It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan's Statue design unveiled in Oklahoma

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just read through the comment section of the article. The number of people calling for Oklahoma (and New York for guilt by association) to be struck down if they go through with it, are more evil to me than the people who want the statue.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

So, what you're saying is - this monument would be OK with you as long as they make Satan more Satan-y?

God, I love ATS

HAHA!

More "Satan-y"....... Would a statue of a beautiful angel, that was really well lit and bright, sitting on a throne with a sign that says, "King of this World" do it? I wonder.......

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

HAHA!

More "Satan-y"....... Would a statue of a beautiful angel, that was really well lit and bright, sitting on a throne with a sign that says, "King of this World" do it? I wonder.......

:-)

Well, I think a monument to The Dude would have made the same point - and worked just as well

The point being...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by payta

umm, simple question. Why brand yourself as Satanists? Why such a negative image?

Why not be simple humanists? Why do you need to cast yourselves as the archetypal enemy of Christianity-Judaism, when Christianity and Judaism, despite some excessive conservative views, has been overwhelmingly good for our world?

People who veer in this direction, even though they abide by mostly rational beliefs, are a bit disturbed by EVEN WANTING to call themselves Satanists.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Astrocyte
reply to post by payta

umm, simple question. Why brand yourself as Satanists? Why such a negative image?

To whom is the connotation negative? Why brand yourself a Christian or Buddhist or any other of the various organized faiths?

Why not be simple humanists? Why do you need to cast yourselves as the archetypal enemy of Christianity-Judaism, when Christianity and Judaism, despite some excessive conservative views, has been overwhelmingly good for our world?

Or rather why BE a simple humanist? Nobody who follows LaVeys COS is an enemy of any religion. You can't be an enemy of something you don't believe in. It's like saying you're an enemy of Dora the Explorer. I'm curious how you came to the conclusion that Christianity has been overwhelmingly good for the world.did you create a tally sheet weighing the good and bad things done by the church specifically and Christians in general? I dare say Copernicus, Gallileo and especially Giordano Bruno would be hard pressed to agree with that sentiment.

People who veer in this direction, even though they abide by mostly rational beliefs, are a bit disturbed by EVEN WANTING to call themselves Satanists.

Not nearly as disturbed as those who make blanket statements about a system they really don't know anything about while preaching from a soap box.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

The image of Satan has evolved so much to fit the current criteria that people don't even know what they are dealing with anymore.

The earliest depiction of the Devil describes him as the Great Accuser. It was his job, as an Angel divinely ordained by God, to attempt to deceive men into committing acts of sin against one another and to blasphemy against God. Then when judgement comes, he will accuse you all day long in front of God. He was like the kid in school who instigates you into a fight with another kid, then when you give in and do it he tells the teacher on you.

edit on 12-1-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I would love for this to get the go-ahead, just for the resulting butthurt.
edit on 12-1-2014 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Konduit
reply to post by mahatche

The image of Satan has evolved so much to fit the current criteria that people don't even know what they are dealing with anymore.

The earliest depiction of the Devil describes him as the Great Accuser. It was his job, as an Angel divinely ordained by God, to attempt to deceive men into committing acts of sin against one another and to blasphemy against God. Then when judgement comes, he will accuse you all day long in front of God. He was like the kid in school who instigates you into a fight with another kid, then when you give in and do it he tells the teacher on you.

edit on 12-1-2014 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

How is that at all helpful to any benevolent overlord?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join