It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Conceal Carry Apps Outpace Obamacare Apps

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Isn't it hilarious when pro gunners talk about how safe a gun is and then in the next sentence talk about gun violence..

Or I also love when they tell you they don't live in fear, yet in the same sentence talk about always carrying their weapon..because "well you never know"

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The Above is living in fear....just to let you know.

Gun owners always give the impression of cowardice...thinking mr. bad person is waiting around every corner to get them.

By the way ATS...why the hell do I have to add this in a new reply..why would it not stay in original reply?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i gave the example of gun violence because it was happening...do you think that those who were being criminals and harming others were legal ccws????????

it took a ccw person to stop it..or at least to stop the media from reporting it....

show your examples of ccw's confronting police, or citizens shopping and having an argument or parking ticket and a wild crazy ccw carry citizen freaked out..............

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This website keeps tabs on crime in Chicago...

HeyJackass! - Illustrating Chicago Values

There was over 10,000 robberies using weapons in 2013, about half were with guns.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The leaders show no respect for the law or the constitution... And the citizens follow suit, shocking!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

“I don’t care if they’re licensed legal firearms, people who are not highly trained… putting guns in their hands is a recipe for disaster. So I’ll train our officers that there is a concealed carry law, but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return fire and we’re going to have tragedies as a result of that. I’m telling you right up front.”

Nice to see that one man feels he has the right to overrule the rights of the majority, eh?
I was pretty sure that this was a democracy, not a dictatorship...
This guy needs to be removed from public office over this remark.
edit on 1/7/2014 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
and let me say that as a former LEO, the police are NOT HIGHLY TRAINED with weapons, ive met officers who wouldnt carry with a round in the chamber, officers that have shot themselves on the range, officers that have shot themselves while cleaning thier weapons...because of financial constraints, cut back weapons training by 50%.......never think that LEO are highly trained with thier weapons, ...they are just legally.......justified....to carry, regardless of competance......and if you have been on ATS for more than 2 hours you should have seen at least a couple of examples......most oficers are just people working a job
edit on 7-1-2014 by clearmind because: i cant type

edit on 7-1-2014 by clearmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

swimmer15
reply to post by xuenchen

The leaders show no respect for the law or the constitution... And the citizens follow suit, shocking!

No, the criminals, who had illegal guns, until this past weekend, had no respect for the law. What criminal does? Isn't that really the entire argument begind legal CCW and thugs with guns? All the strict gun laws in Chicago, and all it did was advertise it as a "gun free zone", which made anyone the thugs felt like targetting a walking bullseye.

It has not been legal CCW that have *ever* been the problem.

This is what our government doesn't seem to understand.

Making more gun laws will not affect thugs with guns. They already break the law. Most are felons or underaged with illegal guns anyway. They are not going to be caught, nor weeded out with stricter gun laws.

Especially not in Chicago, where they literally gave up even trying to find all but the most egregious of gun criminals. They claimed, first and foremost a lack of manpower, which is all but admitting they are literally overrun with illegal guns. Further criminalization is not the answer.

Arming a legal populace for self defense IS an answer, especially when they admit to lack of manpower. They may as well spell it out in plain English. Defend yourself, or be a victim. Maybe make it out alive, maybe not. But, the police likely will not help you. Not only that, but *gasp* it's our Constitutional right!

Then, top it off with Top Cop saying he will teach his men if they pull up on a shooting, and you are holding a gun, legal or not, they are going to shoot to kill.

How is THAT civilized?

It just goes back to the city is a wild jungle, theme brought out in the Zimmerman fiasco. Don't get out of your car if you are white or non-black. It' s a jungle out there! Seriously, is this the message that we should be having?

First, people of color get offended if you act afraid, lock your doors, roll up the windows. But, get out of your car unarmed, and you somehow commit some unspoken "crime" or "diss"?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. This all really needs to come to a stop, and it needs to be understood the streets belong to all of us, no one color, no one gang, and people have the right to get out of their cars, and not be tsked tsked, and be told, "He should have stayed in his truck." People need to learn, and sadly it will be the hard way, to keep their hands to themselves. These "games" have gotten way out of control in "gun free" zones. Just like school shootings.

The violence from illegal guns is overwhelming in Chicago mostly black on black crime, and mostly teens from 15-25. Not exclusively, but that's the current statistics.

I stated a while back that people of all colors would soon tire of the "knockout game" that is not a game. I also stated that eventually, people would arm themselves, and some may even go out waiting for a confrontation. That is irresponsible gun ownership, but eventually, no matter the scenario, the hunters will become the hunted.

Perhaps the next flyers Rham Emanuel passes out should advise the thugs of the new laws, instead of asking them, pretty please, to just be nice to others. That went over so well.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

...but when somebody turns with a firearm in their hand the officer does not have an obligation to wait to get shot to return
fire...

So in other words, a police officer can't be bothered to do his job as a police officer? I know several police folks who are honest and good cops all around. They've put themselves in harms way to use their brains first, weapons second. It's part of being a cop, don't like it than you're in the wrong line of work.

Honestly, this guy needs to go. His line of thinking is dangerous and will cause more deaths than any gun law could ever hope.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
m.huffpost.com...

Chicago Homicides Outnumber U.S. Troop
Killings In Afghanistan

The Daily pointed
out in a Friday column that more
Chicago residents -- 228 -- have
been killed so far this year in the
city than the number of U.S. troops
killed in Afghanistan - 144 -- over
the same period.

The war zone-like statistics are not
new. As WBEZ reports, while some
2,000 U.S. troops have been killed
in Afghanistan since 2001, more
than 5,000 people have been killed
by gun fire in Chicago during that
time, based on Department of
Defense and FBI data.

Just backing up a statement that I made, in case anyone doubted the truth.

This article was posted in June, and nothing changed, in fact, it even got worse once it was realized that literally nothing was going to be done to track down most criminals.

www.dnainfo.com...

Most Shooters In Chicago Don't
Face Charges

It’s getting easier to get away with shooting
people in Chicago.

Last year, gunmen who shot and wounded
someone got away without criminal charges
94 percent of the time, according to a
DNAinfo.com Chicago analysis of police data.

So, no, I am not sensationalizing, but speaking the truth. There is something seriously wrong when a state disallows it's law abiding citizens the right to defend themselves, yet, fails to prosecute 94% of gun crimes.

One *MUST* ask why? First and foremost. Is someone handing down orders? What is really happening here?

This was in January 2013, quoting 2012 statistics, which were up from 2011, when the failure to prosecute was a mere 91%. So yes, it got worse.

Is this Chief of police an enabler? Is he sending a silent message that he is for this behaviour before he was against it? What seems to be the problem here, in a city with some of the strictest gun laws in the COUNTRY, that fails to even bother to prosecute 94% of gun crimes?

Yet, let an "illegal" gun owner defend their life in Chicago, and tell the truth? And they face charges for gun crimes! Are you *kidding* me?!

www.examiner.com...

80-year-old Chicago man kills intruder, may face charges

The Supreme Court is currently hearing
McDonald v. Chicago, which could repeal
Chicago’s longstanding handgun ban. But
justice may come too late for an elderly
Korean War vet who was simply defending
his 83-year-old wife and 12-year-old
grandson.

Someone, explain this to me, please, because, I simply cannot wrap my brain around this type of reasoning. I can understand if someone breaks a law, the must face the music, but why the extreme selectiveness? Why is it the victims are nearly the only ones that have music to face?

www.chicagomag.com...

...after her 16-year-old son, Cornell Ferguson, and his friend Johnqualas Turner were gunned down...

... The word around the
neighborhood, she says, was that the
shooter (or shooters) wanted to “make a
statement” to the neighborhood—This block
is mine—and fired on the boys for no better
reason than that they were standing there...

What a sad, sad state of affairs. She had to BE the police, and pursue her sons' killer, she earned the 10k reward, and posted flyers asking for information. She beat the police to the crime scene, and had to wait an hour for them to arrive.

About three-quarters
of the people who killed someone in Chicago
in 2012 have gotten away with murder—so
far, at least. “Those stats suggest a crisis,”

A crisis. I think that's the best word for what is going on. And what? We just expect people, against their Constitutional rights to not defend themselves, to just suck it up, cupcake? Move? Make it another Detroit? How about the people that want their city, their homes, their lives back?

It's high time The People empowered themselves, and stood up for their rights, when obviously, the government that's "here to help" really isn't.

More importantly, it's high time people all over the country quit living in fear and took their streets and cities back. Some lessons are learned the hard way, and looks like this will be one of them.

And yes, it's time they get voted out. I imagine that's the next step. In more cities than this one.

edit on 8-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

It's good to see so much in support of ousting this guy. I have posted a few messages in the past about him, and people simply seemed to not care. Not aimed at you or anyone in particular, obviously, just glad to see a lot of people in agreement.

I guess it actually took the laws being written and going into effect for some to see what was going on.

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

open your eyes and ears and pay attention, and when the cops come, immediately drop your gun...don't act like a child

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how almost any civilian involved in a shooting in the course of action of self defense, which is a traumatic event to even a well-trained police officer, can be at all associated with being a child.

Many police officers suffer depression, suicidal thoughts, and PTSD after their first shooting, and they, above all others, have mentally prepared many hours for such an incident becoming a reality. Some even quit. Are they children, too?

Under the best of circumstances, most people will likely be in emotional shock, and possibly, if they received any physical injury - even having been shot themselves, may be in physical shock.

Join the real world, where, for most people, having to actually use their weapon is not something they relish or look forward to. It is a last ditch, life saving thing they feel they have no choice BUT to do. It is a snap decision, one made when confronted with, "Your life, or mine."

It is not at all uncommon, nor incomprehensible, that the police may arrive at a confrontation nearly instantaneously, depending on the circumstances, and the shooter that just defended themselves will be having a likely relieved and grateful response to police arrival.

One of the last things on their mind is going to be, "I best holster or drop my weapon, because they are going to kill me."

They would, more likely, still weapon in hand, raise their hands and turn to the police, and say, "Thank God you are here! I was so..."

Bam. Dead right there. No questions asked.

Mark my words. It may be covered up, but in this day and age of camera phones and video, the truth will out. He has already confessed his will and his crime, and his intent to teach and to commit.

Now, the question will be, how many have to die, innocently, before he is removed, and prosecuted.

How many of you reading this even knew of of his confession to commit this crime before you read the O.P.?

How many people do you think outside ATS, and other such limited sites know his intent, because the media has intentionally refused to cover this insanity?

edit on 8-1-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You are right in all that you said and your reasoning.. I cant disagree with anything excepet your first "no".
You dont think leadership has anything to do with it? I mean they are do as i say, not as i do leaders, where has that ever worked?
Law enforcment cant handle the problem thats without question.
The fact that the city has any order, is proof that the majority are good people, and its their city, untie their hands and let them own it. I think that is what scares them.
edit on 8-1-2014 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Glad to have someone like you in redneck country
; Welcome. This was a very well-written post, and is pretty much what I was gonna say to this poster. preparedness determines who will walk away and who won't. There's nothing "paranoid" about that. It's called self preservation and a person being able to defend their family if the need shall arise. I'm not gonna be one of the victims executed in the middle of a mall, or anywhere else, by some crazy nut. I don't understand why some of these anti-gun people don't wanna give themselves a better chance of surviving a situation. I can't depend on the cops to help me. Where I live, I am 911.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So I'm hearing two things here:

1. More people want to arm and protect themselves than sign up for government run health care
2. The Chicago PD website can handle more traffic than the Obamcare website

I gotta say neither one of these is a surprise.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I sold all my firearms last year and switched to a sling and slingshot....i swear a sling is more powerful than some pistols and a slingshot is more accurate then all pistols...and this is coming from an ex sniper....only problem is you get one shot haha...so rate of fire blows, but im impressed with how amazing these wpns are and with the way things are looking...im increasing my ability with old school wpns....blow gun, bows, xbow etc....

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Well, there were quite a few threads about exactly that behaviour displayed by LEOs all around the US (like a teenage boy with his toy gun being shot), so it seems to be rather common. Also in each of those threads there were a few people defending the LEOs action, so I guess some people are fine with it.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Libertygal
m.huffpost.com...

Very telling and chilling observation on the state of reality which the establishment hopes the sheeple won't notice.
Even a US soldier, most hated enemy of brown people in the Middle East is still safer in downtown Fallujah from fanatical suicide troops than a simple Drycleaner in Chicago.
If that isn't a wake up call for the sleeping masses of America then I don't know what is.
Awesome thread LGal.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Isn't amazing how the Anti-Gunners actually think gun control will control gun violence.....

Forgot that Chicago and DC are the two safest cities around.. all thanks to gun control.. Oh wait they aren't.

To think a drug dealing gang banger will have any regard for a "gun control law" when they don't have a regard for any other law is folly... how could you not see that?

-------------------------

But no... we don't think there is going to be a bad man around every corner.... We think that $#&^ happens and think we should be prepared for it if / when it does....

Why do people buy tire chains?
Why do people buy Generators?
Why do people not just buy one night's worth of food at a time?
Why do people bring a designated driver?

Are you people really that dense?

Have you ever been held at gun point sir?

I have... it was a double barreled shotgun held by some gang banger in a mask and about 4 of his buddies wielding random things.. It was pointed right at my face... My Coworkers and I managed to talk them down but later a man was shot and killed by those same thugs..

Why should I have to put up with that? Is it so wrong that when faced with a dangerous situation I want to be able to stand and fight on equal ground as these wastes of flesh? You may be happy "being the victim" but I most certainly am not!

Also... do you really think any sort of "Gun Control" legislation would have any effect on that murderous gang banger?

(ALSO if anyone is wondering where this happened it was south St. Louis off of Grand.... Also strict gun laws there..)
edit on 17-1-2014 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm with this chief 100%...If you draw your gun on an officer, that officer should blow that SOB away...if you gun strokers want the wild west. be prepared to get shot...

What a ignorant perspective and statement to make... Oh wait, "Stockton, California"... And the statement preludes the state of residence. Stay in Cali.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join