It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained noises in Colonial Heights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Police and firefighters in Colonial Heights were called out to three different parts of the city Sunday for reports of mysterious sounds. Some call them booms while others referred to them as explosions. Some said the noises were so intense that they rattled their homes. "It's a loud, loud boom," Clint Lanier, who lives in Chesterfield County, told CBS 6 senior reporter Wayne Covil. "It' ain't no shotgun and it ain't no kind of gun. It's like an explosion." Sgt. Rob Ruxer with Colonial Heights police said dispatchers received at least three calls just before 5:30 p.m. Sunday from citizens in separate areas of the city about a loud noise. "There was a large boom. I thought it was thunder," Kelsey Barnes of Colonial Heights said. "It kind of shook the house a little bit, but I have no idea what it was." Officials have not been able to tie the booms to one specific area, but they have been reported for the past several weeks. "Well it definitely grabs your attention and you think, 'why on earth is that going on at this time?" said Carolyn Thompson of Colonial Heights. Those who have heard the boom said it does not happen again for several days - and the sound varies. John Thompson, who heard the boom In Colonial Heights, said it sounded like a Sonic Boom from a jet. He said he did not think it was fireworks because there was only one boom. Colonial Heights residents Susan Crane, who also lives in, said she was watching TV when she heard the boom Sunday. "I've heard it numerous times," Crane said. "I usually get up and look out my door, like I'm going to see something, but there's nothing to see." CBS 6 News checked area surveillance cameras across the city and could not find sign of the boom. With every recurrence, there has been no revelation about what or who is behind them. Colonial Heights Fire Chief A.G. Moore said his department does not have any additional leads about what is actually the noise folks are hearing from Chester to southern Chesterfield and Colonial Heights. On social media there is a lot of speculation about what could be causing the booms.

source: hisz.rsoe.hu...

Kind of odd how we get so many different theories for the noises but they're definitely not similar sounds. Anyone know of seismic charts for that general area and want to check on/or around Wednesday, 08 January, 2014 at 04:27 (04:27 AM) UTC maybe we could look into it

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Wednesday, the 14th of January, is tomorrow. Are you sure you aren't talking about today?

There are quite a few theories beginning to surface, but few officials seem to pay any heed- which makes me wonder if they know, or suspect , something that we don't.

Why aren't the scientists in a race to be the first to discover the cause? They certainly seem to be getting more frequent, and more wide-spread.

I smell a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

I heard loud bangs a couple days ago late a night and I believe they are called frost quakes Check here

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

I'm wondering if these booms people have been hearing could be the new Aurora spy plane? Something to consider.

Read about it here: www.fighter-planes.com...

The video discusses this plane at the 1:37:49 mark:

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Maybe the booms are people's pipes bursting ! ... It's cold! ...or if there's a damn near by, ice chunks breaking off .

top topics

join