It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Conceal Carry Apps Outpace Obamacare Apps

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

On the heels of a federal court striking down Chicago's ban on gun sales, those seeking gun permits in Illinois flooded the
State Police website over the weekend to begin the permitting process.

www.breitbart.com...

This actually took place in late 2013, but they were given 180 days to write the new laws covering weapons permits.

dailycaller.com...

Beware, however, the Chicago Police Chief has already warned he didn't care what the law says, he will teach his men to shoot first and ask questions later.

“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for
disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return
fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

www.fourwinds10.net...

(there are literally dozens of links with this interview quote, so if you don't like my source, feel free to look it up for yourself.)

He is outright admitting if officers arrive at a scene where someone has used a gun in self defense, and the defender still has their gun, the police are going to shoot them down. He said it, and he is teaching it. I call things like this "self fulfilling prophecies", as well as a recipe for disaster. He is creating many accidents looking for a place to happen.

With all of the "Polar Bear Hunting" and "Knock out games" going on, people are turning out in droves for the opportunity to stop being victims in "gun free zones", and feel that thugs have had the run of the streets for too long.

From the link:

The
Chicago Sun-Times reported 4,525 individuals
signed up on Sunday alone for their firearms
permits, when the State Police first opened the
process to all concealed carry applicants.

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Libertygal
Beware, however, the Chicago Police Chief has already warned he didn't care what the law says, he will teach his men to shoot first and ask questions later.

How this guy can still have a job is both typical and completely astounding at the same time.
It's blatant disregard for lawful proceedure and in the highest echelon of it's leadership. The fact that he isn't already behind bars or on bail awaiting trial is just another in a line of sad commentaries on how far America has allowed itself to fall.
HE is the type of person that should be prohibited from owning a firearm at all, let alone be allowed to be the head of anything. This man shouldn't even be at the head of a line to an ATM machine.
My advice for what it's worth...anyone with a gun living near where this clown works needs to move as fast as they can.
We'll be reading about this d-bag or one of his improperly instructed underlings shortly after some old woman or kid gets blown away...it's only a matter of time with a mandate like that.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for
disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return
fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

If there is any justice whatsoever in this country he will be fired just for saying this.
edit on 7-1-2014 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

I am glad that I am not the only one that feels that way!

It is really terrifying to even consider the things that we are going to be hearing about in the coming weeks with the literal flood of guns coming into the state.

It's not legal gunowners that have been plagueing Chicago, it has been the thugs and illegal gunowners victimizing people that were not legally able to defend themselves.

Now that legal guns will be concealed, and permitted, these same thugs will have no clue if they pick the wrong person or not.

Are we going to be seeing replays of Zimmerman 100 fold? Or, because of the outright threat to legal gunowners by the police CHIEF, are we going to see people defending themselves, yet fleeing the scene?

What a downright frightening concept, that legally protecting yourself will get you shot dead by the police...

I am beyond words at this point, and cannot imagine how the citizens must feel about this conundrum.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
the police chief is making a problem were there is none..just like most law enforcement'''how does the saying go.."an armed society is a poliete society"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

swimmer15

If there is any justice whatsoever in this country he will be fired just for saying this.

I'm with this chief 100%...If you draw your gun on an officer, that officer should blow that SOB away...if you gun strokers want the wild west. be prepared to get shot...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

clearmind
the police chief is making a problem were there is none..just like most law enforcement'''how does the saying go.."an armed society is a poliete society"

BS...read some statistics on armed societies in this day and age....you want to see an armed society? go to Somalia, and you can stroke your gun all day there.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Well, just as an aside, that quote was made by the Chicago Police Chief on January 9, 2013.

That's right. One year ago, when the gun rights hearing was heading to the Illinois Supreme Court, which found it Unconstitutional September 14, 2013.

dailycaller.com...

It's been no secret what his stance was/is, and the MSM has simply failed to report on this, as they have failed to report on much of the gun violence in Chicago, period.

It is hard to find much in the way of reporting on the issue, because the media has totally shied away from the topic, especially pertaining to the gun voilence in "gun free" Chicago.

It has been known to have the toughest gun laws, yet, a high rate of shootings and gun violence that is higher than our military deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, combined in the last two years.

No, you won't hear about this on the news, and yes, he is being highly sheltered and protected.

The real question is, why? Why did they wait the full 180 days, as I predicted, to write the gun laws, after the Supreme Court ruled the gun ban Unconstitutional?

All interesting topics, and ones I have loojed forward to seeing discussed. Right up there with, "Why does he still have a job?"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

He says he is above the law! He expects the right to not be shot but does not agree with allotting you that right. He had the strictest gun laws in the nation and still sucked at his job to the point that his city leads the nation in corruption and crime. Your free to be with him 100%! I wouldn't let him lead a marching band.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

jimmyx

swimmer15

I'm with this chief 100%...If you draw your gun on an officer, that officer should blow that SOB away...if you gun strokers want the wild west. be prepared to get shot...

He never said "draw on an officer", he said if you turn on an officer with a gun in your hand...

Meaning, they pull up to a call, you just shot someone that attacked you, and the cop comes up, and you are still holding the gun. You turn to the cop, with the gun in your hand, you are dead.

No questions asked. They will shoot first, ask questions later.

Here again, is the quote:

" So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand ..."

So, if you live in Chicago, and have to use your weapon for self defense, holster it, or better yet, drop it, before the police arrive. Or, be shot dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

swimmer15
reply to post by jimmyx

He says he is above the law! He expects the right to not be shot but does not agree with allotting you that right. He had the strictest gun laws in the nation and still sucked at his job to the point that his city leads the nation in corruption and crime. Your free to be with him 100%! I wouldn't let him lead a marching band.

what? are you going to go out and have a gunfight in the street with him? if you don't like him, vote him out, or have him removed

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

clearmind

Sadly, this is only going to be the case once a certain number of non-law abiding thugs have figured out the new laws. I would imagine that watching the news is not high on their list, so, I am betting a few will pick on the wrong people before they figure this whole thing out.

Some will be removed from the gene pool before the word on the street gets out, and manners replace murder.

edit on 7-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Libertygal

jimmyx

swimmer15

He never said "draw on an officer", he said if you turn on an officer with a gun in your hand...

Meaning, they pull up to a call, you just shot someone that attacked you, and the cop comes up, and you are still holding the gun. You turn to the cop, with the gun in your hand, you are dead.

No questions asked. They will shoot first, ask questions later.

Here again, is the quote:

" So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand ..."

So, if you live in Chicago, and have to use your weapon for self defense, holster it, or better yet, drop it, before the police arrive. Or, be shot dead.

open your eyes and ears and pay attention, and when the cops come, immediately drop your gun...don't act like a child
edit on 7-1-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I grew up in Illinois and and its never been a secret about the corruption in Illinois and Chicago politics. Ill try to answer your question with a question as to "why". If you did the things Illinois and Chicago leadership constantly does, would you want your citizens armed?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
i guess some posters are equating somalia to america...im not....ive carried in may 'gun free' zones..and guess what, i never even thought about my weapon, why, because i'm a competent gun owner (just bumped myself up on the watch list), i've talked to police with my weapon concealed (albeit i am a former LEO), i've open carried while hiking and backpacking, i carry when i take the garbage out, i carry when i walk to the grocery store, i carry whar i go to the bank, i carry when i go too see a movie, i carry when i go out to eat, i carry when i jog around the lake..and guess what...i have never pulled or even thought my weapon needed to be presented.

it is a fearfull society that fears the weapon and not the man..it is a fearfull society that makes fear where none is, it is a fearfull sciety that that makes every action questionable..we are a society in fear, not beacause there is fear but because those in power want us to fear, they want us to come to 'them' for saftey when they can offer none...go ahaead and try to sue law enforcement for not protecting you, go ahead and try to sue the govt for not protecting you...no matter what the circumstances are...dont you dare lift a finger to protect yourself.....................................

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Libertygal

“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

When I saw the title of the OP, I laughed out loud. When I saw the quoted text ... I went cold.

Sounds like the 'Top Cop' got his jimmies rustled ... and he's ready to kill over it. If there was EVER a reason to 'remove for cause' we all just read it. Short of that ... the mayor's got to go for not getting the job done. Vote him out.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

clearmind
i guess some posters are equating somalia to america...im not....ive carried in may 'gun free' zones..and guess what, i never even thought about my weapon, why, because i'm a competent gun owner (just bumped myself up on the watch list), i've talked to police with my weapon concealed (albeit i am a former LEO), i've open carried while hiking and backpacking, i carry when i take the garbage out, i carry when i walk to the grocery store, i carry whar i go to the bank, i carry when i go too see a movie, i carry when i go out to eat, i carry when i jog around the lake..and guess what...i have never pulled or even thought my weapon needed to be presented.

it is a fearfull society that fears the weapon and not the man..it is a fearfull society that makes fear where none is, it is a fearfull sciety that that makes every action questionable..we are a society in fear, not beacause there is fear but because those in power want us to fear, they want us to come to 'them' for saftey when they can offer none...go ahaead and try to sue law enforcement for not protecting you, go ahead and try to sue the govt for not protecting you...no matter what the circumstances are...dont you dare lift a finger to protect yourself.....................................

It is a paranoid society where one feels the need to "be strapped" to take out the trash...
Former leo
No surprise. Bend that law much? Fearing retribution for your personal actions?
Karma is a bitch goddess. Good luck.

Eta: it isn't a good idea to "carry when ar go to the bank".
Your whole post smells funny.
edit on 7-1-2014 by the owlbear because: jesus wept

edit on 7-1-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

It is legal to conceal carry into banks where I live, but not really necessary since these banks very rarely get robbed here, but in a big city with high gun crime and robberies like Chicago, a responsible gun owner carrying concealed into a bank seems very prudent.

after all, if you went to a bank and it was being robbed, and the gunman decided he needed to shoot a few people, you might have your life saved by that armed responsible gun owner.

It sounds like the people in Chicago should also learn to shoot very well, and very fast and accurate to survive the cities' blood thirsty police force.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Im down state,you probably call it gun toting redneck country. Should make rest of your comment non applicable. I moved out of the chicago area in 2008... Contrary to what you think you know, i only have the thought to carry when in shawnee, east st louis and when passing through this fine sheriffs city.
Preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is not paranoia, its being prepared. You can remain complacent as much as you want, and trust whoever you want.i dont pretent to know anyones needs better than them if you put all of your faith in your government and L/E please do so... I put mine in me and my neighbors.
I can kindof see where some might struggle with this paradox.. After all its all made up of our neighbors, and somtimes our neighbors go rogue... The same is true for the LE and government is it not? Thats why we stick to the constitution, and trust our neighbors.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
smells fishy??!? when you carry, ccw, you carry all the time..just cause i go for a jog or to the bank or the grocery store or the what ever...i carry, i dont carry because i think something will happen today, or that something will happen because im here or there...crime happens when others think that others are not prepared or are not willing or ..cant protect themself...

some of the replies to this thread show what others think about others that carry ccw, guess what....you will never know..in my neighborhood last year, we had a string of armed robberies on the street, never solved untill a citizen with a ccw shot back..never heard about the armed robberies again...MSM silence...have know idea but we never heard about any other armed robberies since....that is not my defense for legal CCW...keys in the fist, pen in the hand, nail file in hand, CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon)..wear does the legislation stop........

if one thinks or only fears the ...'gun', you have not been out or read much about what happens...how long before we have to start 'registaring our hands and feet' as weapons......

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join