It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Nakedness of a Telepathic Society

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was thinking about this in the days leading up to the "Mayan Calendar End Date", just letting my mind wander. Some people, the David Wilcock types, were talking about ascension to a higher level. The higher level types we have stories about, aka aliens & angels, are mostly telepathic. Most ET abductees claim their abductors communicated with them telepathically.

So if the "next level of consciousness" contains telepathy, it raises a lot of issues. It would revolutionize society. It would be impossible to keep secrets. Your thoughts and emotions broadcast out loud for all to hear. Just imagine trying to keep your mind from betraying something you'd like to hide. A girl you have a crush on. She knows. What you think about your boss. He knows. What you think about in bed. Your partner knows.

The nakedness of a telepathic society raises a whole number of social issues - it seems to me like a whole new system would have to be set up if lying became impossible.

I'm not predicting anything of the sort to happen, though others have. I'm just wondering out loud, in a kind of sci-fi way, what would it do to our society?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoTonTommy

I think we can reach a telepathic society. I think it's starting. I used to be a hardcore atheist skeptic. Then I hit rock bottom for a second time when my passion tools a stalemate, and went on a spiritual path. Read my thread right above yours.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy
Most ET abductees claim their abductors communicated with them telepathically.

Including me.

I'm not predicting anything of the sort to happen, though others have. I'm just wondering out loud, in a kind of sci-fi way, what would it do to our society?

It would eliminate our social institutions and bureaucracy and the need for them. Psi is anti-structure.

edit on 2-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Your concerns would be the concerns of all. No one left behind. The greatest frontier would turn out to be the self in a selfless society. So all these social embarrassments wouldn't last vary long, you wouldn't just know or broadcast a crush it would be the entire portfolio of feelings and entire array of why you find someone attractive or interesting.

Not all of it would be base enough to offend, the cobwebs of secrets and forgetfulness would be a thing of the past.

The paradigm would be an alien one to be sure.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it would be as open as you presume. Do you often get forced to speak? Probably not. So why should you be forced to communicate telepathically? Your thinking seems to be, that everyone's mind would be an open book, but I'm not sure about that. People would still have control of their own thoughts and actions. I am pretty sure that, unless you wanted someone to come in, they couldn't. I have no proofs for that, just my own presumptions. It may come down to degrees of control. You only allow someone in as far as they need to be. On the inverse, there might be those stronger than you, mentally, who could perhaps force you to do certain things, like mind control. Or, they could force open your mind and allow themselves access to all that you are.

In reality, if people did have some kind of uncontrolled omnidirectional telepathy, would it be so bad? Sure people would see the deepest, darkest parts of you. The hidden bits your probably ashamed of, and things that don't make you proud. However, you would also be seeing all of theirs as well. Couldn't very well be judgmental in that situation now can we? In addition, you would also be able to see their hopes and dreams, all the goodness and triumph. It would be very very different. We would come up with an entirely different society. Probably much more accepting and tolerant. One can only hope.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

So if the "next level of consciousness" contains telepathy, it raises a lot of issues. It would revolutionize society. It would be impossible to keep secrets. Your thoughts and emotions broadcast out loud for all to hear. Just imagine trying to keep your mind from betraying something you'd like to hide. A girl you have a crush on. She knows. What you think about your boss. He knows. What you think about in bed. Your partner knows.

this is already happening. "angels and demons" anyone? you are constantly emitting electro magnetic pulse signatures into the ether. ascension? is achieving privacy from within. being able to intuit, and block.

the way of the intercepting mind.

or not. just mho

edit on 1 2 14 by JustSomeGuy1974 because: trying to rush in

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Huggiesunrise
Your concerns would be the concerns of all. No one left behind. The greatest frontier would turn out to be the self in a selfless society. So all these social embarrassments wouldn't last vary long, you wouldn't just know or broadcast a crush it would be the entire portfolio of feelings and entire array of why you find someone attractive or interesting.

Not all of it would be base enough to offend, the cobwebs of secrets and forgetfulness would be a thing of the past.

The paradigm would be an alien one to be sure.

totally.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Telepathy doesn't work like that.

It isn't like wearing a prompt screen on your face or being some sort of 'loudspeaker' per se. could you imagine if all were 'loudspeakering' at once? Inconceivable.

I can and do communicate 'telepathically' and it is a wavelength thing, something I and certain others can tune into. I add with complete certainty that only those that I choose to communicate with, receive the communication, and the communication is beyond instant, this has been proven. Best not to ask how, but it has.

Those that I know that I can and do communicate with and them with me are a select few and they are those that I have connected with on deeper levels (in ethical ways) . I won't say too much on this here but there have been times when this communication has been invaluable and has saved the day a good few times.

I hasten to add, because I was once accused of my art and intelligence being channeled from others as some sort of 'medium' this simply isn't the case. My art, words, intelligence etc are all my own. The telepathic communication I know is like having a conversation, each keeps their own identity.
edit on 2-1-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
For me, it raises a lot of questions about my thought processes. I'm a pretty honest person, but I don't always show my hand. I think it would benefit us in enormous ways, just by forcing a lot more honesty out there. The machinery of theft and deception would end. Or would it? Would the thieves just be more out in the open, and use intimidation rather than stealth?

What would the evil-minded person do if forced to share his thoughts?

I think if the veil was lifted, overnight , that many people would go absolutely insane. System shock, information overload. People that only know the lie, and have little experience with honesty, would have their whole lives vanish.

Oh, and the politicians! What will they do? The politicians will be doing community service en masse to atone for all their schemes and backroom deals, for allowing this world to be taken over by evil corporations.

What about the organizers of false flag attacks, and other forms of violence? If the truth were made self-evident, there would be hell to pay for their abominable actions.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What about the poor Used Car Salesman??? Rofl!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Imagine trying to eat in a society like that. It wouldn't be very much fun. Suppose you are not vegan and sitting next to or across the room from someone who is and you happen to be eating meat. Suppose you are just eating someone that someone else finds disgusting. Suppose you are eating someone that would be life-threatening for someone else due to allergy.

All of those things would potentially cause you to feel some uncomfortable things that wouldn't necessarily be entirely appropriate would they?

I mean, it's well and good to say that we'd be more sensitive and understanding to one another, but what common denominator would we be forced to?

Yes, it might be more open, but would it necessarily make things more tolerant?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You nailed it there with the veil lifting and people that only previously believed the lie having to face the truth.

I have personal experience of people being very deceitful, lying purposely about me for their own gain, I now believe the originator of the lies and the person that sowed the seed of evil initially as a psychopath. They caused a lot of pain for me, since a child, I couldn't defend myself against their lies because I didn't know they were telling them, it was only when people accused me of things I gradually realised. Even now I sometimes am asked strange questions that when investigating, comes down to a person lying outright about me.

This is an example of how things like lies operate on a micro /macrocosm level.

If only the veil of lies is lifted and people will know the truth.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

We are all telepathic already. Our emotions resonate around our planet. We are divided for a reason.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

TwoTonTommy

What would the evil-minded person do if forced to share his thoughts?

They would submit to subsequent healing, I suspect.

If the Noosphere were to manifest to the degree you're talking about, then the dominant power flooding our minds would be unconditional love, compassion, forgiveness. Only those emotions can entangle every mind everywhere. Lesser, more negative emotions create division not psychic unity.

There is nothing that unconditional Divine love and grace can't fix or heal.

edit on 2-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

In such a case of transparency, I would expect that there would be some kind of union of minds. Everyone else would become a part of you; some would become your conscience while other would be you temptation or should I say justification. We would feel connected with each other as if there was one mind only but with various inclination.

This already happens anyway - at the subconscious level mostly. Imagine the conversation on a subconscious level between two strangers on a train where one is attracted to the other.

You are making a good point. I used to think that the only area of freedom left is our thoughts. But I do not think so anymore due to the fact that I seem to transmit my thoughts too readily. Therefore I started training myself in controlling my thoughts. As someone has already pointed out, People will be able to hide their thoughts or ,even better , people will deliberately manipulate their own thoughts and transmit total misinformation. That would indeed be fun and would completely fool anyone around.

edit on 2-1-2014 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth

You nailed it there with the veil lifting and people that only previously believed the lie having to face the truth.

I have personal experience of people being very deceitful, lying purposely about me for their own gain, I now believe the originator of the lies and the person that sowed the seed of evil initially as a psychopath. They caused a lot of pain for me, since a child, I couldn't defend myself against their lies because I didn't know they were telling them, it was only when people accused me of things I gradually realised. Even now I sometimes am asked strange questions that when investigating, comes down to a person lying outright about me.

This is an example of how things like lies operate on a micro /macrocosm level.

If only the veil of lies is lifted and people will know the truth.

Yeah, our society is really built upon a lot of lying. Wearing clothes. Putting on makeup. Dying your hair. We tell our best stories, and hide our embarrassing ones. Buying and selling. So much lying goes on every day, and it's taken for granted by most people. Everybody lies. If the veil was lifted, and we went into a a collective consciousness, the psychopaths would be exposed. I think we would be surprised by how many people in power are actually psychopaths.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I think it is natural for people to want to feel their best about themselves, especially with the world being a tad competitive and the way society is structured.

I do think there are important truths to be known though that goes beyond the trivial vanities and insecurities of the physical body.

Sometimes I wonder though if some people are actually ready for the truth. In ways that they weren't just believing lies, they were wearing some deliberate or enforced blinkers and couldn't comprehend any other sort of reality.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

theabsolutetruth
Telepathy doesn't work like that.

It isn't like wearing a prompt screen on your face or being some sort of 'loudspeaker' per se. could you imagine if all were 'loudspeakering' at once? Inconceivable.

I can and do communicate 'telepathically' and it is a wavelength thing, something I and certain others can tune into. I add with complete certainty that only those that I choose to communicate with, receive the communication, and the communication is beyond instant, this has been proven. Best not to ask how, but it has.

Those that I know that I can and do communicate with and them with me are a select few and they are those that I have connected with on deeper levels (in ethical ways) . I won't say too much on this here but there have been times when this communication has been invaluable and has saved the day a good few times.

I hasten to add, because I was once accused of my art and intelligence being channeled from others as some sort of 'medium' this simply isn't the case. My art, words, intelligence etc are all my own. The telepathic communication I know is like having a conversation, each keeps their own identity.

You are referring to linking in with someone (with their permission). That involves the tuning in process . As you know this is also the modus operandi for psychic attacks. As with everything it is the motive and permissions that count.

When reading the thread , I am thinking more of the loudspeaker type of telepathy as the OP was referring to. There are many people who spend their lives fighting off the unwelcome reception of thoughts mostly from people in the vicinity. It can be like a radio broadcast especially when people are thinking by having mental communications with an hypothetical listener. It is less so if their thoughts are heart-felt rather than purely mental.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

I was referring to specific telepathy that I know.

I do know of hearing the thoughts of others though again, this is about wavelength, I only hear that which I need to or should.

I should also add that most of my cynicism of humanity is due to knowing the true intentions of others, regardless of how 'friendly' they pretend to be. Like the sort that openly say they are trying ''Eastern Magic'' on you because they have to say it out loud and they think you don't know, then they try copying the way you look, dress, speak, draw etc. Despicable. That was just an example, there are many more.

Similarly with communication with those that aren't strictly in the physical realm, this has happened when I needed to and again, this has saved the day a good few times too.

I guess I am saying that as telepathy is perhaps communicated on wavelengths, individually, being tuned to that which important, is essential. Being tuned to the truth wavelength is where I resonate. The absolute truth if this could be called operating on a frequency / wavelength is where I feel I resonate ultimately.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

crowdedskies
You are referring to linking in with someone (with their permission). That involves the tuning in process . As you know this is also the modus operandi for psychic attacks. As with everything it is the motive and permissions that count.

When reading the thread , I am thinking more of the loudspeaker type of telepathy as the OP was referring to. There are many people who spend their lives fighting off the unwelcome reception of thoughts mostly from people in the vicinity. It can be like a radio broadcast especially when people are thinking by having mental communications with an hypothetical listener. It is less so if their thoughts are heart-felt rather than purely mental.

All this sounds very intriguing to me right now...
Are you saying that someone who has an inner dialogue with (or a monologue towards) an hypothetical listener, is in a broadcast mode from the POV of telepathic sensitivity?
If that is true, and it could well be, teaching people to stop talking like that would be a great service to the world... maybe even they would find some abilities too...

And that if emotional issues are involved, these perceptions would be less intrusive or less unpleasant?

Or maybe another interpretation is better, you are using the term "heart" for a compassionate, or musical emotion whereas merely "mental" would include - egotism and aggression?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join