It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bar Gets Cease-And-Desist Order From Starbucks, Responds With Hilarious Letter And $6 Check

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have fond memories of my first (and last) Starsucks coffee.

It was too hat to drink so I did my running around first then when i got back to the truck I tried again but it SUCKED. I opened the door and poured it in the gutter in front of the place and took the cup back in to the trash can and told them it was a bad cup of coffee as they stared back and no i don't want another and never will.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My wife loves em. Me, not so much. Some of their recent political correctness coupled with stuff like this has me trying to talk her out of giving them "seven @#$%ing bucks" for a cup of coffee. So far, she's ignoring me. Nothing new there.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

MysterX

Maluhia
reply to post by Komodo

But, they're failing to see is, this type of business practice will reap exactly what it's sowing..

One can only hope. Too many people still not paying enough attention though and not willing to give up their "frappucinos". Put it in quotes so I don't get a letter!

What the hell is it with you Yanks and take away coffee?

Don't you know you can make coffee at home, yourselves...for a teeny-tiny fraction of what certain huge multi-national corporations can mass flog the stuff to you all for?

You could even buy in look-alike paper cups to put your own coffee in if it's the packaging that does it for ya and still only pay a year what you hand over to those clowns in a month.

Make your bloody own coffee and watch Mr and Ms Bucks...buck off.
edit on 2-1-2014 by MysterX because: typo

most of us do....the amount of regular Starbucks coffee drinkers are minimal at best, people try it a few times, find out it's no big deal, and then go back to making coffee at home...most of the people that drink it are probably like me....I'm stuck at a car wash, want a cup of joe, and the only place that is EVERYWHERE is Starbucks. or the commuter on their way to work, drives to Starbucks because their too lazy to make it at home, and again, Starbucks are EVERYWHERE. I buy Arabica beans at Costco, grind up a load every morning, and have my coffee for pennies a cup.....haven't had a cup of "starsucks" since...oh...september

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Star Bucks coffee reeks!! It's like black sock water, with or without sugar. I brew my own coffee, just the way I like it. If I purchase it while away from home, I'll drive miles out of my way to avoid buying Star Bucks, so I can support the mom & pop coffee shop owned by my fellow North Carolianians. Support your local coffee shop, StarBucks coffee is probally behind the LEO going boinkers all over the country, as in the have a pissy taste in their mouths and take it out on the common citizen.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Maluhia

The bar's response to Starbucks -

Just loved it...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
S&F
Hats off to them smart guys at Exit 6.

I need a cold one.....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I grind and brew my own coffee. A nice Sumatra from Costco. In fact just brewe4d a pot and ya know what it tastes so much better than UckBucks that I don't ever buy their swill.

Most UckBucks customers spend about 200.00 a month buying status coffee. Lets do the math shall we?
1 cup a day at $5.00 x 20 days = $200.00 a month
$200.00 x 12 months = Way more than anyone should spend on coffee.........

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

taketheredpill
Here's something interesting I found out about this famous logo - although it pains me to post it I think it important for comparison

The woman in their green label with the perky breasts and weird twin-fishtail deal going on is a siren from Greek mythology.

According to the Starbucks blog, she was chosen as the logo because Starbucks was looking for a nautical theme to capture the spirit of Seattle. Remember that this was back in 1971, when Seattle was known for sailing and seaports instead of grunge rock, rain and hipsters.

In mythology, sirens are seen as a personification of the ocean -- and that's not a good thing. They're brutal sociopaths who murder you by being attractive. According to scholars, they would sing an "irresistibly sweet" song that "lapped both body and soul into a fatal lethargy."

Much in the same way that countless people have been seduced by the lure of overpriced coffee, buying cup after cup until they finally succumb, buying an Apple laptop and spending the rest of their lives at one of those tiny tables, joining the other broken victims.

Text

Shame mythological symbolism can't be trademarked......Greece could have sued Starbucks and could have had a way to get some of that national debt sorted out.
edit on 2 1.1414 by taketheredpill because: (no reason given)

Actually, I thought this was its origin (lol)...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You watch, The F Word will be the next big deal in craft beers for a very long time. Good for them! Suck it, Starbucks, now you made 'em famous.

I don't get the fascination with Starbucks, either. I've had a few of their coffees over the years and no matter which place I get them at, they all taste the same: bitter beyond belief, stale, and suspiciously like Maxwell House. We tend to joke between us that going into Starbucks for coffee is like baiting the coffee gods into punishing us for foolishness

Our branded go-tos that always taste decent are Eight O'Clock & Dunkin. Mmmm, Dunkin Donuts coffee....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Excellent read. Gave me a good chuckle.

Now, Im only saying this because this is a conspiracy website after all, but is there any evidence of the letter that Exit 6 allegedly got from Starbucks?
See, Im no fan of the Buck, and Im not the only 1, so is it possible this is actually some very cunning ploy by the people at Exit 6 to find a customer base in the Buck Haters? Seems to be working if it was....

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AbdulAlhazred

The original letter from the law firm to the bar is at the link -

finance.yahoo.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Green Mountain breakfast blend when available,usually cheap local grocery store brand lately but our secret is our Bunn coffee maker. Fresh hot coffee n 3 mins for a whole pot. Would never buy another maker ever, and yes we tried the keurig, too expensive and a pita if you wash n reuse filters and have more than one coffee drinker in the house not to mention it was 30 bucks for our filter for the vue maker.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This reminds me (and upsets me) about Starbucks creating some kind of "law" that my local farmer's market could NOT have a coffee vendor anywhere near the surrounding area because it would interfere with their sales. The coffee that was being sold at the FM was very good, organic stuff but Starbucks promptly put a stop to it and they couldnt do it no more. The coffee at the farmer's market was cheaper and a much better option.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Sounds like one of those large, fat, bulging brown paper bag laws...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interestingly, the bar owner worked in corporate IT for 10 years before starting the business because of his unhappiness with the corporate grind -

This was my exit plan out of corporate America," Britton says of the brewery, which explains the 'Exit' in the name. The 6 represents the age of his daughter, Ryane, when he started the venture.

Support for the guy continues to explode -

Exit 6 Brewery's Facebook page has been blowing up with comments of support from beer lovers and small business supporters across the United States since news of the Cottleville, Mo., brewery's response to a cease-and-desist letter from Starbucks went national.

www.feaststl.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

AbdulAlhazred
Excellent read. Gave me a good chuckle.

Now, Im only saying this because this is a conspiracy website after all, but is there any evidence of the letter that Exit 6 allegedly got from Starbucks?
See, Im no fan of the Buck, and Im not the only 1, so is it possible this is actually some very cunning ploy by the people at Exit 6 to find a customer base in the Buck Haters? Seems to be working if it was....

I think the conspiracy, if we can call it that, is that he KNEW Starbucks would come after them because the drink was listed on a brewing website. He worked in IT? He knows they search for keywords on the net.

He was just waiting for that letter. So he basically trolled starbucks and they gave him what he wanted. Brilliant really.

Using a large corporations habit of going after small business's for personal gain...I love this guy.

edit on 2-1-2014 by BanTv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

I only had a few ice coffees from star bucks but nothing special. Now a dunkin donuts Carmel ice latte is better then what I can make at home. Just like trying to make fast food at home. Difficult to impossible to replicate.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
caffeine is a drug.. be it a lite stimulant. its still psychoactive. also this substance is addictive. and u can overdose from coffee. and not even in large amounts.

40 Seagulls die from caffeine overdose in Canada this year from eating used coffee grinds.

17 year old Jasmine Willis, a Durham, UK waitress overdosed by drinking 7 double espressos in 2007. She was taken to the hospital, but recovered soon after. (that’s roughly 1.078 grams)

a 23 British man from Mansfield, England died after taking to 2 spoonfuls of pure caffeine powder washed down by an energy drink at a party. His death was ruled accidental.

Fourteen-year-old Anais Fournier, died after she consumed two 24 ounce Monsters (480mg of caffeine) in a 24 hour period. Cause of death was a heart arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity. There seems to be some conflicting stories as to how much she really consumed and this seems true since 480mg in a 24 hour period isn’t a toxic amount.

I know people drink coffee for its caffeine properties. just like energy drinks.

DONT BE FOOLED. ITS SIMPLE LOGIC... Starbucks are basically drug dealers... once broken down to a most simple form of logic. and that's why they GROW GROW GROW like a cancer around all our lovely city's.

its just the druggies going back for there fix lol... i swear to go the same mathematical formulas going on in my head right now are saying. weather it be a heroin dealer, a tobacconist or Starbucks.

they opened that business knowing people would be hooked and keep going back.."everyone needs coffee right lol"

OK now i am ranting a raving on hahaha.. gonna go smoke a bowl. might as well have a bomb of whizz as well. prolly more healthy than the caffeine.

ohh yeh caffeine deaths and overdose rank over many other "illegal abused drugs" trust me.. its up there on the A&E list.

ok now im really going lol...

good night and god bless.

edit on 2-1-2014 by Things because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BanTv

Ok, you win the unique conspiracy thinking of the week award. If this is true, the guy is even more brilliant than I originally thought!

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Maluhia
reply to post by BanTv

Ok, you win the unique conspiracy thinking of the week award. If this is true, the guy is even more brilliant than I originally thought!

another false promise. the amount of awards i won and never received lol

only joking m8.. we got to have a laugh when we stoned and got the creative thinking going

“A genius is someone who takes a complex thing and makes it look simple. An academic does the opposite.”
― Robert Fanney

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join