It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bell Island Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I am 31 and I've lived in St. John's, Newfoundland my entire life and I can honestly say that I have never heard of this before! Star and Flag OP, this was a really great surprise for me and an awesome read

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

JadeStar
This sounds to me a lot like a bomb driven electromagnetic pulse (EMP).

I don't see why this kind of thing is so often attributed to weapons testing or some kind of bomb. I can see certain situations where such a thing could happen perfectly naturally, a result of something as simple as a significant change in temperature or air pressure. The atmosphere is naturally highly charged. That's why we get lightning. Get it vibrating in the right way from heating or cooling and I can imagine all kinds of booms and sparks resulting from it that aren't going to be from traditional lightning, but rather from unusual atmospheric wave patterns.

P.S. -- One clue to this might be to see if Bell Island is located on or near a place where two highly active weather patterns frequently intersect. Sort of the same way Oklahoma is known to be "tornado alley" because of where the cold northern Jet Stream intersects with the warm, moist winds coming up from the Gulf of Mexico. Maybe Bell Island is at one of these intersection points.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

It was not a one off event. The boom season lasted months and the booms had a time pattern aswell...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

purplemer
It was not a one off event. The boom season lasted months and the booms had a time pattern aswell...

Exactly. That's what suggests to me that it is a recurring thing that happens under recurring atmospheric conditions, just like tornado season in Oklahoma.

Are you at all familiar with soliton wave generation? SOLITON WAVES

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Maybe you are correct but it seems to me that booms heard at the same time period each day for six months of year in the same area is indicative of something different. The weather man in the video and the atmospherical scientist both concluded that these events where not caused by the weather.

But as I said maybe you are correct. What do I know about the weather...

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

six67seven
Remember the kid stated he saw a white orb about three feet across with orange lining the edge. Given that report along with the beam of light, holes in the ground, something was traveling. Energy or someTHING?

Could this be something related with time-travel, inter-dimensional? Or maybe it was just military/Los Alamos.

Intriguing nonetheless.

Doubt it was anything alien or other 'outthereally' since that description of the kids is identical to the one given to ball lightning sightings. From witness testimony ive read and seen, a three foot around diameter is pretty much the upper limit of ball lightning.

Looking at it, id say the orbs people were seeing (what ever they were) were a product of the event not the cause of the vent themselves.

Personally who knows, could be anything really.

Heck 5 years back the power junction that regulates the power supplies for our part of town failed and we woke up to lights getting amazingly bright or coming on by themselves before popping, we went outside and found most of the areas neighbors all out and talking of similar things like TV's, modems, anything on standby exploding, fridges and electrical sockets smoking etc. Luckily we lost only a video recorder, most of our lights and a few other minor appliances like the kettle, some people had 10k or more in damages. We didnt see any ball lightning though or any booms.

The reason it happened to us was the weather had been very warm, dry and the fuses where old and couldn't hold out in that sort of environment, they blew and the surrounding area had unrestricted electrical flow to every house, to the point where it was jumping the gap between connections in wall sockets even when they where turned off.

Interesting case though. Someone mentioned a superbolt up thread, be interesting if it was like one of those interplanetary bolts electric universe theorists say could happen between planets.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
it sounds hi tech to me. some form of technology. there was a "beam" of light? we've been the test rats for their new weapons for years, why not this? interplanetary lightning? me thinks not.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Armadall
I am 31 and I've lived in St. John's, Newfoundland my entire life and I can honestly say that I have never heard of this before! Star and Flag OP, this was a really great surprise for me and an awesome read

pretty sure it's been featured on NTV late night... You know when things get "weird" on there and there's no telling what they'll put on.. The Stirling's almost deserve their own thread.

On topic.great thread. I'm of the opinion that it's was atmospheric in nature and had to do with the vast iron deposits and Super Lightning ... but You never know

edit on 6-1-2014 by SynchronousSnake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Nice thread. Something new to research.
Thanks.
Limbo

posted on Jan, 7 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SynchronousSnake

Haha watching late night NTV when I was a child was responsible for me learning about the UFO over Random Island that occured back in the 70's. If memory serves Geoff Stirling did an intro or something to that program (RIP Geoff Stirling).

clarenville.newfoundland.ws...
edit on AMTue, 07 Jan 2014 10:03:41 -060001am07amTuesdayTuesday by Armadall because: added link

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This could well have been early experimentation with 'directed free energy', possibly associated with particle beam weapon testing.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ciscoagent

Thats where I would put my money too.. Early testing of electromagnetic warfare... and it well a little wrong at Bell Island possibly because of the large amounts of iron ore present there...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join