It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What NOT to do when owning guns .....posting online, that is....unless you like attention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

HomerinNC

Everyone is using the word OFFENSIVE way too liberally nowadays, to mean "I don't like it"

'Offensensitivity' has been around for a while but it's reached pandemic proportions in the US.

I think Mr I-got-guns-and-a-baby did an admirable job of accomplishing nothing intelligent here but it's kind of funny watching folks freak out about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

How about this photo?

Every bodies first thought is?

I can't believe how those parents let that child play with a gun. They don't deserve to have a child.

Opposite side of the coin to be fair and balanced.

I can't believe those parents let that snotty nose kid play with and slobber all over that gun. They don't deserve to have a gun.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

This is a non issue just a kid with guns. They want you to believe this is a huge issue when it is really small fries compared to what is really going on.

This mirrors an event that just happened in my life. I was told my avatar wasn't allowed because it showed a gun pointing at the reader. How fd up is this world when avatars are considered threatening and offensive. And yes I understand its against t and c's which is why I complied. But come on really? Is everyone that fing sensitive!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Don't post pics of full auto firearms you don't have an FFL for.

eta: this kid is a bit young. I didn't get my own rifle until I was eight.
edit on 29-12-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's a dumb thing to do, but I don't think it's anything more than that. Something tells whoever posted that photo is in desperate need of attention.

IkNOwSTuff

13th Zodiac

Nothing to say this photo was not created to offened. Nothing to say this photo was not created by those who wish to disarm you .

The above statement is true but a quick look on youtube will tell you what most of us already know, gun owners who own this many guns are idiots and tin foil hat wearing aside Im pretty sure you dont think this pic is nay sort of conspiracy.

No sane logical person requires 8 firearms, in my opinion once you get past a handgun and a rifle or 2 it ceases to be about hunting and protection and moves into love of guns, pure and simple.
The moron who took this photo was celebrating and reveling in their arsenal and any true defender of the 2nd amendment should be the 1st ones to condemn this, happy to see that on this thread that is the case.

A visit from Social services is completely justified in this circumstance if you ask me
edit on 29/12/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)
They could be collectors.
edit on 29-12-2013 by technical difficulties because: another reply

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

JBA2848

Every bodies first thought is?

I can't believe how those parents let that child play with a gun. They don't deserve to have a child.

Opposite side of the coin to be fair and balanced.

I can't believe those parents let that snotty nose kid play with and slobber all over that gun. They don't deserve to have a gun.

That belt in his lap looks like linked 30 cal for an air cooled machine gun.

Don't think it's M60 though.

That kids gonna have some serious toys to play with when he gets older

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That is a photo from the Adam Lanza evidence.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Oh please, I've been in the South 20 years. I'll say whatever I want about it. You guys give these people way too much credit.

My apologies

I was just trying to be polite to any members here on ATS that are from the south, therefore I didn't want to disrespect them by lumping all southerners into one stereotype category i.e. 'hillbilly' / 'redneck' / 'ignorant'

But please, have at it if you insist

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 30-12-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

JBA2848

That is a photo from the Adam Lanza evidence.

You gotta be kidding.
OK I'm officially embarrassed.
edit on 30-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Stuff like this always makes me suspicious. I think this is the kind of thing they often do just to get people riled up. Example - Someone who hates free speech makes a really offensive statement on TV and the next thing you know, the MSM amplifies it so everyone in the world is talking about it. Which is not to say that really offensive things are never said. Just that it's often an exaggeration of how people supposedly abuse free speech.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Don't see a problem here. Nor is it the business of any Govt entity to stick their nose into.

There is no danger posed to the child. The child doesn't have the ability to discharge a firearm, let alone aim and shoot.

Now, is the photo dumb?? Yes.

Is it the right of people to be dumb??? Yes.

Is it dumb to post the pic?? Yes again.

Is it any business of Govt?? Noooooo.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

13th Zodiac

Nothing to say this photo was not created to offened. Nothing to say this photo was not created by those who wish to disarm you .

The above statement is true but a quick look on youtube will tell you what most of us already know, gun owners who own this many guns are idiots and tin foil hat wearing aside Im pretty sure you dont think this pic is nay sort of conspiracy.

No sane logical person requires 8 firearms, in my opinion once you get past a handgun and a rifle or 2 it ceases to be about hunting and protection and moves into love of guns, pure and simple.
The moron who took this photo was celebrating and reveling in their arsenal and any true defender of the 2nd amendment should be the 1st ones to condemn this, happy to see that on this thread that is the case.

A visit from Social services is completely justified in this circumstance if you ask me

Nonsense. People collect firearms just like people collect any other object. Being tools that do many different jobs, a firearms enthusiast may have many more than 8 firearms due to the variety of things he does: duck hunting, deer hunting, wild boar hunting, elk hunting, varmiting, historical reenacting, long range competition, hand gun competition, skeet, trap, single action, etc.

I laugh that you call those few guns an "arsenal."

It is ignorant and silly to call someone who owns more than a couple of guns insane or illogical. What you are doing is projecting your own emotional prejudices on other people. Just because you have a fear of an inanimate object, does not make those who do not insane--in fact the opposite is rather true.

Why should they get a call from SS? The baby appears healthy and well fed. Is that comment based on facts or your irrational fear of "scary" looking inanimate objects?

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

InTheFlesh1980
The photo has been called irresponsible, stupid, and offensive. I do not find it to be any of these things.

First, if the firearms are unloaded then it is not irresponsible. Guns without ammo are inanimate objects. Taking a photo of an infant that is in no danger whatsoever is not irresponsible.

Second, I don't find it stupid because the photo has a point. How many photos actually have a point? There are countless selfies and pics of dippy-grinned half-wits all over the internet, all without a point. This photo says "I protect my family". Not stupid to me.

The most you can say is that it is in "bad taste". That is subjective. I find peoples' photos of their grandmas visually offensive... to each their own.

Well said

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

JBA2848
That photo reminds me of that other cute little kid with guns.

Adam was so cute with all those guns.
edit on 29-12-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

I don't get your point. For every #bag like Adam Lanza, millions of American kids grow up with guns and become responsible and safe adults.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

It also wasn't the guns that made Adam into what he turned into.
And what is the percent of people that commit actions like Adam, as compared to gun owners?
A percent of a percent maybe?

And people have committed violent acts without using firearms.

To be fearful of firearms is a lazy way of going through life. A person would rather sit back on the idea that guns are bad/evil, then look at the person.

edit on 31-12-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why do parents do what the do to their kids or even their pets for that matter?

Is it cute or funny to pose a toddler with a gun or dress up your daughter like a whore or put a dress on your boy or stick your dog in a baby carriage?

Really, what's the point other than broadcasting to the world how empty and boring your life must be or giving that child one more scar to carry around into adulthood?

Too many people need to find better things to do with their time.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

NavyDoc

IkNOwSTuff

13th Zodiac

Nonsense. People collect firearms just like people collect any other object. Being tools that do many different jobs, a firearms enthusiast may have many more than 8 firearms due to the variety of things he does: duck hunting, deer hunting, wild boar hunting, elk hunting, varmiting, historical reenacting, long range competition, hand gun competition, skeet, trap, single action, etc.

I laugh that you call those few guns an "arsenal."

Agree completely. I'm not sure how many I have, exactly, but it's two big gun safes full, plus the cabinet in the house, there are a few scattered around the house in strategic locations, the ones in the vehicle and one or two at work.

It ranges from black powder to .50 cals, as you say it depends on what I'm doing with it. I don't take my sporting clay shotguns duck hunting, nor do I take my TC Contenders to IPSC meets. I've got rifles for horseback, short range swamp hunting, bean field rifles, varmint rifles, collector pieces, competition rifles and spares for rifles you can't buy anymore. Then there's sidearms, and I've got wads of those, some with sentimental value like my old Uzi and my M9, from IPSC pistols to TCs for accuracy meets. And work pieces, and ones for self-protection, and any number of handguns that just caught my attention, but I'd trade off at a show.

I could probably scrape around my bedroom closet and produce more than the picture.

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Wow for a minute their I was speechless.

Yes, I imagine these people got a visit from social services and the police, that was really a stupid thing to do.

It does amaze me sometimes. I am wholly for the second amendment but when people post pictures like this, or pictures of dozens of weapons and think it amusing to talk crap are suprised to get a visit from the police, it is just absurd. Of course you will be visited, idiots.

That picture is in the poorest taste and shame on that baby's mom for allowing it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join