It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes a little muscle by a a LEO is justified....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I agree that the US is quickly becoming a police force. That does not mean all cops are tyrannous traitors. I've encountered many who respect our rights and a few who just want to make an easy arrest.

It also seems like some agencies are corrupt from the top down, making it impossible for a good cop to do the right thing. The DEA without a doubt is one of those agencies who wipe the arse with Constitution. Many local agencies now seem to go way too far.

It will only get worse if we the citizens allow it to happen, and too many of us like the illusion of security a police state brings.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

so which of the previously listed items, OR Thomas Jefferson's quote do you disagree with?

Are you saying that there are NO daily duties by cops that are ANTI-Constitution?

Are you stating that a person's desire to be a cop, OR need for a paycheck is justification to CRAP on the CONSTITUTION?

Are you cool with Stop and Frisk?

how about all the other ANTI-Constitutional ACTS that ALL COPS ENGAGE IN DAILY?

do you firmly believe that being a cop, in ITSELF, is in agreeance with constitutional values?

Maybe the gun registrations? confiscations?
Perhaps CIVIL ASSET FORFEITURE?
Phone taps?
Revenue Generating?
Interfering with people's right to freely travel?
FOR profit prisons?
and ON and ON.

ANYONE WITH INTEGRITY and HONOR would have thrown OFF the badge and uniform BY NOW..

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

jrod

The kid was getting up in the cops face
Again no charges were filed. If this were a crooked cop the soldier would have been arrested on trumped up charges.

The bad cop took several steps forward into the kid's face ... not the other way around. It's at the beginning of the video and at the end of the video, the bad cop even mentioned it!

No charges were filed because the bad cop was guilty of assault and the whole case would have turned around and bit the city in the patoodie with civil lawsuits as well as having egg on its face.

So no charges were filed because they wouldn't have stuck when the truth came out.

edit on 31/12/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

I do not agree with any of that. The US is no longer the land of the free and home of the brave. It is a land of the repressed and home of the scared. I alone can not change this sad reality.

There are still good cops who respect the Constitution. Most of them are older. It seems like the younger generation of cops have been brainwashed and have no idea what their job used to be about. They are pressured from the superiors to write as many citations as possible, make as many arrest as possible and when making an arrest add as many charges they can come up with. They can get away with brutality because their fellow officers will look the other way, if another officer protests he or she will get fired. That said they do not want to actually pursue any criminals, too much work. Its much easier to arrest a pothead or an addict with Rx pills and charge them with one felony per pill.

The for profit prison is completely unacceptable. Violent criminals, thieves, rapists get a slap on the wrist. Grow a certain plant that does no harm to anyone and face many years in prison, unknowingly get your driver's license suspended and caught driving and you will do some time. The justice system is beyond broken and its goes all the way to the top of the government. They do not want to fix it. Prison labor is a commodity that can be sold. Potheads and drug addicts make much better slaves than violent criminals.

The problem is too many citizens are blind, scared, and stupid. They justify the growing police force because it makes them feel safe they live boring lives that consist of going to work, coming home and absorbing the trash that the TV and MSM puts out. They are scared of their own shadow. They believe the propaganda. They justify the actions because they are unable to pull the wool off their eyes.

It will only get worse and the US is on the verge of becoming a total police state. Not because of the police, because of the policies in place and ignorance of the masses. Not enough people have the balls to stand up against it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

So, you agree that they are ENGAGED in CARRYING OUT TYRANNY... DAILY?

because THEY DO!

Had things been different, I would STILL be in L.E. work.. Maybe.lol

The fact that cops are "fighting crime" is so pathetic I can hardly call it laughable.

this quote from Thomas Jefferson SAYS IT ALL!!

"If the people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines they take,
their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state
as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

For every dispute of the claim BADGES are REDCOATS, I can name 3 ways they are EXACTLY the SAME..

The globalist missions are the SAME as the King's were in the 1770's.. EVERY LAST IOTA of Tyranny carried out by redcoats is DONE TODAY.. and then SOME!

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
to Jrod

So wait, the armed and armored thug, I mean cop, was threatened how again?

So a little force is fine as long as it gets the desired results from "authority"?

Nice, didn't know we weren't in the land of liberty any more. Let's hope we all have our papers and our papers are always in order.

Derek
edit on 31-12-2013 by Viesczy because: grammar.

edit on 31-12-2013 by Viesczy because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2013 by Viesczy because: grammar/emoticon dropping

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

Sometimes you have to play the Devil's advocate.

Law enforcement's actions across the US are becoming more out of control. A few of us realize this, but the average American just does not get it. Fortunantly here in ATS the Posse Comitatus forum was created as a result of this and the militarization of the police force.

If you have been arrested you will not be picked to sit on a jury. Why do you think that is?

In court a police officers testimony is taken for the truth no matter what.

If that soldier were to get it someones face like that at a bar, it would provoke a fight.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

just plain sad. guys just doing his job, and nobody likes being disrespected by some punk ass kid. but in any other line of work if you physically assault a customer, regardless of how abusive theyre being youre going to lose your job. unless youre a police officer for some reason in which case everything you do is heroic.

pathetic really, both of their behavior, and the country at large, we can do better, we can start by holding our leo's to the same standards we hold say cashiers, who manage to remain professional for less pay, no benefits and little if any training or education.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

You said a mouthful there!

My motto for a couple of decades has been: I'm tired of public servants who seek to be my Master.

Just listening to the words of that smug low-life "public servant" was enough to send my blood pressure up. I am dismayed that there are citizens of my country who actually believe that a police officer has the "right" to taz, pepper spray, punch out or "take down" a citizen for being mouthy and walk away, make a video of the incident and be called a hero. Very sad indeed. That man is a dangerous brute and his buddies with badges are thugs for standing and watching it.

posted on Jan, 2 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

diggindirt
reply to post by Viesczy

You said a mouthful there!

My motto for a couple of decades has been: I'm tired of public servants who seek to be my Master.

Just listening to the words of that smug low-life "public servant" was enough to send my blood pressure up. I am dismayed that there are citizens of my country who actually believe that a police officer has the "right" to taz, pepper spray, punch out or "take down" a citizen for being mouthy and walk away, make a video of the incident and be called a hero. Very sad indeed. That man is a dangerous brute and his buddies with badges are thugs for standing and watching it.

luckily cops still have to wear a name tag. And that is all that is needed.

Accountability. Whether legal or not.

I guess in order to get respect from cops one must be in the Aryan Brotherhood. Because cops respect them out of FEAR.

When the guy in the cuffs says, "officer Smith huh?, well I will remember that. When I make my first phone call."

You see, when someone has the power to take out someone's family before the officer's shift is finished, then RESPECT or Fear kick in.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

HanzHenry
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I can state at least half a dozen different things that ALL COPS ENGAGE in DAILY where EACH item ALONE is enough to prove that Cops are the BIGGEST ENEMY to a FREE REPUBLIC with FREE citizens.

1. revenue generation -- that alone
2. Civil Asset Forfeiture -- that alone
3. For Profit prisons -- that alone
4. Arresting people for putting GOD made substances in their body -- THAT ALONE.

5. ALL COPS ARE TYRANTS!!
proof? below..

"If the people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines they take,
their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state
as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

NUFF SAID..

I DARE ANY COP TO DEBATE ME... as I am a former federal Officer.. ONE IN A MILLION that CHOSE to WALK AWAY..

BECAUSE I BELIEVE in the IDEALS of our Founding Fathers..
edit on 31-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

Hanzhenry,
You are one of the only ones that get it......at least it seems. Go devil dogs!!! I am a puddle jumper and only Marines and Coasties get the relationship that goes back to WWII

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

whyamIhere
Piece of human debris....

This cop should be arrested. Cops must be tested for Steroids.

What's with all the cops being bald?

This is a crime. Simple assault.

Hair loss is a tell tale sign of steroi**.. Oh, I see what you did there.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

'A damn good cop'? Seriously, you are proud of that police officer's reaction. People never cease to amaze me. Let us all go demanding respect with a slap to the face shall we.

posted on Jan, 5 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

At least he didn't bust out the tazer like many other LEOs would have done in that situation.

I've figured out that the US has become a police state and there is nothing I can do to change that reality.
edit on 5-1-2014 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
If you think the cops are here to straighten your attitude when you get 'out of line' then you're the perfect slave for the police state.

That was ASSAULT and completely out of line. There is nothing illegal about being upset with cops. That pig should've kept his paws OFF him.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is a older story, but its funny that nothing was ever done about it, and its interesting how it ended up in the hands of the press to begin with:
Vallejo cop caught on tape smacking down victim
The tape was sent to the news station by an insider at the police department, the victim never filed any charges or lawsuit:

But the package arrived at ABC7 just last month, sent by someone inside the Vallejo Police Department who is concerned about the conditions there right now. Along with the DVD and police report, the source wrote a letter describing a pervasive "cowboy attitude" in the department.

The source described what happened to Robles and wrote, "Criminal behavior is being allowed and nothing is being done to stop it." "Internal Affairs ... does nothing to hold officers accountable and spends more time bullying citizens who try to file complaints."

The source also wrote that "the shift supervisor ... played the video in briefing and laughed about it."

it hurts the police standpoint that there are a few “bad apples” when there is a culture within departments to accept this behavior and even find it funny. I know that culture exists because I have seen similar things with my RL LEO friends.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

jrod
reply to post by buster2010

I disagree. For one he didn't hit the kid, it was a take down. The kid was getting up in the cops face, acting unstable, and easily could have knifed or struck the police officer. He was threatening the cop by his actions.

Little did he know the cop is a Marine and much better trained than an Army reservist in take down situations. After being the taken down the Army boys attitude does a complete 180, instead of being disrespectful and combative he become submissive and almost respectful.

Again no charges were filed. If this were a crooked cop the soldier would have been arrested on trumped up charges.

edit on 31-12-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

He was smoking a cig when the cop stepped up to him? How is that being a threat? So the cop can step within 2 feet of you but if you make that step then it is a threatening move? Why can't the civvy consider it as such and take the same defense? Cops say they never know what some one might do, shouldn't we be allowed to carry the same fear? Not knowing if that man that is armed to the teeth might just snap and shot me.

Seems like this guy has the same one arm rule he couldn't violate in boot or what he did to the kid would happen to him.
He got his feelings hurt when the kid tried to one up him the army comment and couldn't let that stand.
How much danger can one person really be in when he is carrying a gun, knife, baton, hand cuffs and has a partner vs 1 kid smoking a cig?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This is an old number done before this, however this particular thread has a bias and redirected by no less a mod than one with the name Dbate, there is no debate here. Those cops are just thugs, and any right minded person will know that.

I put it in the same category as that of Bobby Joe Blythe video..now deleted from youtube/aka does not exist, but some members will know that one, where a mentally challenged man was dispatched in a gym by thugs, some ex-military, a shower of feckers and evil.
Anyone putting this thread up as an example of good police work should be ashamed of themselves.

In edit, some segments of that BJB video are still found from a TV newsroom, as much as could be shown, I see no difference in the mindset, whatever the outcome. There is something seriously wrong when brainpower itself, is reduced to muscle binding power.

edit on 29-1-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

People like you like to point out that there are good cops. For one, they should all be good cops, there shouldn't be "some". For another, any cop that hasn't taken steps to eliminate the SS, like the guys in the video, have ceased to be good cops.

/TOA

top topics

<< 1   >>

join