It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes a little muscle by a a LEO is justified....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
No charges were pressed. The soldier(reserve) was being a bit on the combative side and a damn good cop lets him know what's up.

edit on 31-12-2013 by jrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I felt like there was WAY too much testosterone in the general vicinity.

The guy did good to not use violence, but he liked to keep pointing out that he got him down. Neither guy wanted to give a millimeter which made for hilarious watching. It was definitely handled a lot better than it could have been from what I have seen here.

I was almost waiting for them to break out the tape measure...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

All I see is a cop thinking he is better than some one else. Guy was being a jerk but I thought cops were trained to deal with that other than smacking someone in the face

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

It's sad when we have to point out a cop not going overboard, which should be normal and not worthy of pointing out. It's also sad when this is an example of a cop not going overboard. Lots of bad cop videos have been out this year...way too many.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
"I am the laww"

"No, I am the laawww"

"Respect my ATHORATAUN"

Both are a slapp up images of the wrong attitude americans are labeled with.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Jrod,

So....a scrawny little punk is upset because his two friends beat the crap out of him to the point he called the cops on them for help. "The damn good cops" who were called by him for help after being beaten proceed to humiliate and beat him some more.

Two huge cops humiliating and beating and crushing the chest of a very skinny guy because he said "why did it take you so long?" in an obviously frustrated manner dictates them as "damn good?"

This is pretty old news anyway but the "darker skin tone" damn good cop is known for beating the crap out of people. He even has a rap group that raps about it. He thinks he is a thug and loves trying to emulate the rap/thug culture.

There is nothing "good" about that cop....your statement should have just been "a damn cop"......

this is why law enforcement all over the country is looking for 80 IQ or lower.....they just want head smashers out there.....but ..... well .... we all get what is coming to us.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Damn good cop????

Looks like more over aggressive bull# to me!

The cops actions where over the top once again.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Waaaaay old video.
2nd line.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I don't like the behavior displayed by either of them. I didn't see a combative person properly handled by a good cop. I saw a whiny kid who relies on the state to sort out his problems, and an ex-marine with an inferiority complex who lost his temper when his "authority" didn't go unquestioned.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ValerieDivusen

ValerieDivusen
reply to post by jrod

I don't like the behavior displayed by either of them. I didn't see a combative person properly handled by a good cop. I saw a whiny kid who relies on the state to sort out his problems, and an ex-marine with an inferiority complex who lost his temper when his "authority" didn't go unquestioned.

PERFECT summary. Really spot on.

With regards to the thread and police in general, there have to be serious reforms.

First problem is this insane practice of encouraging ex-soldiers to become cops... With the possible exception of some urban environments, America does not need soldiers patrolling our streets.

Quite the opposite. What we (and any civilized society) need/s are police who have extensive training and education in psychology and counseling.

If the attitude from law enforcement (and those that support them) is "dont 'disrespect' me or I'm going to attack you", it would be infinitely better to be policed by robots. With a robot, one would not expect a human element.

Ultimately, the goal of any evolved society is to be RID OF cops altogether, to be replaced by simple arbitrators to help mediate disputes.

Seems to me that today's cops are actually undermining our society...

edit on 31-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

No charges were pressed. The soldier(reserve) was being a bit on the combative side and a damn good cop lets him know what's up.

By all rights that cop should have been placed under arrest for assault. He had no legal right to hit that kid. The cop was the one that got up into the kids face and made the situation even more than what it should have been. And the cop needs to learn he is on the public's time because he is a public servant. The kid should get a lawyer and sue the police dept.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I disagree. For one he didn't hit the kid, it was a take down. The kid was getting up in the cops face, acting unstable, and easily could have knifed or struck the police officer. He was threatening the cop by his actions.

Little did he know the cop is a Marine and much better trained than an Army reservist in take down situations. After being the taken down the Army boys attitude does a complete 180, instead of being disrespectful and combative he become submissive and almost respectful.

Again no charges were filed. If this were a crooked cop the soldier would have been arrested on trumped up charges.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I have, since leaving the USMC, continued to put on muscle(from 185-245 now)... My only reason.. One day a cop will deserve lethal force.

I hate cops for they LACK HONOR and INTEGRITY..

If a cop ever smacked me.. It will be time to stalk my prey.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

HanzHenry

I have, since leaving the USMC, continued to put on muscle(from 185-245 now)... My only reason.. One day a cop will deserve lethal force.

I hate cops for they LACK HONOR and INTEGRITY..

If a cop ever smacked me.. It will be time to stalk my prey.

...................................................................................................

Don't even get me started! They are here to serve us.....not beat, taze, rape and shoot us. They are supposed to be looking outward .... over the fence so to speak ... to protect against the evil that would wish us harm but they now have their backs to the fence and are looking inward and view us all as the evil that is wishing them harm.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

jrod

I disagree. For one he didn't hit the kid, it was a take down. The kid was getting up in the cops face, acting unstable, and easily could have knifed or struck the police officer. He was threatening the cop by his actions.

Little did he know the cop is a Marine and much better trained than an Army reservist in take down situations. After being the taken down the Army boys attitude does a complete 180, instead of being disrespectful and combative he become submissive and almost respectful.

Again no charges were filed. If this were a crooked cop the soldier would have been arrested on trumped up charges.

................................................................................................

oohhhh!.....now I get you JROD. This is about Marines vs. Army for you. Not about cops at all. You could have picked a thousand better ways to "prove" that point.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I can state at least half a dozen different things that ALL COPS ENGAGE in DAILY where EACH item ALONE is enough to prove that Cops are the BIGGEST ENEMY to a FREE REPUBLIC with FREE citizens.

1. revenue generation -- that alone
2. Civil Asset Forfeiture -- that alone
3. For Profit prisons -- that alone
4. Arresting people for putting GOD made substances in their body -- THAT ALONE.

5. ALL COPS ARE TYRANTS!!
proof? below..

"If the people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines they take,
their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state
as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."

Thomas Jefferson

NUFF SAID..

I DARE ANY COP TO DEBATE ME... as I am a former federal Officer.. ONE IN A MILLION that CHOSE to WALK AWAY..

BECAUSE I BELIEVE in the IDEALS of our Founding Fathers..
edit on 31-12-2013 by HanzHenry because: clear

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

jrod

He had no legal right to put his hands on that kid. And you are wrong listen to the video again the cop got up into the kids face and the kid wasn't acting unstable. Having to wait 45 mins for them to show up is inexcusable what did they stop for donuts on the way. If you support the way this cop was acting then you would welcome a police state with open arms.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The guy was in his face and his fists were clinched like he was ready to strike. That is a threat.

It is not Army vs Marine to me, but I do think it is funny that the kid was proud to announce he is a soldier and that justified his aggression toward the LEO. In my experience I have to say ex-military make the best cops because they understand what "support and defend the Constitution of the US against all enemies..." actually means.

To the cops haters, I was recently arrested on some BS charges. Yet I understand that cops have a difficult job, they deal with the worst of humanity on a regular basis. They are often the first on scene at gruesome car crashes, crime scenes. They perform first aid in those situations. They are the ones who have to wake up a family in the middle of the night to tell them their child has died.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

jrod

I have to say ex-military make the best cops because they understand what "support and defend the Constitution of the US against all enemies..." actually means.

Facepalm of the Day Award.. congrats!

The JOB DESCRIPTION and DAILY DUTIES of cops are SO FAR against the Constitution I don't know where to begin!

How many DAILY DUTIES that are against the Constitution should I list?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Piece of human debris....

This cop should be arrested. Cops must be tested for Steroids.

What's with all the cops being bald?

This is a crime. Simple assault.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join