It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple Stands Up: Calls US Government, "Malicious Hackers"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Recently, news came out that the NSA could easily have its way with any iPhone it chooses, including the data on the phone, call logs, voice mail, and voice calls. This, because of the NSA's sophisticated software, "DROPOUTJEEP" that specifically targeted iOS devices -- iPads with wireless plans are apparently at risk as well.

Business Insider is covering Apple Computer's response: Just Two Words From Apple On The NSA's iPhone Hacking Show How The Tech Community Now Hates The NSA, which is echoing the growing hatred seen in Silicon Valley toward the NSA and the US Government's willingness to allow the NSA to continue. Apple's statement, specific to DROPOUTJEEP is; "We will continue to use our resources to stay ahead of malicious hackers and defend our customers from security attacks, regardless of who’s behind them."

Perhaps the strongest words yet, from any company who's hardware or software has been compromised by the NSA. Look for things to get worse in 2014.

I tend to think "malicious hackers" isn't severe enough.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

From what I gather from this article (linked below) they are saying NSA has programs for other platforms including Blackberry and Android. Just that Dropout Jeep is specific to iOS. I might be mistaken there.

NSA Project Dropout Jeep Hacked Into Apples iPhones
edit on 31-12-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ever since the patriot act people should consider any and all of their personal information, mobile and PC data fair game to be looked through under any circumstance, justifiable reasoning or not.

+37 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
these anti freedom scumbags will never give up their control or power, cover up, or whatever, there is no end to the tenticles of control. corporate funded eliteist must be defeated to bring down, and the sooner we learn this fact, the better. This BS story from apple is just a smokescreen to make you feel better and think they are on your side...nothing is furthur from the truth....

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Idk, its in the best interest of corporations to protect its customers, period. Otherwise you quickly have a corporation making no profit and going out of business.

The NSA of course will do anything it wants, without a care. They will be around with or without Apple.

That said, i dont trust either. No one should. And i have a feeling if Apple is lying that they will be exposed sooner rather than later. Whistleblowers abound!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

teslahowitzer
these anti freedom scumbags will never give up their control or power, cover up, or whatever, there is no end to the tenticles of control. corporate funded eliteist must be defeated to bring down, and the sooner we learn this fact, the better. This BS story from apple is just a smokescreen to make you feel better and think they are on your side...nothing is furthur from the truth....

I agree.

This is nothing more than standard puppy petting and kitten brushing to make Apple look like they are trying to actually do something.

Apple is a giant company and well established within the international corporatist agenda.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Just my bashed up nickel in the jukebox here.

I don't see the point in watching everyone to this degree.

I say do away with it. Either that or come on out with the truth and NAME the people you suspect so EVERYONE knows who they are and we can deal with this issue like it should be dealt with.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It's hard to know who to believe to be honest. These companies have a lot to loose by alienating the government and who knows what is staged propaganda and what is not? When billions and billions are on the line, I can easily see statements like these being just a way to keep the heat off, while at the same time cooperating with the NSA.

Seems to me that these vulnerabilities in these products are intentional to begin with, to be used for marketing purposes. It's hard to take this seriously considering that. It's OK to invade our privacy to know what to market to us, but they want me to think they are upset the government takes advantage of the built in weaknesses?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

And i have a feeling if Apple is lying that they will be exposed sooner rather than later.

I am highly skeptic of this as well. Seems like a stretch Apple's developer's wouldn't notice. They have top notch programmers. We are to believe all of their developers, including the ones intimate with the infrastructure, wouldn't notice this software? Hmm. I'm a developer myself. Mostly traditional web applications but I have coded for mobile devices (using Javascript frameworks), and I would identify foreign code rather quickly. That's just one 1 application and obviously there is a lot more code entailed with their native iOS and apps…. still seems like a stretch it would continue to go unnoticed. Seems more likely Apple cooperated. Additionally, that the other companies did as well with their platforms.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

So true. Idk if any large tech company should be trusted.

Once something relevant becomes available to the masses, you can bet your bottom dollar that the government has already put their touch on it.... Most likely with the corporation being complicit. Their is no privacy at this point. We gonna have to fight our asses off to get it back. If its even possible to go backwards.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by six67seven

And i have a feeling if Apple is lying that they will be exposed sooner rather than later.

Seems more likely Apple cooperated. Additionally, that the other companies did as well with their platforms.

Agreed. Now they regret it and don't want to get caught with a hand in the cookie jar.

Expect a significant change in 2015. Until then, one would be wise to know that everything they say or do is being recorded ... and I mean EVERYTHING. What TPTB will do with everything is create profiles. They will know more about you than you know about yourself. They have perfected predicted analysis and WILL employ it in a way you can't see coming ... because they know that much about you. Spade!!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

It is all a power scam, think about it...if apple started really slamming the government, these liars would find a way to punish them, the same way barry bashes anyone whom stands up to him and his cronies, everything you hear from ANY company that claims to have your back and looking out for you is pure planned fabricated BS. The days of innocence is gone, it is all crap and I came to this firm conclusion when the conservatives in the government threw me under the bus on this budget joke. How the hell do you look at this and not say WTF? The corporations control the government and the government controls the people...we are played and played like a fiddle in a bar...Apple wants your business, and will lie to you to maintain trust...marketing to the morons and the sheep, how do you not see this???? and happy new year.....

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I hope it's true.

After 911 these companies were to afraid to question authority.

It kind of seems like after they let all the cows out.

It might be time to close the gate.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The only real option left open to us is to learn how to live with it and still maintain some modicum of privacy. Even more important to teach the children how important it is to maintain a private part of our lives.

I'm not so cynical as to think that all companies are beyond trust, but it gets truly hard to trust them when they get so large.

What we need is a government we can trust again, but only education will make that possible and our public schools are now brainwashing factories to prepare our children to become good little government or corporate employees. That and to start dividing us into opposing groups to make us easier to control.

Darn, I sound like conspiracy theorists don't I

We have a great system here and it all depends on whether or not the right people can find their way into Office and power. I do still think it is possible, but with the schools as they are, it's pretty unlikely.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Am I the only one who finds it ironic, if not completely dishonest and blatant hyperbole and obfuscation, that corporations are somehow now standing up against the very same people they as "corporate entity" supported, promoted and financed into office?

And the people the corporation led into this are now somehow supposed to support the corporate uprising?

edit on 12/31/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Nephalim
Just my bashed up nickel in the jukebox here.

I don't see the point in watching everyone to this degree.

I say do away with it. Either that or come on out with the truth and NAME the people you suspect so EVERYONE knows who they are and we can deal with this issue like it should be dealt with.

You are exactly right...I worked for the government at one time and was a cop for 7 years...you cant even sift through all this data if you wanted to. And there is even laws against storing legitimate intel on people...like If i gather intel on you because I think you are up to something then later find out you are not..I have to dispose that after one year I think is. It really is sickening. And when people say they have nothing to hide they dont care...they say that until something happens...ive seen someone accused of a crime....after that happened people began digging for anything they could find related and unrelated to destroy that persons character. This is a serious problem. This next year im planning to move off grid or leave the country....been researching for the last 6 months and saving. Im done.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

More Orwellian double-speak. Reportedly Apple devices are infested with NSA surveillance software. Hard to believe a company could be so thoroughly hacked. Either Apple is ridiculously inept or Apple is complicit in the NSA's doings.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

As the old saying goes. " you didn't build that " I trust all these businesses wanted to provide a profit and not anger the masses. Because without the public.. you don't make money. Yet the gov can ruin you in a blink. I feel apple and others didn't start this way. But like Lando didn't agree to this deal. And gov stating pray we don't alter it more. Apple still holds what is left to back out and change.

Let me ask this. What about ATS? Do you expect us to believe they are not in here? Even if you don't know.....they are here. On our gaming. Phones. Smart air conditioners and refrigerators. If there is a computer/wifi connection. It's to late.

The only plus at the moment. Is they see us talking about it. So they are aware that we are quite aware. So for now they will nickel and dime the masses to submission. They have time. You or I only have a window.

Also since Walter White. Your new avatar is scarier. I shipped my pants just now seeing it after I saw your last post!

edit on 1-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

You or I only have a window....the edit.. sorry ATS is taking up so much memory today!

trying for window here... is that band!? Wtf!
edit on 1-1-2014 by Bigburgh because: window window window cripe!

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

....after that happened people began digging for anything they could find related and unrelated to destroy that persons character. This is a serious problem. This next year im planning to move off grid or leave the country....been researching for the last 6 months and saving. Im done.
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

Unless a radical change occurs, I have a gut feeling we're going to see more of this in the coming years and I really feel for those who are trapped...being with families or what have you....and are unable to "get out of town".

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well this is who Apple should be mad at.

en.wikipedia.org...

He wrote the book for Steve Jobs protected Apples image and Steve Jobs image all while at the same time running the BBG US Government Propaganda Agency an also running the Aspen Institute. The Aspen Institute was the linchpin for connecting all the companies together for STUXnet including the delivery of it in equipment sold by Koch Industries and Halliburton. And they are the leak that STUXnet was created by Israel and the US. They just forgot to name the other countries and corporations involved. France comes to mind as one of them. They also leaked about Benghazi. You know that NSA woman sleeping with David Patreus. Paula Broadwell.

So way to go Walter more games.

www.aspenideas.org...

Paula Broadwell
Paula Broadwell is the author of the New York Times best-seller All In: The Education of General David Petraeus. Her book was named by Foreign Policy magazine as a “best read of 2012.” Broadwell has served over 15 years in intelligence, counterterrorism, and counterinsurgency operations. She has had assignments with the US intelligence community, USSOCOM, and an FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force. Broadwell is presently a Ph.D. candidate at King’s College London, a research associate at Harvard University, and an assistant professor at West Point. She earned degrees at the University of Denver and Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, and she studied Arabic in Jordan.

2012 Bio

Yea that is the NSA woman at the Aspen Institute.

edit on 1-1-2014 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join