It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson To Form Own Television Production Company

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Mr. Duck is reportedly going to finish this season as his contract states, but then move everything to his own production company. My prediction ... the market is saturated and this is a major mistake on his part. He'll put everything into it .. and it'll be a flub (like late in the 70's when the Osmond Brothers lost everything by investing all they had into a production company in Salt Lake City).

And no ... I"m not anti-Mr. Duck. I'm just thinking that the Duck Dynasty time has peaked ...

Duck Amuck - Phil Robertsons Revenge

A source tells The ENQUIRER that Robertson, 67, will return to A&E filming in the spring, but meanwhile he’s hatching a secret plot to form his own TV produc­tion company, jump ship from A&E and take his whole family – and hundreds of millions of adver­tising and merchandise dollars – with him!

Yes this is the National Enquirer ... but they get these things right.

Side note ... I never saw the show until the big uproar. So we tuned in to see what the fuss was. Saw one show. It was dumb. They were putting an old camper up in a tree to use as a duck blind. It was a half hour of my life I won't get back .....

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Phil's many things, dumb ain't one of them. Production is where the money is. DD won't be the only product. He'll clean up.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Seeing how A&E owns the name Duck Dynasty what will they call it? Ignorant redneck tv? I can see one of the shows now How to pose as a hillbilly for fun and profit.
edit on 6-1-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

intrepid
Phil's many things, dumb ain't one of them. Production is where the money is. DD won't be the only product. He'll clean up.

I agree on this.... His values and Faith rub many hard in the wrong direction but then, they also dovetail completely with as many people across our nation. He won't be making bank off the people who hate him and so, it won't really bother them either way, I'll bet.

They'll clean up on the % who either agree ..or find them refreshing among the sea of programming pushing the opposite ideals, non stop.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

intrepid

I am VERY sure that he's a smart fella. No question. Just looking at what they've done and the $$$ they are bringing in tells us that. I'm just thinking the market is saturated. I can think of two others who have tried to start their own production companies while at the top of their game ... The Osmonds in the late 70's and Oprah. The Osmonds lost everything. And the Oprah channel is failing miserably.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good for him.

He'll do his own show.

Then produce more shows for rednecks to love.

1/2 this country is conservative so I'm sure he'll find a few million viewers that will watch.

I wish him the best.

(post by Zeppp removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Side note ... I never saw the show until the big uproar. So we tuned in to see what the fuss was. Saw one show. It was dumb. They were putting an old camper up in a tree to use as a duck blind. It was a half hour of my life I won't get back .....

I am surprised you gave it that long. I have hunters in my family so of course over the Holiday I got the whole spiel...that even took too much of my time.

I was so annoyed I wrote this...
edit on 6-1-2014 by abeverage because: of Quacks...

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

HA HA you progressive liberal you

You're correct The Enquirer does tend to be right on these things. Especially in cases where amateur celebrity is involved. I also feel you are correct in the points of that America's love affair with all things Robertson is fading and that starting their own production company will most likely fail. There is only so much simpletons in the woods American audiences will watch before the novelty wears off. And while with their own production company on a Christian network may hold a stable audience, it being on a Christian network will just as easily turn off viewers as well. Unless they possibly end up on ION which is mixed between Christian value programming and more mainstream programming.

The best option really is to ride DD with A&E and if you must start a production company to produce actual sportsman programming for the outdoor channels. That would ultimately have more value than a scripted psuedo-reality show.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

KeliOnyx
HA HA you progressive liberal you

Seriously hysterical!! I couldn't stop laughing ....

You're correct The Enquirer does tend to be right on these things.

People say 'it's tabloids' but they have their own mafia style investigating on these things.
They are the ones that broke the John Edwards story.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Zeppp

If you are not anti Phil Robertson why do you use the derogatory term Mr. Duck instead of using his name? I mean is it that hard for you to use his name, or are you like those folks over at MSMBC who thought it was funny mocking Mitt Romney's adopted black grandchild? People like you are in for a rude awakening in the next couple of years as your Progressive, Liberal bull$hit is going to be called out, and your small minded flavor of the day comments are going to be called into check!

Ahhh, sipping a nice cup of tea, enjoying the morning, planning the day, reading some ATS, reading a post where FlyersFan is accused of being a progressive-. . . . . wait, what?

LOLZ

Zeppp, I think you may have missed the mark on this one.

LOLZ

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeppp

Wow what good example of a republicans, quick to bash soon as someone comments about their political spectrum.

Lurk more.

Then maybe you will realize what political spectrum people here belong to.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Zeppp

Wow what good example of a republicans, quick to bash soon as someone comments about their political spectrum.

Lurk more.

Then maybe you will realize what political spectrum people here belong to.

I'm just sick of the Illuminati tv complex attacking good Americans. Then little forum pukes make their little slights and attacks just to win favor and grace with what they think is popular. As the Obama the anti American and his mindless minions goes forward with a Progressive Liberal agenda it will be met with resistance. There will be some who will meet the resistance in the safety of the forums and as things worse and SHTF there will others that will feel the wrath on the field.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

top topics

join