It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God speaks to you"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
What is the expression "God speaks to you" really supposed to mean? Is it supposed to mean the same thing as it means to be creative?
edit on 291231Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:29:46 -0600201446pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-30T12:29:46-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think it's supposed to mean that you are regularly touched by the "spirit of God". You know, blessed and empowered and whatnot.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by introspectionist

Well it doesn't mean that He literally talking to you, but rather what I think you are referring to is when someone's heart becomes filled with love and a giving and caring spirit that reaches the point where you feel spiritually moved to action. You don't have to be religious to get that feeling however- that is just how some religious people perceive it. It's all in how you personally interpret it according to your own thoughts and beliefs as to how you wish to label it.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

For some, it's literal. Interested in the information that will change your life? Check out out my website. www.beforeitsreal.com

Paypal accepted.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

introspectionist
What is the expression "God speaks to you" really supposed to mean? Is it supposed to mean the same thing as it means to be creative?
edit on 291231Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:29:46 -0600201446pAmerica/Chicago2013-12-30T12:29:46-06:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

When someone speaks to you it can be in various ways. There is the way I'm speaking to you now, for example. That's one. Or I could call you on the phone. Or face-to-face. Or a letter through snail-mail. Or I could have someone else relay a message.

When "God speaks to you" its the same thing. It could mean any number of ways.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
How is a person supposed to know if they are speaking to god or to another being of some kind. God's name isn't god. Nobody seems to know gods real name. Jesus's name isn't pronounced Jesus either. If he was talking to people, he would be constantly telling them to start pronouncing his name right.

I wonder if people who are talking to god are sometimes talking to their subconscious.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

introspectionist

I take it to mean synchronicity and the feeling of bodily bliss felt in meditation.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I can answer that for you as god has spoken to me.
Its your super-consciousness speaking to you you will know that it is true because it carries with it the emotion of truth within the experience of the communication. it is a subtle knowing.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

First of all you'd have to decide on which god you meant. There are more than one apparently.. in fact, they appear to be legion.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Mveins0

First of all you'd have to decide on which god you meant. There are more than one apparently.. in fact, they appear to be legion.

Negative, by using the upper case G in the singular.he pretty much
defines exactly to whom he is referring. Before his lil fingys got
all tired that is.
edit on 30-12-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

It would appear that page is not available. Was that the point?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I disagree. "God" has become a rather vernacular label determinant by context. Those who hear it will interpret it according to their background, which is precisely what it was designed to do.

"God" is about as clear and direct as the term "White House".
edit on 30-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh you mean where he used the word god as the first word in a sentence.. that would be capitalized anyway...? riiight.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mveins0

No, I mean he said "God" as in Creator of the universe and everything in it.
An intelligence more perfect in existence than ourselves. As hard as
that is for some to grasp.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by randyvs

I disagree. "God" has become a rather vernacular label determinant by context. Those who hear it will interpret it according to their background, which is precisely what it was designed to do.

"God" is about as clear and direct as the term "White House".
edit on 30-12-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

The term 'White House' actually points toward 'something'. Whereas the term 'God' points toward 'nothing/everything'.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

introspectionist

Why does everything have to "mean" something?

Why do so many refuse to believe that God meant what He said?

The Spirit of God works through words.

He’s a talker.

When He speaks, things happen.

When He created the world, He SPOKE.

Through our words, we CREATE and thus imitate God.

Throughout Scripture, it is revealed that the world we live in sprang into existence by the WORD of God.

God works through words. He created everything by speaking, and sustains it always by His powerful word (Hebrews 1:3; 11:3). He also ordained that language would be a primary means of revealing Himself to us, resulting
in Scripture. His ultimate self-revelation, however, came in the person of Jesus Christ. The way human speech works bears some similarity to the way God’s speech works. It does more than string together words: it conveys intent, and it can also accomplish things. biblicalcounselingcoalition.org...

“He who made you without you, will not save you without you.” ~ St. Augustine

"...the divine plan truly would not be accomplished without our prayers, not because God needs our prayers but because he has willed that our prayers would be incorporated into his plan." newtheologicalmovement.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

introspectionist

When people say this - that God spoke to them - they're either delusional or trying to sell you on something. One or the other, and that's about all there is to it.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hey,
it's whenever the spirit moves you- one way or the other?

new topics

top topics

join