creations of mind-over-matter, shaped by imagination, and yes even symbolic. Living, breathing symbols. Living, working, glorious, semi-autonomous manifestations of archetypes of the collective unconscious that everyone can see and that can leave physical traces.

edit on 11-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join