It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Suicide bomber' hits Russia's Volgograd train station

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Putin doesn't have authorities to appoint and set presidents of federal subjects.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

ispyed
reply to post by antonia

Chechnya made a big mistake when it decided to use islam as a vehicle for its aspirations for independence and it will have to live with that. I have little sympathy for them.

You know nothing of history. This conflict in Chechnya is not due to Islam, it has raged for over 100 years.
edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: erroneous information

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Oh?

On 15 February 2007, Putin signed a decree removing Alkhanov and installing Kadyrov as Chechen's acting president.[18]

www.foxnews.com...

Seriously, you can't even argue that point. It's a historical fact.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

antonia

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

Is it wrong to say I'm happy the terrorists are hitting Russia...I'm not happy however that innocent people were killed. So please make that distinction clear....

Putin tries to portray himself as a big brother for the Middle East and North Korea so regardless how many times you feed a big wild bear, eventually they are going to bite you.

Yea it's wrong. 14 people get killed and you are glad someone is sticking it to Putin?

Life isn't a video game, these people don't regen. They are really dead.
edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

But do they still exist as consciousness even if their bodies are gone?

I am frankly starting to thing that this so called life is in fact a mmorpg with a boring storyline. The whole I am a spirit having a human experience.

Sad for the suffering of those left behind.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

antonia

ispyed
reply to post by antonia

Chechnya made a big mistake when it decided to use islam as a vehicle for its aspirations for independence and it will have to live with that. I have little sympathy for them.

You know nothing of history. Armenia was subject to genocide which Russia refuses to acknowledge. This conflict in Chechnya is not due to Islam, it has raged for over 100 years.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
Armenian Genocide Recognition

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well they did, there you go I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Considering Saudi has it's fingers in any Sunni terrorist organisation, you may well be right but the bomber won't be a Saudi, they're just money men. The bomber will, no shadow of a doubt, be from the Caucasus.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Yes, in case of emergency, when there is war, the head of federation has the authorities to intervene, as any other chief of state.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The article says a woman was approaching the metal detector and became nervous so detonated. My intuition tells me this might be one of those "do it or your family does" suicide bomber situations.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

You said he didn't have that authority. Now you say he does.

Really, I get a lot of nasty stuff has happened, but it's just going to keep happening if you aren't willing to let something go. These people aren't going to go away. You'll have to kill almost all of them to make it happen. Do you think the rest of the world is going to look kindly on that? This is a conflict that has lasted 200 years with the Tsars, Soviets and current government taking your point of view and just killing people. It's never worked, so why keep advocating it? It's obviously not a vocal minority if it's been going on for this long.

www.rferl.org...

It seems almost half of the Russian people would have no issues letting them go.

It won't end until people drop their egos. You won't kill your way to peace.
edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: added a thought

edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I don't understand how so many people on this website can't differentiate between different groups. The word "terrorist" doesn't mean all people labeled as terrorists are fighting on the same side coordinating with each other.

Russia has had a problem with chechnya for a long time, and numerous terrorist attacks from that area, before 9/11 and before al-qaeda became the terrorist buzzword. The terrorists from chechnya are muslim but they are pretty white people, the reasons for their attacks have to do with "russian oppression" not U.S. military bases in the middle east.

edit on 12/29/2013 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

You think Putin cares about some random innocent people being killed? If anything it increases his power and allows him to take extraordinary measures to "keep the people safe" from terrorism. No different from anywhere else but I would hate to see what the Russian version of the patriot act would look like.

edit on 29-12-2013 by john452 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

You said he didn't have that authority. Now you say he does.

It's the Law.
Read as: Your president, or any other country's president or body with executive orders has authorities to intervene when there is state of emergency, otherwise in peacetimes that is not the case.

edit on 29-12-2013 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The suicide bomber who set off a 10kg TNT charge today in the southern Russian city of Volgograd had officially been identified as Oksana Aslanova, a 26-year-old Tabasaran national from Turkmenistan, the Voice of Russia's source reports.

voiceofrussia.com...

I like to remind about other terror attack who i think is connected with this one.Also a women.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-12-2013 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Remember the Boston Bombers friend in Orlando shot by the FBI?

This picture was on her VK page.

cs307312.vk.me...

Along with this photo of her and her mom.

cs306404.vk.me...

Now how about this page?

vk.com...

Notice a couple of pictures that jump out?

Clouds moving into Chicago? National Geographic picture. I thought this person took it?

cs6024.vk.me...

How about this?

Today all Muslims holy night Baraat.Pomolites for Johar Tsarnaevyh Tamerlane and their family, for Ibrahim and his Todasheva semyu.Da Allah hears your prayers

How about following that picture of Chicago to the user.

vk.com...

And he has this photo.

cs540109.vk.me...

Which traces back to this.

twitter.com...

Are we starting to see a strange pattern in this?

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Makes me wonder...since Russia is backing our enemies like the Syrian gov. and we are supporting the FSA which has been proven to be al ciaduh. Could we have possibly set that attack up? I mean in all fairness both countries have used terrorism to achieve their goals.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

No, but they use islam to justify their rebellion. I don't pretend to be a historian of the Caucases but their "fight" is pointless and has only led to self-destruction.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To add some more information to my previous post.

Tamerlan.

CIA agent in Lybia.

He spoke 7 languages they know of. Trained in boxing and martial arts. His uncle was working for CIA to funnel money to Chechnya for anti Russian attacks.

How about John Zawahri who did the shooting at Santa Monica College. He shot his family before shooting up a class room full of foreign students. His Grand Father was in the Jordanian Military brought to the US to do weather reports for the UN on the Middle East Weather. His Aunt works for the government doing Conflict resolution of water ways through out all the hot spots in the Middle East. His father had a FCC licenses for shortwave radio call sign for communicating overseas where he was shot by his son John Zawahri.

www.rawstory.com...

The children of the people our military are working with doing covert ops and then bring the whole family to the US do not feel the way there parents, Uncles Aunts or Grand Fathers felt about the US. They see the US as a Tyrant not a friend like there relatives did. And then they go out and commit terrorist attacks after being brought here by our own military.

How about the Iraqi Mens Club busted for selling weapons and IEDS? Does not sound strange does it? Well they were in California doing this after being brought here by our military. They helped bust IED rings in Iraq and then brought them to the US to be safe from the Iraqi Militias. But they came to California and simply did what they know how to do. Build IEDs and sell them to make a living. You can take them out of the war zone but you can't take the warrior out of them.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 29-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Just to say that those posts which appear "pleased" that Russia is "getting it" need to bear in mind that in recent years Russia has been the target terrorism e.g. out of Chechnya.

The Soviets sowed the seeds for some pretty poor relations in Russia, what with all the genocide and mass relocations of populations. Russia's continued repressive policies and downright brutality has resulted in some pretty horrible terrorism. Anyone remember the Moscow theatre hostages (2002), the Moscow apartment bombings (1999) or the Beslan school crisis (2004)? There are many more.

We can argue the toss about Russian policies resulting in terrorism and social unrest, but let us not argue that the resultant victims are just normal people.

Regards

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Russians & Caucasians have been fighting for almost 400 years.

Caucasia will never become a Russian land and this is what this fight is all about .

This bombing is not the right thing to do .

There is no way the Caucasian Nations can rid themselves of off Russian hegemony by using violence and & terrorism.
In fact this bombing is only good for Russians to kill off even more native Caucasians .

Nevertheless , it should be told out loud : Caucasia is not Russian and it will never become Russian .

edit on 29-12-2013 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join