It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide Nuclear terror drills: Cause for Concern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
We're in safe hands. Since 2001, there hasn't been a major terror attack on US soil thanks to Homeland Security bills measures and restrictions, right?

Define major terror! Pressure cookers, move over, the nuclear terror threat is very real! America has used radioactive bombs (DU) throughout Iraq & Afghanistan, as well as is currently upon Pakistan through drones, so imagine the sheer horror if terrorists use such weapons, or worse, a nuclear device, on the US homeland.

All hell may break loose, if that happens! Better safe than sorry...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Anchorman 2 really explains this type of news. "Well there is something going on.... We have no real idea.... Lets interview someone who also has no idea.... excellent... Umm... Take dramatic blurry pictures of the choppers so that all the military personal, conspiracy personal, and normal people cant really figure out what kinda chopper, ... excellent.... Now speculate... speculate... Excellent... and do not bring up the huge purchase of Potassium iodide pills.. ah.. they are scared... Muhahahahahahahahaaaaahhahahahahaa

Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Doesn't make you feel warm and fuzzy, huh? And, what's in those containers? I haven't trusted our government for years.
If something happens we'll most likely know right when it happens. Or, we'll get a last minute warning where all chaos will break loose.
I've watched shows on the Dooms Day Warriors and initially I thought "Oh brother" but now I believe they are the smarter individuals than ones that are not prepared for an attack.
I honestly do not know what I'd do or where I'd go.... Maybe it's time for a mind-set change?
It also seems like if we were at risk of an attack the government would assist the population on how to handle one - don't you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

all while there stocking up on Iodine Tablets. I am guessing west cost gets hit, maybe east coast but since their underground bunkers are in middle america, the middle will be safe.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocScurlock

Good point!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yessir, as of late I've wondered if moving back to CA from NE was a good choice, BUT the town I lived in, North Platte, NE has the largest switching yard in the world, so don't know if I'd be too safe there when shtf.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
^ Me too, well I just moved back to LA area from NYC, couldn't stay away from the warmth & radiation, etc, it's invigorating!.. hence the concern

Damned if I do, both ways seems! Why can't my employer/career relocate overseas like many are these days?

What if we pay MORE tax.. will that help the government keep us safer??

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

So, we shouldn't protect nuclear power plants and we definitely shouldn't run drills in case some nutter decides to strike one? Makes sense. If we ignore them, perhaps others will too, right?

I bet if you saw some folks running a drill in which they were fleeing a city and going to their bug out spot, you'd be okay with that. BUT, let the gov't run a drill and they're definitely up to no good and most likely preparing for the ever infamous "False Flag" Operation.

As others have stated on this site...When the gov't isn't prepared for a disaster they're incompetent, but if they are prepared then they were definitely up to something.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Indeed it would be refreshing to find out drills once again weren't just target practice/preps to catch people off guard thinking its just another drill when the real deal blows, as has been documented in previous terror attacks/massacres on US soil.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The guy with bald head and blemish on his nose! What is in the background?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can say that in this day and age, I find it highly unlikely that major scale terrorist activity in this country can be carried out without prior knowledge.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

denybedoomed

Yessir, as of late I've wondered if moving back to CA from NE was a good choice, BUT the town I lived in, North Platte, NE has the largest switching yard in the world, so don't know if I'd be too safe there when shtf.

I've often thought that, too. Not about moving to CA, I've never left the middle, but KC is one of the two major railway connections, so if someone was serious about crippling cross country rail, it would make sense to hit it.

However, if we're thinking terror, they want big, flashy targets like the Golden Gate or iconic buildings like the Capital or Times Square and the Empire State Building. And besides, everyone ignores the middle. Why do you think I'm "flown over"?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lets see.. the cover story to explain how a nuke type bomb(s) permeated the burder...

might be blamed on Iranians passing thru Mexico

or, Cargo ship from China? And the terrorists likely from the mideast or this time, from south asia to spread the demographics US is now profiling more east toward china (china borders india among others)

i mean, the attack would be relied on as an impetus to move into Iran (finally) and/or farther east now that drones are already over Pakistan; the war will keep moving east.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Should we worry...probably not but do they have my attention...you bet they do! Is it a coincidence that in the past 2 months or so I have heard A LOT of prepare commercials. I might have even seen one on the TV but can't recall for sure.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

gardener
Lets see.. the cover story to explain how a nuke type bomb(s) permeated the burder...

might be blamed on Iranians passing thru Mexico

or, Cargo ship from China? And the terrorists likely from the mideast or this time, from south asia to spread the demographics US is now profiling more east toward china (china borders india among others)

i mean, the attack would be relied on as an impetus to move into Iran (finally) and/or farther east now that drones are already over Pakistan; the war will keep moving east.

Or;

Nukes from the old Soviet Union smuggled in with the help of Mossad ?

If somebody really gets fed up with Obama. Hmmm.

In which countries are loose nukes a problem?

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

blogs.calgaryherald.com...

Is Mother Nature about to start something that in the UK sounds like FEMA already Axtive.

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Here's a different angle to
be considered. Are we thinking alike OP ?
edit on 7-1-2014 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I live in the heart of Los Angeles. Either I'm falling into the ocean, or I'm getting hit buy the trrrrrorrrrrists. I could move back home to the mid west but then I'd just be sitting over the yellowstone supervolcano. I could move to NYC, but that's going to be wiped out when the canary islands mega tsunami finally hits.

Guess I'll stay here where it's warm.

new topics

top topics

join