It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Discover Conjoined Gray Whale Calves Dying Near West Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Following continued news of disturbing sea life occurrences off the West Coast, scientists in Mexico’s Scammon’s Lagoon, also known as Laguna Ojo de Liebre, have discovered what appears to be the first ever documented case of conjoined gray whale calves.

Is this the due to the "Oceans Dead Zones", Fukushima, Pollution or Something Else?

Read the full story here www.storyleak.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flammadraco

Needless to say the poor thing passed away!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

This is terrible!
Something in the ocean is causing all these poor creatures to mutate/die.

I'm not sure whether it is indeed Fukushima, or something we yet have to discover, but I hope scientists will get to the bottom of this before it's too late.
edit on 7/1/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This made me think of hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, i wonder what they must think and weather they like it etc
edit on 7-1-2014 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So when we see two-headed anything these days, it's a sign? You know, people have been thinking that about malformed animals for thousands of years. The ancient Mesopotamian cultures called it Summa izbu, and had an elaborate system to interpret what the malformations meant. Isn't this sort of what you all are doing?

How about this - it's just a malformed animal birth. These things happen, and they are just as likely to happen to whales as they are to happen to any other living creature. The condition even has its own name, polycephaly, and this whale calf looks no different than the critters in those photos. Just because we've never seen one before doesn't mean this has never happened.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Poor babies. It was heart-wrenching watching them struggle for breath. I think causality would be tough to proof on this one, but it is hard not to see something like this and make a reactionary connection to Fukushima.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
We all know what's next...

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ketsuko
So when we see two-headed anything these days, it's a sign? You know, people have been thinking that about malformed animals for thousands of years. The ancient Mesopotamian cultures called it Summa izbu, and had an elaborate system to interpret what the malformations meant. Isn't this sort of what you all are doing?

How about this - it's just a malformed animal birth. These things happen, and they are just as likely to happen to whales as they are to happen to any other living creature. The condition even has its own name, polycephaly, and this whale calf looks no different than the critters in those photos. Just because we've never seen one before doesn't mean this has never happened.

"the first ever documented case of conjoined gray whale calves."

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

That still doesn't mean much. Most of them likely die out to sea and do not come in to shore, so they wouldn't be documented. Would they?

You are likely seeing this one because it was still alive when they found it. It lived long enough to get beached.
edit on 7-1-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

You are probably correct (And I hope you are), however with all the other mass deaths recorded along the same stretch of Coast Line in the last month and other sea life mutations recorded in the last year for example;

Eyeless Shrimp
Fish Plagued with oozing Lesions
28% of Polar Bears in Alaska with Skin Lesions and Hair Loss

To name but a few examples, leaves me to think that this is something more than just a normal occurrence.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

ketsuko
So when we see two-headed anything these days, it's a sign?

I never said it was a "sign" btw in the OP, i asked if it could be a number of several factors!

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Rare sea creatures washing up on shore:

www.examiner.com...

I believe there have been many threads here on ATS in the last couple of months about sea creatures in big quantities washing up on shores in different parts of the world.

I am not ignoring the fact that conjoined births happen, I'm just looking at the bigger picture and trying to connect the dots.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

So where are all the conservation, Green Peace, PETA and the global warming groups on what is happening in the Pacific ocean. How about some oceanographers.....anybody ??

Could it be this may be real and there just may not be politics' involved or money to scam.

If I am wrong and one of these groups are involved then please refer me to a site telling me what they are doing. If I have missed it I would like to feel good about something these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Not sure, I just started the OP about the poor creature found on Sunday, why not Google the questions you have?

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence...
That applies whichever side of the coin you view things from...

The oceans are a pretty large part of the worlds surface as we all know, currents move in various directions, wind, waves, surface drift, predators all will have an effect upon a floating object.

On this OP, despite my support for the likes of Sea Shepherds, Greenpeace and a great respect for the cetaceans rights to exist unmolested I am totally neutral.

Fukushima is still holding back many of its dark secrets whether that be waterborne, windborne or any other transmission of pollution. The long term effects will no be known for years or even decades.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I did a little research but found what I thought Id find, endless speculation by journalist and ocean acidification. Then I looked up Fukushima and you can imagine what I got there.

I went to specific web site's and nothing that says they are actually taking a look see or a stand on what they believe is happening.

I was in hopes of someone knowing a specific site they were researching.

Please don't take what I said personally, it was not meant to be. Your post is very good and very sad at the same time. where animals are concerned I get a little emotional....sorry.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Oh wow

This should be in the Japan forum. Do we know for sure it's from Fukushima? No. Do we know for sure it isn't? No. Should we assume it is? Yes.

So how many more two headed whales must wash ashore before the radiation deniers come to their senses? I fear this is just the beginning...
S&F

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I never took your response personally!. And I agree with you someone somewhere does need to look into this, but I have several ideas why that's not happening;

a) No one country wants to take responsibility for researching as its not their problem
b) Perhaps research has been conducted but the findings have been muted by TPTB so not to alarm the "sheeple"
c) A cover up from both Japan and the US amongst others so the NWO can get their 500 Million "Sheeple" quota as described on the Georgia Stones

All the aforementioned are just hypothesis but we may never know.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I actually said "Is this the due to the "Oceans Dead Zones", Fukushima, Pollution or Something Else?"

I could have asked if it was Comet Ison for example, I more inclined to think its a mixture of several factors, mainly the expansion of "Dead Zones" in the oceans and this has already caused a lot of stress to marine life and then Fukushima has not helped.

I personally would like to have seen it placed into an "Animal Forum" rather than Fukushima.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am embarrassed for our species. We don't deserve this planet. What some fail to understand is that all water is connected. We will eventually end up drinking radioactive water. If there ever was a time when we needed help from E.T.s, this would be it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join