It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Suicide bomber' hits Russia's Volgograd train station

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

An explosion at a train station in the southern Russian city of Volgograd has killed at least 14 people, reports say.

'Suicide bomber' hits Russia's Volgograd train station

Posting for discussion, searched no articles found yet.

Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered law enforcement agencies to take "all necessary security measures".

Looks like the terrorists are taking advantage of the current global upset and taking a shot at Russia.

The suicide bomber is said to have been female.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Is it wrong to say I'm happy the terrorists are hitting Russia...I'm not happy however that innocent people were killed. So please make that distinction clear....

Putin tries to portray himself as a big brother for the Middle East and North Korea so regardless how many times you feed a big wild bear, eventually they are going to bite you.

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

Is it wrong to say I'm happy the terrorists are hitting Russia...I'm not happy however that innocent people were killed. So please make that distinction clear....

Putin tries to portray himself as a big brother for the Middle East and North Korea so regardless how many times you feed a big wild bear, eventually they are going to bite you.

Yea it's wrong. 14 people get killed and you are glad someone is sticking it to Putin?

Life isn't a video game, these people don't regen. They are really dead.
edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

What distinction are you trying to make here?
Innocent people died. Whenever that's the case, it's plain and simple WRONG and makes you sick in your mind.
Every terrorist targeting civilians is a cowardly piece of # killing innocent people.
And I won't comment on how you described Russia as a big brother for ME since you're living in another universe.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

As usual some members on ATS refuse to read in between the lines....get off of your high horse...I tried to make it as clear as possible that I was not happy that 14 people were killed....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This just goes to show that terrorism will strike regardless of your politics, policies, ideology, alliances, allies.

It's always sad when people die needlessly.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

beezzer
It's always sad when people die needlessly.

Which includes the poor sap with the bomb strapped to them

The size of the station, many many more could have been killed or injured, 14 for a blast like this is some what lucky.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

There is no valid reason for the murder of innocent people.. Every nation on earth has upset another at some point in history.. Britain and America included but we cannot support terrorism in any form.
edit on 29/12/13 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

He appears to be a big supporter of the middle east and countries that are in opposition to the United states...with the exception of North Korea those other countries being Muslim...

And I know the United States is no peace keeping country..

Just because you support some militant countries it does not mean they will not reciprocate their support...more specifically if you support a Muslims you are exempt from any type of violence...

Did I really need to break this down?

If in fact they were not Muslims who committed the terrorist act my apologies...
edit on 29-12-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

Imho its great that Russia defends countries in mid east and n korea and whom ever the americans nato and israel is harrassing these days. They even prevented these warmongors to invade syria moment ago and thats awsome!

This strike however could have been made by anyone for any reason, in this world ppl feel real bad nowdays, bad enought to slaughter innocent ppl while they want to kill them self of this world, it happens pretty much everywhere in the world, does school mass murders ring any bells? In my country Finland, there is also school mass murders sometimes but mostly these ppl are so stuck inside them selfs that they do alot of suicices and very often when man kills him self they shoot whole family first.

Hope so this gives u something to think about before going celebrite some mass murders.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Blast can be seen towards the end of the video.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

How do you make that distinction? What do think terrorism is? I can tell you it's not somebody thumbing their nose at a politician, it usually involves explosives and the mangled dead bodies of men, women and children.

And yes, it is wrong to say you are "happy the terrorists are hitting Russia".

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

This has nothing to do with US, ME and Muslims as a whole.
Russia has a problem with their southern part of the country who wants seccesion from Russia, so this attack may be coming from terrorists from that part of Russia.
Those terrorists are dumb if this is how they operate.
Watch ruthless retaliation from Putin now with tanks and heavy weapons in the area.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

Point well taken...thank you for the change of perspective...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A thousand people can't be wrong..my apologies for the distasteful reply...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Oh yea, everytime this happens he pounds on Chechnya. It never does any damn good.

People around here act like Putin is some kind of genius. He's little more than a bully in truth.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Its only 2 months ago another attack killed 6 in the same city too.

Clearly an active cell in the area needs to be taken out!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

You can't take them out. Do you know how long Russia has been dealing with this? Well over a decade. They have pounded Chechnya agian and agian. They still come and attack.

This is not going to be solved through violent means. You can find the cell and another will take it's place.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Terrible news...I heard now they are worried about the security of the 2014 Winter Olympics contestants. It starts in February (Sochi).

There was also another bombing in Russia recently, in October at a bus station in Volgograd (6 innocent people killed .)If things continue like this, I wonder if they will manage to host the Winter Olympics.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

People around here act like Putin is some kind of genius. He's little more than a bully in truth.

He may not be a genius, but he deserves every right to fight the groups who attacks country's sovereignty.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join