It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Suicide bomber' hits Russia's Volgograd train station

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So we finally see the the threat of the Saudi's come to fruition. Now that is not to say that the Saudi's are acting on their own, they simply send money to the various CIA sponsored terrorits known as "Chechnen Rebels" Now I will be the first to admit that my knowledge of this is very limited, the first time I had looked into it was after the Boston Marathon incident. It did not take very long to find CIA ties, to the more recent Chechnen attacks, the theatre and the school stand out. I understand that there is a much longer struggle between Chechnya and Russia, however as with ALCIADA western interests play off this kind of division and then build one up to destroy the other. As was clear when operation gladio first went public, alot of what NATO has been doing has specifically been aimed at is destroying what is left of Russia.

I found this to be informative, and possibly complete propaganda however, I found the info interesting to say the least. I am new to posting so bear with me here is the link followed a paragraph that stood out to me.

theriseofrussia.blogspot.com...

With regard to Chechnya, the main rebel leaders Shamil Basayev and Al Khattab were trained and indoctrinated in CIA sponsored camps in Afghanistan and Pakistan. According to Yossef Bodansky, director of the U.S. Congress's Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare, the war in Chechnya had been planned during a secret summit of HizbAllah International held in 1996 in Mogadishu, Somalia. 21 The summit, was attended by Osama bin Laden and high-ranking Iranian and Pakistani intelligence officers. In this regard, the involvement of Pakistan's ISI in Chechnya "goes far beyond supplying the Chechens with weapons and expertise: the ISI and its radical Islamic proxies are actually calling the shots in this war". Russia's main pipeline route transits through Chechnya and Dagestan. Despite Washington's perfunctory condemnation of Islamic terrorism, the indirect beneficiaries of the Chechen war are the Anglo-American oil conglomerates which are vying for control over oil resources and pipeline corridors out of the Caspian Sea basin. The two main Chechen rebel armies (respectively led by Commander Shamil Basayev and Emir Khattab) estimated at 35,000 strong were supported by Pakistan's ISI, which also played a key role in organizing and training the Chechen rebel army.

At the bottom of that article they quote General Leonid Ivashov
who was Chief of Staff of the Russain armed forces when 9/11 occurred and his take on it is worth noting.

I know that Russia has absolutely been at the core of plenty of atrocities, Stalin was a monster, but I believe he was a monster controlled by the west, Putin seems to be different, but who knows, for those that play this world like a literal game of risk nothing is certain and most information is biased at best.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by elementalgrove

Try it comes from Afghanistan. The US military does there regular drop off of bags of cash. The drugs which are allowed to be grown is then transferred to the bordering areas of Russia where they use it to build the under ground rail road of terrorist, drug dealers and spies. All in the name of gathering intelligence right? Afghanistan is the country that has the beef with Russia from the invasion Russia did there. It is being used to create a enemy that will take there minds off of the US blowing crap up all over and drone strikes. But after a while they begin to say what the hell are we doing dealing with you when you are just as bad. Kind of like what was described in Benghazi recent article. You might get a bunch of them to go along if you pay them enough. But there is all ways that one who does not care about the money you promise. They don't like you.Mr. Abu Khattala,

www.nytimes.com...#/?chapt=0

edit on 29-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I wonder about that, I know that the illegal drug routes do flow straight through Russia as you pointed out. It does make sense that they could build up quite the network from that vantage point!
edit on 29-12-2013 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

en.wikipedia.org...

A pattern is out there
edit on 29-12-2013 by steaming because: Mis-spellings again, i am sorry

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Not unless you believe in an afterlife!

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

RickyD
Makes me wonder...since Russia is backing our enemies like the Syrian gov. and we are supporting the FSA which has been proven to be al ciaduh. Could we have possibly set that attack up? I mean in all fairness both countries have used terrorism to achieve their goals.

That's a gross over-simplification of the situation in Syria.

The FSA is not "al ciaduh" and parroting that merely highlights your own ignorance. There are dozens of different rebel groups in Syria and the FSA is not affiliated with any Jihadi group - in fact they are actively fighting them as well - for those you have to look at Al Nusra or ISIS. Those groups are getting funding from Saudi while the FSA languishes as the West pontificates.

If you genuinely believe that Syria or the situation in the ME has anything to do the CIA or the US, then that is simply arrogant as well as stupid.

What is going on is a fight that started 1,400 years ago between the Shia and Sunni. Saudi is keen to back any Sunni group, no matter how extreme, to counter the Shia groups being supported by Iran. It's a game of religious chess down there and you're simplified view of it doesn't even scratch the surface.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

antonia

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

Is it wrong to say I'm happy the terrorists are hitting Russia...I'm not happy however that innocent people were killed. So please make that distinction clear....

Putin tries to portray himself as a big brother for the Middle East and North Korea so regardless how many times you feed a big wild bear, eventually they are going to bite you.

Yea it's wrong. 14 people get killed and you are glad someone is sticking it to Putin?

Life isn't a video game, these people don't regen. They are really dead.
edit on 29-12-2013 by antonia because: opps

We're here to discuss the event, not to mourn the victims. Just like the 1500000000 children that die of starvation every year mainly because of the "western" way of living. We still talk about it, and yea 1.5 million a year is pretty close to the actual figure.
edit on 30-12-2013 by MrMaybeNot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Interesting times,indeed. 2 bombings and one of them is a so-called black widow.I know this has been going on since at least the Czarist Era I find the timing convenient 2 months away before the Winter Olympics.I wonder where this will lead? Since most people know of how some of the aid money the government has given to various Chechen aid groups and NGO's have somehow "bled" over to the rebels.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

On that point, starving children in Africa has sod all to do with the West and in fact, if not for the West and it's aid, even more would die. It's more down to their parents to be honest and the fact they can't sort out their religious or tribal difference enough to run their countries properly. Anyway, don't want to go off topic, but your point was lame.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
After the Second Blast, Volgograd region extended the mourning to include the New year. originally scheduled Wed-Fri now it is Mon-Fri. Everyone who knows a bit of Russian way of life, knows that New Year is the biggest celebration in the year and continues 10 long drinking days until the Orthodox Christmas 7,8, 9th January.

What is next to be expected? Could it be expected on New year's holidays? What will be the political consequences of a third, bigger terrorist act in a bigger city, in the capital? (Volgograd or Stalingrad is not a small city though).

Could we predict a change in the Russian top government following the apparent lack of preemptive actions dealing with terrorists? How about the PM resignation? Medvedev is a weak politician. All the rest parties' leaders laugh at him. Putin's last interview listed him on 5th place when asked of who are the strong Russian politicians. Many people from the West may think the ruling party United Russia is criticized mostly by the pro-Western movement. In fact it is criticized even more by the communist party and its leader Zyuganov.

A possible resignation of Medvedev? Or perhaps Putin fires Medvedev after the tragedy, and then appoints Zyuganov as PM? A week ago Putin named him politician N1 (after himself).

Should the president of Russia resign, the Prime minister becomes automatically the new acting president until the elections. The way Putin himself was put in that position by outgoing Yeltsin, on New Years' eve 2000.

Even if Putin does not consider stepping down and handing all power to Zyuganov as acting president, still a more powerful PM could do a better job for the terrorists' cleansing.

And that might be quite a task to do. It could stretch to neighboring countries such as Georgia and Azerbaijan on the southern slopes of Caucasus. In other words, if the terrorists are not found and killed in Dagestan and Chechnya, they might be sought after on those territories and even further South in the Middle East.

The carefully planned double attack (hope not to be triple or more) cannot come in a worse time, only month before the Olympic games in Sochi. Sochi is located on the Southwestern slope of Caucasus bordering the Back Sea, terribly inside and close to all that volatile region. How could Russia guarantee the security of the games, if not taking over the entire region by military power? Volgograd is much farther than Sochi.

The distance is of no concern, there were so many attacks everywhere in Russia including in Moscow. The big question is what will Putin do after the demonstrated terrorist' boldness? Could he allow not to do anything big enough? I think the answer is definitely No. To avoid a worse case scenario with bloody Olympics or God knows what more.
edit on 30-12-2013 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

if you have to ask if it is wrong, then your morals are extrinsically located?
that is not a good adult situation to operate from.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I don't assume that Putin plans to resign, even less in favor of someone. It is a well known fact he was 14 years in top government and quite successful. He won elections in 2012 with landslide victory.
But the way the things are in Russia do not seem to become better with the time. Especially when it comes to unending terrorist acts that continue despite all efforts made for decades.Perhaps the reason is not only in the police forces and military, but also in the top commanders. I will not talk of endless military reforms. Recently the defense minister Serdyukov was sacked because of corruption scandal, replaced with a close friend of Putin - Shoigu who held another ministry. Perhaps, Medvedev will take some share of responsibility too. Because there should be someone responsible. Not only for purpose of electoral voters when they do not sound as convincing as they were before. But also for purpose when disaster comes. This time the disaster took "only" 32 lives. Do we count all lives taken by similar acts in Russia in the last years? If yes, there should be something that is not right. Instinctively, one looks at the top of the pyramid, not at its bottom. Because such things did not happen in the past. All those autonomous republics have their autonomy, presidents, parliaments. There weren't Chechen terrorists in the Soviet time to make bombings of people in the subway under KGB central. Or anywhere. Something is just wrong in Russia in post-Soviet time. The sooner it starts to be fixed, the better for everyone.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

chrismarco
reply to post by Biigs

Is it wrong to say I'm happy the terrorists are hitting Russia...I'm not happy however that innocent people were killed. So please make that distinction clear....

Putin tries to portray himself as a big brother for the Middle East and North Korea so regardless how many times you feed a big wild bear, eventually they are going to bite you.

Ive served in several countries across the globe and lived in 2 more beyond that...every culture I encounter has the exact same hopes and fears as every one of us on here. Every mother wanted a safe home for their child....every one felt jealously, anger, hope, fear....many were frustrated with their government. We are all cut from the same cloth. I have come to have a tremendous respect for my enemies when I was in as we were all pawns in some game who joined up for various reasons. As someone mentioned above....death is permanent and these people who died probably had nothing to do with this "game" politicians set up.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So now Russia is under attack from those 'Islamists'.... o'well.... another day a different Country. I've read they trying to gain 'Islamist' States in Russia, I just hope they don't. I also hope they are wiped from the Earth! We need to reduce the population of Earth, so what better way than to put them all in one spot and then kill them off....

I think someone should set up a meeting.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
14 dead in first bomb blast at train station, 17 dead after second bomb goes off on a bus. The bus bomb was less than half the size but due to the contained nature of the bus killed more people.

As if people who cant afford a car have enough problems......

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Your right it was very "over simplified" sorry I didn't write up the history of the FSA but as it has been well proven on these boards that they do enlist jihad fighters and among them are al ciaduh fighters...I call them that because I do fully believe that we created them and trained them just like we have done for centuries with other groups when we want to destabilize a regime. But hey it was an angle I figured I'd put out their for people to ponder...never did I claim that my senario was fact. Jeez people take stuff so personally these days.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if Mexico was able to take over the US and force their rules upon you. I know its not going to happen but I bet any resistance would be called terrorism as well.

I bet if these ''terrorists'' had tanks and helicopters they would use them dont you think?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If PM Putin is half as KBG as i think he is.

He will "then appoints Zyuganov",, as head of the Inquiry into the Bombings.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
WW3 in the makings fellas.Someone will declare the all out war of radical Islam targeting governments eventually.Cannot stand the media over alayzing mass murderers in the Islamic terrorism world which is really all they are.There brainwashed by their governments and radical mosque.
edit on 30-12-2013 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

And yet the IOC says they are confident the Sochi games will be safe. I on the other hand am confident they have no clue as to how safe they will be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join