It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery steam over Fukushima could be sign of another meltdown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

What is your purpose of posting here?

To say that Fukushima Diachi did not have a meltdown is extremely ignorant.

edit on 3-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

destrbndapeace

Apparently 2 nuclear-level explosions noted at the facility on Dec. 31st.

Okay. So, two nuclear explosions occurred on Dec 31st and not a single person noticed? No reports, no mentions on blogs, eyewitness testimony etc? Really? Two whole nuclear explosions and not a single person in Japan noticed? Nobody? Nobody at all?

I suppose you will tell me 'they' supressed the news. It's difficult to disguise a nuclear explosion, though. They're usually a bit of a giveaway.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

jrod
reply to post by Alekto

To say that Fukushima Diachi did not have a meltdown is extremely ignorant.

Sadly for you though, factually correct.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

" According to this report, MoD “assests” associated with the Red Banner Pacific Fleet detected two “low-level” underground atomic explosions occurring in the Fukushima disaster zone on 31 December, the first measuring 5.1 magnitude in intensity, followed by a smaller 3.6 magnitude explosion moments later."

Underground* explosions. Correction.
edit on 3-1-2014 by destrbndapeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Do you know that article has been lifted from another site, right? Here, actually. This is the original piece.

www.eutimes.net...

The European Union Times actually claims to be a news site, almost respectable to all appearances.
Upon closer inspection, however, it is little more than a compiler and regurgitator of various news stories and a particularly unpleasant far right blog.

Still, if this is the kind of thing that you like...

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Jesus. You lot lap up anything without even trying to even fact check stuff first. I despair.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

destrbndapeace
reply to post by Alekto

" According to this report, MoD “assests” associated with the Red Banner Pacific Fleet detected two “low-level” underground atomic explosions occurring in the Fukushima disaster zone on 31 December, the first measuring 5.1 magnitude in intensity, followed by a smaller 3.6 magnitude explosion moments later."

This is from Sorcha Faal....and as usual is FAIL. It comes directly from the whatdoesitmean website.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

destrbndapeace
reply to post by Alekto

This is from Sorcha Faal....and as usual is FAIL. It comes directly from the whatdoesitmean website.

Duly noted. Did eutimes.net lift the story from there or vice versa?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Alekto

Vasa Croe

destrbndapeace
reply to post by Alekto

Duly noted. Did eutimes.net lift the story from there or vice versa?

EU lifted it as per their link at the bottom of the page that says "source"....goes directly to the Sorcha Fall story.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Thanks man. I think we can wrap this thread up now.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Well...the steam was definitely happening and reported on by real news agencies. The explosions are completely fabricated and even Sorcha's story links to the EQ's that they are using to say they are nuclear explosions but were some 80 km away from the plant.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Alekto

Well...the steam was definitely happening and reported on by real news agencies. The explosions are completely fabricated and even Sorcha's story links to the EQ's that they are using to say they are nuclear explosions but were some 80 km away from the plant.

No doubt there's some concern over the steam. I did doubt the veracity of the eq's though. I had a quiet NYE, I have an 18 month old and no partying for me. I went to bed reasonably early and I usually leap like the proverbial salmon at the merest hint of an eq. Just out of curiousity, is there any mention of when it was supposed to have happened?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Nothing on USGS. If there were explosions of that magnitude it would have picked them up.

You are right. That was likely bogus information.

Still does not change the fact that there were at least 2 total meltdowns that almost 3 years later have still not been brought under control.
edit on 3-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

jrod
reply to post by Alekto

Still does not change the fact that there were at least 2 total meltdowns.

I think you need to quit when you're ahead. Or behind, in your case.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

So if the plants did not meltdown, what happened?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It's Japan...I've been waiting for them to build huge radiation shielded mechs (kind of like Gundams or Transformers) to clean this mess up.

Stop making dancing robots Japan, and build something really awesome and useful!

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

jrod
reply to post by Alekto

So if the plants did not meltdown, what happened?

It's not a case of 'if', therefore no need for further discussion. There was no meltdown.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

Are we talking about the same thing?

It is an accepted fact that there Fukushima melted down.

Mass evacuations in the general area...plenty of evidence to prove it.

Tell me what happened to those plants following the quake and tsunami?

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

edit on 3-1-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Alekto

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Alekto

No doubt there's some concern over the steam. I did doubt the veracity of the eq's though. I had a quiet NYE, I have an 18 month old and no partying for me. I went to bed reasonably early and I usually leap like the proverbial salmon at the merest hint of an eq. Just out of curiousity, is there any mention of when it was supposed to have happened?

Here is a link to the news article on the quakes. Appears they happened on Dec 31st I guess....

Source

Two shallow earthquakes have struck eastern Japan near the Fukushima nuclear disaster site.

A 5.1 magnitude earthquake was recorded 80km southwest of Fukushima and was shortly followed by a 3.6 magnitude earthquake in the same area, the Japan Meteorological Agency said.

The tremor was 9.9km deep, the US Geological Survey said, adding it took place 13km North West of Takahagi.

There were no reports of any damage but it was strong enough to shake high-rise buildings in the capital, AFP reported.

UPI also said that part of the Joban Expressway was briefly closed to undertake safety checks. The earthquake was felt in Miyagi, Fukushima and Tokyo.

Tokyo Electric Power, which is involved in the Fukushima clean-up, said the earthquake had not affected the Fukushima plant, where crews are currently working to remove radioactive waste spilled during the 2011 Tohoku earthquake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join