It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Stands Up: Calls US Government, "Malicious Hackers"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Apple PR machine is on the side of their consumers. Don't let the production fool you.

IMO...

Change is coming, a kind of change that will make all of this seem trivial...

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

I thought this was the PR Machine?

upload.wikimedia.org...

But when you Google that second name you will find out it is tied to our government. He ran the BBG Broadcast Board of Governors for the State Department until bad press came out that contradicted that book he wrote. Then he quit and went on the campaign tour to defend Steve Jobs on all the TV networks. Hell he lines up NSA agents to give speeches at the Aspen Institute all the time.

www.aspeninstitute.org...
edit on 1-1-2014 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

abecedarian
Am I the only one who finds it ironic, if not completely dishonest and blatant hyperbole and obfuscation, that corporations are somehow now standing up against the very same people they as "corporate entity" supported, promoted and financed into office?

When did Apple give money to the candidate for Director of National Intelligence?

If they supported Obama or Romney, would the result have been different on this?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Cmon do you all really think apple will be banned? just another distraction

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by YourGod

No Nancy Pelosi would never let her largest stock investment be banned.

But Diane Feinstien would go after Bit Coin Anonymous money transfers and she sits on the Board of the NSA. Oh she is invested in Money Gram International Inc. Is that a conflict of interest?

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hey I love Apple, their products concerning their game are hands down the best in my opinion, but they are influenced by the machine. Come on now people, most here know better.

On another note, I hear Steve Jobs is alive and well enjoying peace and perfect health while living it up at his beach front Villa on Titan. Apparently Carl Sagan is enjoying his 4th term as Titan's keeper (President) too. Just saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I looked but did not see them.
goo.gl...

They must know what time the satellites pass over head and hide.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Any information you've ever put on a cell phone or threw a cell phone such as web, calls, txt's, emails, it's all been sent to the g=v. All the photos and videos you've ever taken with your phone has also been sent to the g-v. Your phone has been the external bionic used to track everything about you. If you've owned a phone or own a phone they know everything you know about you and more.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Recently, news came out that the NSA could easily have its way with any iPhone it chooses, including the data on the phone, call logs, voice mail, and voice calls. This, because of the NSA's sophisticated software, "DROPOUTJEEP" that specifically targeted iOS devices -- iPads with wireless plans are apparently at risk as well.

Business Insider is covering Apple Computer's response: Just Two Words From Apple On The NSA's iPhone Hacking Show How The Tech Community Now Hates The NSA, which is echoing the growing hatred seen in Silicon Valley toward the NSA and the US Government's willingness to allow the NSA to continue. Apple's statement, specific to DROPOUTJEEP is; "We will continue to use our resources to stay ahead of malicious hackers and defend our customers from security attacks, regardless of who’s behind them."

Perhaps the strongest words yet, from any company who's hardware or software has been compromised by the NSA. Look for things to get worse in 2014.

I tend to think "malicious hackers" isn't severe enough.

Just a marketing strategy from Apple to prove to the rebels in the system, many of whom use apple products, that apple do not work together with the alphabet agencies. Which is pretty bs in my opinion

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh but there is soo much more than just Dropout Jeep. Please visit this link to learn how the NSA has a backdoor to just about every piece of hardware in existence.

Keywords:

1. DropoutJeep
  2. IronChef
  3. DeityBounce
  4. FeedTrough
  5. GourmetTrough
  6. HalluxWater
  7. SouffleTrough
  8. SchoolMontana
  9. Ok you get the idea, Dropout Jeep is one of MANY. Visit the link to see WAY more! 48 from what I can see....

The Complete Guide To How The NSA Hacked Everything

edit on 2-1-2014 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I hope you don't think that Apple and the government are separate entities?

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

YourGod
Just a marketing strategy from Apple to prove to the rebels in the system, many of whom use apple products, that apple do not work together with the alphabet agencies. Which is pretty bs in my opinion

Exactly, they just want to save their image. nothing will change (but the costumers perspective), as if they are not willing to help NSA then they are somehow enemies to national security.

And what NSA want's is to get peoples minds out of this conspiracy, (that their privacy is been hacked)

So if in the future Apple presents a new ''safe'' i-phone, then they both win.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Recently, news came out that the NSA could easily have its way with any iPhone it chooses, including the data on the phone, call logs, voice mail, and voice calls. This, because of the NSA's sophisticated software, "DROPOUTJEEP" that specifically targeted iOS devices -- iPads with wireless plans are apparently at risk as well.

Business Insider is covering Apple Computer's response: Just Two Words From Apple On The NSA's iPhone Hacking Show How The Tech Community Now Hates The NSA, which is echoing the growing hatred seen in Silicon Valley toward the NSA and the US Government's willingness to allow the NSA to continue. Apple's statement, specific to DROPOUTJEEP is; "We will continue to use our resources to stay ahead of malicious hackers and defend our customers from security attacks, regardless of who’s behind them."

Perhaps the strongest words yet, from any company who's hardware or software has been compromised by the NSA. Look for things to get worse in 2014.

I tend to think "malicious hackers" isn't severe enough.

I don't trust a word Apple is saying - it is trying to protect the gravy-train sales of its products.

If Apple responded with honesty and said 'So what? Customers can like it or lump it', who would buy it's products?

Apple doesn't give a hoot about its customers security, it is only interested in their money IMO.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well if your using the internet. You could use the Tor network, which allows anonymity. But that still doesn't help in regards to text messaging and calls.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I understand people are focusing on Apple because it's a juicy headline, but don't lose focus of what the whole of these documents describe: it doesn't matter what cell phone or carrier you use.

The NSA compromised the basic systems of cell phones and the infrastructure of the networks. If they target you it doesn't matter if you have an iPhone, an Android, or even an old Nokia phone. Don't get fixated on one company because it validates your bias.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
There is one way to 'bug up' the works at the NSA fortress, if everyone with a cellphone and a computer started off each 'broadcast' with a trigger word, 'bomb' being the most obvious, I would think that within a week all the blades in the servers would be full, just how many years would it take 1,000 guys to sort through all that 'stuff'?
A simple sentence like ' That bomb outrage in Boston was terrible, I had to stop watching the TV, it was too upsetting' might suffice.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

amicktd

Well if your using the internet. You could use the Tor network, which allows anonymity. But that still doesn't help in regards to text messaging and calls.

Snowden files : NSA can crack almost any Encryption including Tor anonymity network
thehackernews.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This whole situation would be much more believable if it weren't for the fact that in the moments before "apple stood up" it was on it's knees facing said malicious hackers who's pants were around their ankles doing what I seem to recall almost cost a recent president his presidency...

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
Ever since the patriot act people should consider any and all of their personal information, mobile and PC data fair game to be looked through under any circumstance, justifiable reasoning or not.

And on that note - strip your PC and your phone of anything of any importance, throw it on flash drives and put it in a safe with a laptop underground in the woods somewhere. Srsly.

It takes as little as a traffic stop to have your phone ( and in my case computer ( because I transport my tower to/from work... )) to have all of your data seized.

I can write a web crawler that will collect every piece of data available on the internet on a single person in a few hours. The crawl itself would take minutes. Anything you post here, on Facebook, Google+, Myspace ( 0_o ), Pinterest, or any number of other blogging or social networking sites, is likely crawled and examined by one of these agencies before the hour is out. We would all be wise to find our way to the 'undernet'; create new internet identities, and post nothing of ill sentiment ever again using any names that can be linked.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

Thanks for the info.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join