It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford files to run again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has put his name on the ballot to run for another term, defying repeated calls for him to step down after admitting he smoked crack "in a drunken stupor."

He promised "Ford more years," the Toronto Star reported. He also called himself "the best mayor this city has ever had."

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford files to run again

This guy is awesome i hope he wins...

Smoking crack makes you think you are the best mayor ever

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ford "running" produces mental images of huffing and puffing and falling over with a red face.
Nm, he does that standing still too.
Maybe he's on a suicide mission or he could take lessons from Marion Berry.

Eta: Watching him accuse the reporter of calling him a name his aide said was about the most incredibly disingenuous thing I've ever seen. I love Canadian people so where the hell did they scrape him up from? What a singularly disgusting man.
edit on 2-1-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bad public image. Great Mayor.

He will and should win.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigent

I bet he'll lose but it should be fun to watch the developments. Maybe if he ran for the mayor of Denver?!?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

He should be running for Prime Minister or something federal. Id totally break my not voting streak to vote for him..

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Love this mayor..wish he would come and run for mayor of my town

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The only benefit this thug would bring glad tidings to is the funding of SNL.
He was born and bred a spoiled brat and always will be. Despite going to public school, he was always that--a brat.

Daddy was a Member of Parliament who owned a 100million dollar company, both sons Rob and Doug were thugs in highschool, Doug a well-known drug dealer (now also City Council).

Why Rob insists on slummin' it is beyond me. He is king of his own political demise. Anyone who votes for him any further is truly disturbed.

Take a look at Hurricane Hazel, 92 (mayor of nearby town Mississauga for 33 years). Talk about clean living lol

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dianashay

I'm with you on both points.

I'm tired of the Gong Show that the Toronto City Council became over the past year. If we could only get Tim Hudak to run against Rob Ford for mayor, I'd be happy.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

There is someone else who should come in to save the day, he did joke about it but I doubt he would appreciate living in the bitter cold again

www.cbc.ca...

too bad, we could use someone clean and smart, would be a nice change lol.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Give it up you guys, if Rob Ford wants to run again, let him. He is only human. We have all made mistakes in the past, He is still a better person then Obama. At least Rob admits that he makes mistakes. He has every right to run again. If George W Bush and Berry Obama can run for a second term with all the horrible things they did, then why can't ford.
[SNIP]
People of Canada keep voting Stephen Harper into power. He is much worse then Ford. I would much rather have Ford as a mayor then some one else... why?? Because we know his history, we know if he messes up that it will be brought to attention. You guys are giving him a hard time for being human. I give him credit for having the balls to admitt what he did on International tv.
But it comes down to the voters, we can rant and rave all we want on here and It wont do a thing, The only way to change it is to vote him out and for some reason I dont think that will happen. Ie Gordon Campbell. (thats a bc joke if you can remember why). this is better publicity than he could ever imagin.
edit on 1/2/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit -- Please see section 15b, regarding profanity.
edit on 1/2/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Jefferton

He will and should win.
Best...Mayor...Ever...

Rob Ford Kicks Off Toronto Mayoral Campaign With Misinformation Link

Ford is a joke and an embarrassment.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ford is a sideshow for all you Proles to argue over needlessly.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

snypwsd

At least Rob admits that he makes mistakes.

True, but not until he's denied it dozens of times first. The admitting part only comes once the proof is on the table or in the hands of police. Watched that happen over a dozen issues.

He has every right to run again.

Yes, he does... unless he gets convicted of something first.

People of Canada keep voting Stephen Harper into power. He is much worse then Ford.

Two things need to be looked at here. The first is that Ford and Harper are fishing buddies, have BBQ's and probably sing Beatle songs together after a few beers. Secondly, it was Ford Nation, that large contingent primarily from municipalities surrounding the City of Toronto that helped Harper win his first majority government.

But it comes down to the voters, we can rant and rave all we want on here and It wont do a thing, The only way to change it is to vote him out and for some reason I dont think that will happen.

I think you're right. He will get re-elected. The only way he would not is if the amalgamation legislation (established by the Mike Harris provincial government) of the Greater Toronto Area gets reversed and the City of Toronto goes back to running their own City Hall. With that scenario, Ford doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Although it is strange to even myself, I would like to see Ford continuing as Mayor. Has there ever been a political figure that held office while all (ok, maybe not all but enough) of their dirty laundry is hanging out for all to see.

It shouldn't matter if he smokes crack. If he can't handle his job, is the only thing that matters. A lot of politicians are heavy drinkers, yet they keep their job (Who didn't love Ralph Klein??)

Having to keep secrets to keep your job is the reason I believe we have the amount of corruption we do today. I am glad he didn't accept any blackmail, including offers to step down with dignity.

My only concern is that he didn't come out with the truth right away.

And for the record, I don't know Ford. I live in the west so... what do I care? We are on our own out here anyway. My comment was only what I think about ANY politician smoking crack. To each their own, just don't miss your alarm.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'll bet Obama thanks allah everyday for this guy.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Zeppp
I'll bet Obama thanks allah everyday for this guy.
Ah yes...Obama is a Muslim. A fine example of why Ford just might get re-elected. As Honest Abe said "You can fool some of the people all of the time..."

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Jefferton

He will and should win.

Your joking right?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

snypwsd

Give it up you guys, if Rob Ford wants to run again, let him. He is only human. We have all made mistakes in the past

Yeah smoking crack is not bad i guess we all being there done that
, i believe the "mistake" you refer is letting being filmed while smoking the occasional "only when drunk" crack at the mayors office.

I cant wait for the campaign adds, any other runner: at least not smoking crack, Rob: hey what else can i do in four more years

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Even Whitney Houston knew crack is whack...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I have always not liked Rob Ford but I was going to move to Toronto from My smaller city for more job opportunities. Now since I've seen, heard and read all about all this crap. I think I would rather stay put. I don't want to live in a city where the mayor is blatantly corrupt but people support him becasue "he's a good mayor" or "at least he won't raise the taxes". Well they my friends have their heads up there asses.

THE WORLD knows about how restared this looks and they still embrace him? Does he need help? yes. Is he human? yes.. should he still be mayor.. hell no. He shouldn't have been mayor ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join