It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens...The best evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Maltese5Rhino

We need to learn more before we can say anything for definite i think is a good general point, i was wondering about the little holes on the figurines, i wonder if they had something like bent reeds placed through them to give the impression of pipes and tubing?
edit on 9-1-2014 by Maghda because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Kantzveldt

So above we see a box of lovely little classic Jomon figurines

Just wanted to point out that the sign on the blue cloth visible in the picture is in Ukrainian. It reads "Honorable citizen of Akmod city"

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zerad

Youre only right and i'm only stupid, i was confusing with the Cucuteni culture region, those are Serbian aliens!

reply to post by Levski

The Japanese one's then are in the Ukraine...?!?...mysterious subject matter

edit on Kpm1318vAmerica/ChicagoThursday0931 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I think that one or two of the figures that you have attributed to the Vinca are from Lepenski Vir, which may explain their amphibious nature. The earliest figurines from the region are fish, which become more and more humanised over time. What is potentially interesting in the context of your OP though, somewhat uniquely, at Lepenski Vir there was a fascination with geometry, they even built triangular buildings.

Domestic objects represent the transition from tent structure to house. All the houses share a very distinct shape, built according to a complicated geometric pattern. The basis of each of the houses is a circle segment of exactly 60 degrees, constructed in the manner of an equilateral triangle. This unique layout demonstrates the level of mathematical and geometric knowledge of the inhabitants of Lepenski Vir. The peculiar choice of the equilateral triangle as a basis instead of the more common round or rectangular form suggests the significance of numbers in the lives of the settlement's inhabitants.

en.wikipedia.org...

Were the Jomon a fishing culure? I would suspect sea based...but still.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

nomadros
Just a pic for reference purposes.

Ecuador

DO THIS LOOK FAMILIAR ??? Similar to something Below Perhaps

HTH

you forgot these OP!!

Sumeria aka Iraq and Iran

Pre Columbia

Austraila

Ukraine

edit on 9-1-2014 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Wolfenz

Oh, my gosh! Something looks sort of similar to something else! That proves beyond a doubt that they are the same things!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

My god where do you find the time!!!

I can't wait to read this but I'm still reading your last awesome thread!

I know I've told you this many times before but THANK YOU for your threads!!

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Blue Shift

Wolfenz

Oh, my gosh! Something looks sort of similar to something else! That proves beyond a doubt that they are the same things!

I Said Similar ... to these artifacts of OLD ...

Nothing to see here ...

Just a 15 century Painting in a Old Church in Yugoslavia
that looks like a Man Naked in a Container that looks like its on fire in the back of it
No it Not a Angel (alien) in a Space Ship of some kind!!

just a Sumeria Babylonian man in a circle with wings ! in the Air nah.. its not a God/alien in a flying device at all!

A Sumerian Deity Demigod
No it Not a Angel or a Man with Wings NOR is it just a Metaphor of some being Alien that's a Pilot of a Spaceship

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Kantzveldt
This isn't about Mickey Mouse and the Simpsons, it's about types of costume and representation of form seen in Neolithic art from the Southern Ukraine 7,500 years ago and Japan 3,500 years ago, put aside everything that's developed since.

Yes, well, that's what the thread's about, isn't it?

But that's just you finding figures in similar positions and then pretending there's some connection between these two cultures because they both knew that the human figure is posable.

Other than poses, there's no similarities between the works from these two seperate cultures that I can see.

However, the Jomon were making pottery in 14,000 BC (link) so I think it's a little premature to try and claim that there was such a huge disparity in time between these cultures. Please consider that there was in fact no disparity in time at all. The Jomon were a culture long before the Vinca arose, and lasted long after the Vinca were gone.

Harte
edit on 1/9/2014 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I really can't see anything in those figures that jumps out SPACEMAN, what I see are caricatures of large people possibly wearing bamboo cane over their chest etc. Not being rude but the slanted eyes mean nothing if you consider it a caricature of a big Japanese person.

What I don't see is machinery or craft....

And before its said, I do actually believe in visitors from space, well certainly the possibility of visitors from somewhere but I fail to see it here in these statues.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Wolfenz

I Said Similar ... to these artifacts of OLD ...

Nothing to see here ...

Just a 15 century Painting in a Old Church in Yugoslavia
that looks like a Man Naked in a Container that looks like its on fire in the back of it
No it Not a Angel (alien) in a Space Ship of some kind!!

Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm here (or not) as we know these craft are what was classed as the Sun and the Moon as depicted many times where the sun and moon would be craft or flaming icons with people in etc.

People have for many years classed them as UFO's when there's just a simple explanation for them..

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Kanzfedlt,

This is amazing. But there are more artifacts hidden away that can further elucidate your hypothesis.

Best regards,

Kratos

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Maghda

I have always assumed the holes were there for sting and twine to be held up on a wall or worn on a person.
Book..

I can see other posts on this thread show other arguments supporting Ancient Aliens but for these two Areas with the figurines I feel if they were avid artists to try and capture what they have seen as ET, I would assume more than just a person/s they would make...... Unless there is a scale model of a spaceship made of clay not found yet. Cause just like our own space travells we cant just be people in suits, we tend to bring with us the Rover and ships and in a few cases Golf clubs which we left behind after all. Just like natural progression and how if the aliens did come in the past they seemed to be on a further ahead track than we are now.....If so where is all the debre left behind?

edit on 10-1-2014 by Maltese5Rhino because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I don't think they are from Lepenski Vir, similarity that i do see between the two traditions is the angularity and flatness of facial representation, but Lepenski Vir have pronounced and expressive mouths whereas Vinca figurines generally don't show any mouth at all, and of course are entriely differant in bodily representation, though with some simiarity in terms of pattern/scaling.

To develop from Lepenski Vil figurines to Vinca would be an highly unlikely mode of transition, they're just little fish caricatures, to take aspects of the Vinca figurines and come up with such not so unlikely, if one is looking for similarity of form found within nature, i suggest this also happened in terms of bird and ophidian figurines.

ply to post by Harte

I may have been premature in terms of disparity in time between the figures i selected as they are earlier than the elaborate bronze age figurines.

There are huge problems in terms of this 'posing' from the perspective of an art historian, in that the variability of pose and naturalistic mannerisms suggested give the impression of naturalistc representation rather than an idealized and conceptualized effigy to be worshipped, the sense is that they are very much obligingly sitting to have their portrait sculpted and the crafts person is doing their best to represent the features and costume, and yet the result is so curious.

Perhaps it comes down to how much faith one has in the artist...?

edit on Kam1319vAmerica/ChicagoFriday1031 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

The majority of evidence that exists that aliens are visiting earth refers to humanoid type forms

By evidence you must mean science fiction films and television programs coupled with anecdotal stories and reports of eyewitness accounts none of which constitute actual evidence. I have yet to see any solid evidence suggesting alien visitation.

Most reports occurred from the 60's onwards and yet science fiction prior to that depicted aliens in a much wider variety of forms so it's probably a bit of a stretch to say it is a convention of SF.

I don't think so. While science fiction does offer us a wide variety of body shapes for alien life the VAST VAST majority are humanoid, and this is, at least in part, due to budget constraints. To put a guy in some make-up or a rubber suit is fairly cheap while doing something like, say, Jabba the Hut, an elaborate puppet or suit with multiple people inside of it, is expensive and logistically difficult. This is true more so in film and television than in books I suppose, since in a book you aren't restricted by budget.

We can look back all the way to Georges Melies A Trip to the Moon, from the turn of the century, to see humanoid aliens and all through sci-fi, from Star Trek to Star Wars to B-Movie schlock the typical alien shape is humanoid. As I said budget constraints, and anthropomorphism, the need to relate to the aliens in stories, all play a factor in how they are depicted. There is no reason to think an intelligent species evolving on an entirely alien biosphere would end up looking essentially human.

but some are intriguing in their resemblance to the typical modern large eyed grey.

And that is just as coincidental. It'd be like finding a figurine with an S on its chest that looked like it might be wearing a cape. We're not going to start believing in Krypton because of it.

edit on 10-1-2014 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Firstly, I note that your first picture you claim is Japanese but the blue flag in the background is definitely an Eastern European language and not Japanese. How do i know these pictures are genuine thereafter?

Secondly, Dogu reminded me of Dogon, and I remembered they also had stories of Amphibious vistiors:

The Dogon talk about Nommo - amphibian deities that arrived from the sky in their fantastic sky ship. They preached to the people who assembled in large numbers around the lake that was created around the ship.[28]
Link

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Why is it so unlikely that the people of those periods had the artistic imagination to develop the pieces they did? That we must assume they are just copies of what they saw because they couldn't have developed that as a style of their own? Look at all the abstract or avant-garde styles of art that developed in the past few hundred years, like cubism.

Now the links between the two distinct civilizations and the stretch of time between them is interesting, but it's not impossible the style simply migrated in some way over time and distance; again it has happened with other art styles and technology since our more recent human civilization.

I find it interesting that, assuming these represent actual "ancient aliens" that they would focus so much on the ET's themselves and not anything else; their ships or technology. Maybe they never saw it? That's a possibility, though there are those "airplanes" from the other civilization (Tolami?) could refute that.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but I am saying that basing the style of the figurines as only being possible due to modeling after some kind of ET is a weak basis to start from, from my opinion at least.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just something I couldn't help noticing which, for me opens up the ability to travel great distances by our ancient cultures is that if you compare what is in the left hand of ther 'Sumerian Deity Demigod with what is depicted in the right hand on the man appearing to either drive or possibly fly some form of capsule you will see the same 'bag'. There are a number of carvings of men carrying this bag - one explanation someone put up was they were carrying valuable seeds etc, however they have always seemed to me to be some form of 'key' and not a bag at all.

It was whilst reading through that I found the link to the Bosnian pyramids and for me that immediately opens up a huge lot of questions, not that the Bosnians/Vinca had pyramids but from where did they get the technology and know-how to construct these buildings? (I own to not having come across the Vinca before so found your comparison of different figurines fascinating.

Something that has also caught my attention is with the fish creatures that various peoples like the Dogon etc claim to have had a link with in the past. Today we have submarines and bases under the sea etc. Given mankind's length of existence why should man not have been advanced before some cataclysm such as the flood, to have had the same facilities. It makes sense to try to survive by staying under the water rather than facing its ravages where the waves hit were one aware that a huge flood was coming.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The similarities are, indeed, curious.

Perhaps they represent dimensional/spiritual denizens of the nether regions of our possible multiverse, as an alternative to space-suited visitors? Still, climbing through a dimensional rift or off a spaceship amounts to the same thing.

Or they are properties of our conjoined subconscious, ala Jung?

But I'm not versed enough in the archeological record of both civilizations to offer much more than, "Hmmm... neat."

So hmmm, neat... thanks Kantz.

There are other decent indicators of space visitors more intelligent than Ancient Aliens, too. The Dogon tribes mythos, re: Sirius, although that's been debunked, the debunking is tenuous in my estimation. Add the oodles of origin myths pointing up (and a few down) and it all doesn't seem so very silly.

It's a big universe... maybe bigger than we guess.
edit on 1/10/2014 by Baddogma because: because I always get K's web name wrong!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You mean the way nature comes up with the same solution to the same problem even though the animals are completely different species etc... IMHO, the figurine in the post you quote look very much like someone in a spacesuit..im fact amazingly like.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join